Ordinance and teams having multiple snipers...

wookieeassassin

Really, if a team already has a sniper, shotun, rocket, etc. they should not get a personal ordinance drop with another sniper , shotgun, etc. It is no fun at all to play a team who has three snipers. It gets even worse when teams decide to use active camo. On a similar note, cloak needs to be drained after your fire or at least deactivated when you zoom in with a sniper. This was a problem in Reach and camo was taken out of game modes where there were snipers.

I have been complaining about this for the last few days, more because I have not had a decent drop in a long time (just the luck of the draw I suppose). But this has made me more aware of the enemies drops, many times on Ragnarok the enemy team has had 3-4 snipers going at one time which is not really fair.

I believe that the system could be say the same drop in sequence for each team.. with minor differences of course. for example:

Drop 1: Sniper(any sniper that can be random)/overshield/grenades(any kind)

Drop 2: Rockets(any kind)/speedboost/grenades(any kind)

Drop 3: Concussion or Railgun/damage boost/grenades

Drop 4: Shotgun(either)/speed boost/ grenades

The above is just to highlight that each team gets the same sequence of drops with the few random changes being the only difference. The list could be pre set and this would encourage people to go out and fight as the best drops come first. The sequence of drops could be equivalent to the number of players on each team or just less so the better player doing the work gets the better drops.

They could also thus have it limited to say 1 spartan laser per team per round in btb.

I know the system above is just a thought but what ye think??? Any possible improvements?

The drops are random and there is nothing to "tweak" about it. 343i does not have a way to track and see what players on the map have and count up the guns Ib total. It would be a lot of work for a very minor improvement.

I wouldn't call it minor, I have found that while I think the drops are an interesting and in many ways a good idea they are so flawed that its not game breaking but round destroying.

It often makes me leave BTB (my favourite game mode) and just go play slayer as the drops are all of some use there. The game is supposed to be about balance what I proposed keeps the balance with the drops!!!

I am no computer programmer but would have thought coding for such a thing would not be a massive task as its simply setting up a sequence that repeats endlessly... (open to correction here)

I have been complaining about this for the last few days, more because I have not had a decent drop in a long time (just the luck of the draw I suppose). But this has made me more aware of the enemies drops, many times on Ragnarok the enemy team has had 3-4 snipers going at one time which is not really fair.

I believe that the system could be say the same drop in sequence for each team.. with minor differences of course. for example:

Drop 1: Sniper(any sniper that can be random)/overshield/grenades(any kind)

Drop 2: Rockets(any kind)/speedboost/grenades(any kind)

Drop 3: Concussion or Railgun/damage boost/grenades

Drop 4: Shotgun(either)/speed boost/ grenades

The above is just to highlight that each team gets the same sequence of drops with the few random changes being the only difference. The list could be pre set and this would encourage people to go out and fight as the best drops come first. The sequence of drops could be equivalent to the number of players on each team or just less so the better player doing the work gets the better drops.

They could also thus have it limited to say 1 spartan laser per team per round in btb.

I know the system above is just a thought but what ye think??? Any possible improvements?

I'm curious what kind of playlists you prefer, I think if you spend a lot of time in Infinity Slayer, for example, you might have hard time scoring some of the biggest power weapons. I've noticed you get a lot more formidable ordinance in Big Team.

There are still some inconsistencies, like the other day I watched with amusement through my sniper scope as some dude had called himself down some ordinance and got a gravity hammer. Lol, what a terrible life he must have led. It was adorable watching him collect his hammer, because the hammers are so big it makes me think of a baby with a giant stuffed animal or toy. He called it down out in the open too, I tend to try and get somewhere safe before I call ordinance. Anyway I killed him, but looking back on it I almost feel bad about it because he clearly wasn't hurting anyone.