Why did they get rid of?

gravydeath

Yeah, that's what I'm on about. 99% of the time I don't play with a mic or people I know, so that helped loads.

Another thing I really miss is being able to quickly see how many kills/deaths I have during the game. Now I'll only know I have 15 kills and however many points, but no clue how many deaths I've had and whether to adapt my playstyle a bit midgame.

Not sure I'm a fan of the 'multilevel radar' either. A good H3/H2 player could tell whether the opponents were above or below just through map knowledge and giving everyone that information lowers the skill gap a little.

Not sure I'm a fan of the 'multilevel radar' either. A good H3/H2 player could tell whether the opponents were above or below just through map knowledge and giving everyone that information lowers the skill gap a little.

I honestly hate having this "smart radar" it generates slower gameplay and camping. This also removes the ability for a player to out move another player, as they know for a fact if you did move behind them or above/below them.

Not to mention how LARGE of an area it covers.

the elevation indicators are welcome IMO. I remember in halo 2 there was something similar that I think a lot of ppl overlooked. the red dots on the radar were slightly different whether they were above or below you. maybe it was just my knowledge of the maps tricking me, but whenever I relied on it to tell me their elevation I was never wrong

• Like 1

Even though this feature existed in Reach, I don't feel it would apply well to HALO 4. The reason being, in other HALO variants (e.g., 2, 3) there were no spartan abilities like "sprint, jetpack, etc.). The maps in HALO 4, are centered and designed around these armour abilities. It would take less than 3 seconds for an ambush of spartans to be at a location of where gunfire would be taking place. This would severely cripple the 1v1 metagame in my opinion.

They do have a flashing call sign when you're firing or taking damage. (Maybe I'm mistaken but I know for a FACT it flashes between blue and orange when your shields have popped).

The radar thing was a little tricky to get used to. I don't know how much of a hindrance it was or if maybe it was an overlooked after thought? Well never know.

the elevation indicators are welcome IMO. I remember in halo 2 there was something similar that I think a lot of ppl overlooked. the red dots on the radar were slightly different whether they were above or below you. maybe it was just my knowledge of the maps tricking me, but whenever I relied on it to tell me their elevation I was never wrong

Youre right I remember how it worked

Previous halo's radar also indicated what level the dot was on, if it was below or above you, it was harder to tell but the shape of the dots changed in halo 2 and 3.

You and me seem to be the only people to remember this sir, thank you lol