My matchmaking is broken.

Tovo

When I'm trying to play with my wife, we just sit at the "searching for players" screen forever. Our NAT is open and all the necessary ports are forwarded so there's no reason to think there's a connection problem. I've also reset the router and the consoles to no avail. I will note that there's a ~*~HUGE~*~ skill gap between the two of us so maybe that's the issue? Am I doomed to playing alone because I'm way better than all my friends? This possibility distresses me greatly.

When I'm trying to play with my wife, we just sit at the "searching for players" screen forever. Our NAT is open and all the necessary ports are forwarded so there's no reason to think there's a connection problem. I've also reset the router and the consoles to no avail. I will note that there's a ~*~HUGE~*~ skill gap between the two of us so maybe that's the issue? Am I doomed to playing alone because I'm way better than all my friends? This possibility distresses me greatly.

What time and playlist are you trying to play. Do either of you have a lot of games played? Do both of you have xbox live accounts that you use to play H4 or is she playing as a guest?

We usually play Team Slayer in the evening when there are around 30-40k players and we play on separate accounts with a few hundred games played each. I should clarify that it used to work flawlessly for us but lately we've been having a lot of trouble with it. It does work *sometimes* and when it works, it works great and consecutively but when it doesn't work, it just doesn't. It's a crap shoot.

Sorry, I left out a monumentally important detail. Up until recently, we've been playing split screen but now we're playing on two separate Xboxes on the same network. It seems like this is when the inconsistency in matchmaking began.

had this problem the other day when i played with a friend who just started playing he was a level 4. and it'd take 10 minutes to find a game. do they try and match you with similar SR ranks? if so that's pretty stupid. they should go the COD rout and just match you up with anyone. maybe implement what they had in H3 where if you were new you had your own playlist for the first few ranks