Fall damage

Yoshi1176

Why is it that master cheif can fall from space and live but if you fall ten feet you die?

Okay your ten feet remark is you just throwing some dumb number out. You can jump off the hill on Ragnarok into the water and not get fall damage which is a lot higher then ten feet. You have to fall pretty far in the game to receive fall damage. And Chief was lucky to live through that. His armor locking up is what saved his life and he did almost die from it.

I can't actually think of a single spot in multiplayer where fall damage is high enough to kill outright at full shield strength: it's really not that big an issue. With that in mind, I don't really know why the didn't just get rid of it altogether, though maybe it's just a way of controlling map movement?

I can't actually think of a single spot in multiplayer where fall damage is high enough to kill outright at full shield strength: it's really not that big an issue. With that in mind, I don't really know why the didn't just get rid of it altogether, though maybe it's just a way of controlling map movement?

i can't say that i've ever experienced fall damage in multiplayer. I think they have it so players don't accidently kill themselves if they're just backing up. Or it may be to keep the game flowing more smoothly

i can't say that i've ever experienced fall damage in multiplayer. I think they have it so players don't accidently kill themselves if they're just backing up. Or it may be to keep the game flowing more smoothly

It is definitely in there, though MUCH weaker than it was in Reach. Maybe it's also to help keep the Jetpack under control?

• Like 1