Voice Your Opinion - What do you want?

incomepitbull

Lets go back to what Halo really is.

Halo 1, 2, and 3 set the path. Then Halo Reach came along. It appealed mostly to the kids who couldn't get a 50. The same kids who use an Assault Rifle in Team BR's or don't veto for BR's and play for the map. I am not bashing them, but based off what I have seen this is true. Not everyone can be, or cares to be good. However, the type of gameplay seemed to appeal to those exhausted with the fight to rank up simply because they weren't good enough.

Halo is, or at least was... 1-50 ranking system. This was what made people play the game for hours and hours and hours on end.. Trying to get their 50.. You don't play a game for credits to unlock armor... at the end of the day, who cares? The rank is what placed you with other people in the same skill range as you.. If your good, you had a 50 and played with other 50s. You didn't get partied up with level 12s or 20s when your a 50, that isnt fair to anyone. It's like playing a basketball game against Michael Jordan, just isn't fair. The rank is what gave Halo the "addiction" factor!

Then you guys argue, oh the ranking system is flawed. No, the Halo 3 ranking system was flawed. Halo 2's wasnt that bad, and was pretty close to perfect. Halo 3, the problem was with the math.. Now your going to tell me you can't change the algorithm to make the ranking system NOT take into consideration their number of losses? That is how "boosting" worked. If you remove boosting, you take away the real need to derank! They deranked because the more losses your account had, by purposely making the system THINK you were terrible. Then by playing with a fresh account, or not too bad off account, when you won the system thought "oh they won, and that kid he is with is terri-bad, so he should get an extra boost". End result was you would jump 2, 3 or 4 ranks! Remove the "losses" from the algorithm and you fix that! If you have struggled and have a lot of losses in H3, it became impossible to rank up easily. Kids didnt know this. They would have really bad accounts and wonder why they barely ranked up. They would have been better off to make a new account! Also, playing in a part of 3 or 4 slowed you down also. If you wanted to rank up, you had to play solo or with 1 other person only. H2 wasnt like that! So no, the reason to NOT have the 1-50 ranking system is not that... Unless nobody thought of this? I don't really see that I am smarter than the engineer's or high level coders of the system. It isn't that hard to figure out.

Halo didn't get popular because it piggy-backed off of what other games did. Halo was it's own game, in a class of it's own! Halo was a huge hit.. Now its getting smoked by CoD and other games. Halo IS NOT CoD, so why pretend?

I guarantee if you make Halo 5 just like Halo 2/3 (but fix the algo to limit derankers/boosters) but keep the smooth internet gameplay of Reach and graphics. Keep the 1-50, keep MLG, Take out the stupid DMR, jetpack, armor lock.. Everything you did in Reach and 4 basically take it out.. The credit thing is fine, to unlock emblems and helmets or and stuff.. But you NEED the 1-50 ranking system to keep the gamers playing it like a crack addict! I give reach credit on its better graphics and smoother internet connection, the lag wasnt that bad really. Halo 3 (BR, TS, MLG, 1-50 ranks), with Halo 2 ranking system, with Reach graphics and internet connection, and also Reach credit system (keeping 1-50 ranks).

I mean I think H3 would be cool once I got my 50 if I also could have more to do.. I got my 50, have played 1k games on my 50.. There is nothing else to do lol. The competitive part is addictive and fun still, but if we also had credits and could unlock additional emblems and armor, or change the gun colors/skin, scope colors, ect.. It would allow us to still have "HALO" and the competition addiction of 1-50 ranking, but throw in our own flavor of customization. We could pimp out our guys.. Maybe have stuff you can only unlock if you are a 50, as a reward.. Right now I am playing to keep my 50 and get my 5 star general.

I can't tell you how many true avid Halo players that hate Reach and 4, and are truly disappointed We don't want to see Halo die. WE ARE HALO! I understand going down different avenues to appeal to other gamers and their interests, but you can't remove the key ingredients to what make halo halo! You can't put square wheels on a car..

When people ask me why I love Halo, my only answer is "Because it's Halo!". It isn't something they would understand until they play it themselves.

Why would I play this game, the "new halo", for 6+ months...? To unlock some shoulder pads or helmets and credits? To play with kids who aren't on me skill level? At the end of that, what do I have to show? Nothing! What do I have to show in Halo 3 (and 2 before it shut down)? That I was a level 50 and played hundreds and thousands of games on my 50s! What did that tell others? That I was GOOD! I am not claiming or boasting that I am the best, because I am not! But to get a 50 and play on it a thousand games later and still have my 50, does mean that you are good.

