RATE IN WHICH WEAPONS DESPAWN IS A GOOD THING.

Jamesw01

So I use to hate dying with the snip then running back and losing my weapon but ive found this to be a better thing to have considering how many power weapons there are. Please dont change this unless in a classic game or those without ordnance drops.

Unfortunately you are correct. With the way weapons are given out, the disappearing weapons needs to stay as is, but many people wish this whole system wasn't like it was.

The weapon despawning is very annoying. The problem comes in when you need ammo. Yes we have a perk for that, but it doesn't help when the opponent you killed is a 1/4 map away and you can't even go and grab what ammo he/she left. At that point, your only option is to die on purpose just so you can get back into the game with a weapon to use. Ammo is another thing they need to leave. I have yet to see any ammo clips on the maps yet. On campaign and spartan ops....the despawning is just plain out annoying as hell. You use to be able to choose what weapon to pick up and use, and fall back and grab another that you left behind in case you needed it......no more now though.

• Like 1

The weapon despawning is very annoying. The problem comes in when you need ammo. Yes we have a perk for that, but it doesn't help when the opponent you killed is a 1/4 map away and you can't even go and grab what ammo he/she left. At that point, your only option is to die on purpose just so you can get back into the game with a weapon to use. Ammo is another thing they need to leave. I have yet to see any ammo clips on the maps yet. On campaign and spartan ops....the despawning is just plain out annoying as hell. You use to be able to choose what weapon to pick up and use, and fall back and grab another that you left behind in case you needed it......no more now though.

Would it be cheesy to put out an ammo crate? Seriously would it? That would fix things at least on a basic level. Have some ammo caches dispensed around each level.

I agree with the OP, however, I feel like this might be a bit of a random timer. I could be wrong, but I got killed on Solace with my sniper, ran up literally five seconds later, and it was gone. Then, later, I had the sticky detonator, died, ran up about fifteen seconds later, and it was still there. Maybe I'm going crazy, or maybe it's weapon-based. I'm not quite sure...

I agree with the OP, however, I feel like this might be a bit of a random timer. I could be wrong, but I got killed on Solace with my sniper, ran up literally five seconds later, and it was gone. Then, later, I had the sticky detonator, died, ran up about fifteen seconds later, and it was still there. Maybe I'm going crazy, or maybe it's weapon-based. I'm not quite sure...

Nah you are correct the despawn is literally 5-10 seconds. Waaay to quick by any standards.

Despawn time is 10-12 seconds. Looking at the gun stops the timer. You can't just look at it across the map though.