It isn't fair to put kids who are terrible or never played, on a team with a person who is a 50. It isn't fair to him to get really bad teamattes. It also isnt fair to have a group of 50s play together and the other team is generally made up of level 20s or 30s. They will get destroyed, and nobody likes to lose, especially when it's unfair. If I was to play basketball and kept getting Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant on the other team, I would get upset too because that just isnt fair. That is what is happening with Reach and 4, you get good kids mixed in with bad kids.

To me.. a 50 is, control, concise, teamwork. Working together, knowing when the weapons respawn to the second to control them, to control the map, to work together, team BR, communicate. It was called TEAM SLAYER after all, not superman run out and die over and over. We timed with overshield came up, sniper, rockets, invisibility, all came back up.. We said "rockets will be up in 12 seconds, we need to move over there and wait for them".. My team would keep high ground and post up in ideal spots to ensure we got them! All of that strategy and teamwork is gone now... The "chess" aspect of Halo is gone!

To ME, Halo was a First Person Shooter version of Chess. Strategy! Most players didn't understand this, and just ran out in the middle and shot like crazy. Those, to me, are the kids who like Reach and Halo 4.

We miss the strategy, the setups, controlling when weapons respawn, the NEED for teamwork.

If we don't have a rank, we don't put our try-hard pants on! Who cares if you lose, it's not like your going to lose your 50 because it isn't ranked! It is like playing a basketball game without keeping score!

Of course there are going to be people who like the game. Everyone has their own opinion.. but as a voice, from all of the TRUE Halo addicts who play it because of what Halo truly is... We miss Halo and are truly upset and fear Halo, as we know it, is now dead and will never return. This is the only reason I play the 360.

Now, I expect this thread to be removed. Mostly because I voiced my opinion, which as an American I believe that we have freedom of speech. However, this speech is probably going to be censored by mods/admins here because it is the truth and goes against what 343 wants to hear.

As a business, you need to hear what your people want. You can't blindly toss products out and say here, this is what you get. You appeal to your audience! Now you appealed to those "other" people for Reach and 4, please don't leave us Halo die hards out to dry. We played Halo 2 till the server shut down, and we are STILL playing Halo 3 to this day because we don't like Reach or 4! I feel we are the true members of Halo, and it is a shame to forget about us!

You need to know, we are upset with what Halo has became.

I made a Facebook page, and am gathering votes from Halo fans. So voice your opinion! If we get enough votes, maybe we can prove to 343 what the real fans want! If we wanted CoD we would play CoD!

Share your vote:

https://www.facebook.com/Halo4Review

We would like to share the results of the voting with 343.

I would like to see a longer campaign for one. Also bring back the score achievements for each campaign level. That made me want to continue to play the campaign over and over again to try to reach those scores. Would like to see the commendations come back for the campaign as well. Also I would like to see a bigger variety when it comes to the Prometheans if they're still a big enemy in the next game. There was really only 3 types of enemies and not much difference between the different classes. When it came to the Elites they had a distinct difference in their Armor and power. No matter which Knight I fought I felt like I was fighting the same thing over and over.

The ranking system making a return would make me want to continue to play. Getting a higher SR that doesn't help to match me with other players of similar skill doesn't do much for me. Having it return in Halo 5 would be okay as long as theirs a ranking system separate from that rank. Get rid of the DMR. Sure it's very strong and has it's uses but, after just over a month of playing has made me see the lack of variety when it comes to the weapons people use. I hardly ever see anyone ever use anymore besides the DMR. None of the other precision weapons can compete with it. It has the same range as the Sniper Rifle just not as much power. The return of the Carbine was made pointless because of the DMR. I would be fine with it staying if it got a fire rate nerf. Then I would be able to compete with it using the Carbine.

Get rid of Flood. Bring back the old Zombie game type. Allowing AA in Flood is stupid and the Flood shouldn't be allowed to swipe with their sword arm while boosting. The old type of zombies in Halo 3 and Reach was by far the best. Also they shouldn't have shields. And give the last man standing some sort of boost. One person against 6 zombies while having a marker on their head is quite unfair. I would like to see some sort of Double Exp weekend make a return. Doesn't have to be double exp but, add some type of playlist with a fun game type like Team Melee of Fiesta.

If Spartan Ops is to make a return then don't use the same levels over and over or use any multiplayer levels in it either.

I think AA should be removed as well. Equipment should come back to replace it. In Reach, Sprint made all the other obsolete so they gave everyone sprint and added different ones. AA have made my online experience unlike what it was in Halo 3. Not nearly as fun. At times certain equipment in Halo 3 could be a complete game changer. The O. drops are okay but, there needs to be a way to limit how many of each weapon are allowed on the map at one time.

I want something closer to Halo 2, but nothing incredibly different from Halo 4.

Halo 2 had a story that was completely different from the rest of the games because it followed a Dual story that kissed in small but major parts. That was a deeper, more intense story perspective then following one character story ark. This could convey a more eleberate Universe and throw single character Idea to the back seat to explore more then one personal storyline featuring characters that we care about in the canon. With that kind of Expression we can only enhance the wonderful new Story line 343 started in 4.

Personally, Thel Vadum, aka the Arbiter, Is a far more complex and deeper character in the Halo story, who has complimented the game's story in a way that has yet to be retouched since Halo 2. His partner Half Jaw is another likely character whom i feel needs a solid role in the games, being as Human characters don't raise the bar in a compelling story as playing as a non human character because we know what to expect. Imagine playing as Thel Lost in a furunner City trying to fight through waves of furruner constructs to find soemthing important later in the series, while say Chief missions run between them and intersect at parts. Non Human Playable Characters brings Better Diversity to this beloved game universe. Their is a certain sense of Mystery involved with playing multiple character missions and stories that enhance the game farther then ever before, Opening a much Grander Scale i feel should be revisted and EXPANDED UPON.

post-13695-0-02118600-1356423727_thumb.jpg

I feel as if 343 changed too much, don't get me wrong it's still a great game but Master Chief doesn't look the same, the gametypes suck, no MLG? Really 343? And also what happened to the old BR. After 4 years the shape of the battle rifle changed and you made it weaker? Yeah right. Campaign was super short. Cortana dies, you fly a pelican, and you almost showed Master Chief's face!!!! Those are all of Bungie's secrets.

I have a secret for 343, there are people who like your game and dislike your game. Most of the people who ha played halo all their life and expirienced halo 2 and halo 3 don't like the game. It's just the people who just started playing halo that likes the game.

One thing that I would really like to see is more weapon drops. The sniper drops like twice in a whole game. And you can't really get it unless you play big team. And there is 8 people in big team fighting over 2 snipers. I understand the whole ordinance deal but you don't always get your weapon of choice.

And my last thing is, people get tired of the same armor. Maybe you should create little armor DLC packages. 343 makes money and the community happy! That would be my christmas wish! :)

I just wanted to say I agree with you 100 hundred percent.

The main thing that has me upset about Reach and Halo 4 is the lack of notifiable skill in a player. Whenever my friends would try to argue halo vs cod my argument as a halo fanboy was always that in halo you did not simply run out and kill someone without a fight. In halo if you were in an evenly matched game every fight was a intense battle. If you wanted to be the one still standing you actually had to outsmart the other person. I honestly feel that you can no longer say that. Now halo is just like cod 90 percent of the time whoever gets the jump on the other person will win the fight. I'm sorry to burst the bubble 343 BUT THAT'S NOT HALO.

Halo is about like the OP said controlling the weapon and power up spawns, and controlling the map. Halo reach started the trend of ruining that by introducing armor abilities (this was the first step towards giving players a power with out them having to go out and fight for it.). Then halo 4 came out and you took that idea and ran with it. In halo 4 you first allowed people to pick there weapons (this is dumb because it encourages people to camp with things like dmr/boltshot. Why go get a shotgun when I can spawn with a boltshot that is just as good?). Then you introduced these completely dumb things called ordnance drops. I honestly can not put into words how disappointed I am to see halo with care packages. THIS GAME IS ABOUT WEAPON AND MAP CONTROL. That is what halo was founded on and what set it apart. Giving ordnance completely takes that out of the game. Take Vahalla for example. Say my team gets hill control, gets the laser, kills the other banshee right? Okay cool now I am free to wreck havok in my banshee because we had good weapon and map control and I was smart enough to keep it alive. But no I'm sorry DerpDerp on the other team got 2 kills and 3 assists so he now deserves to get a spartan laser ordnance that he can spawn safely in his base and kill my banshee. That is just dumb. Plain and simple.

Like the OP said you want to make a good halo multiplayer. Put in Halo 3, update the graphics, fix the minor bugs with the ranking system. Halo3 in my opinion was the peak that Halo should get to. You still had weapon and powerups that you had to go get. But they also added in pickups these are kinda armor abilities but they are one time use and you still have to compete for them they are not just handed out. Also the maps for halo3 were the best I have been very disappointed with the maps on reach and 4.

If nothing that I just said strikes home then let me offer you a proposal. You have two fan groups one crying out for the return of halo 2 and 3 gameplay. One who is satisfied with this new style. Why not do a remake of halo 2 like you did for halo ce. Accept this time bring back the whole halo 2 map list and instead of using 4's multiplayer use halo 2's. Then you will actually be making both sides happy and make more money. Because once halo 3's servers go down I know I'm done until there is change and I bet many more feel the same.