How the War Games Playlists Should be Arranged!!!

SatanicBagels

Alright I'm going to propose an idea to reform the War Games playlists for maximum population and fun-i-tude (not a real word). In order to do that I am first going to establish the base playlists and try and work from there.

Infinity Slayer

BTB

Crimson DLC

Dominion

Regicide

Flood

CTF

Oddball

Team Regicide

SWAT

The first thing I'm going to do is propose that Team Regicide stays. It is arguably funner than regular Regicide... and I don't see any reason that we shouldn't have a team oriented version of this game as for some people it gives them an opportunity to get some slaying action without having to worry about ordinance drops.

I'll also propose combining CTF, Oddball, and KoTH into one playlist called Team Objective. I always felt that Team Objective was a bit of a variety pack in Halo Reach as it allowed you to enter with no idea what you were going to get and be forced to adapt your strategy based on what you get. If all else fails, I can also see a place for Team Regicide in here as well.

So this gives us...

Infinity Slayer

BTB

Crimson DLC

Dominion

Regicide

Team Regicide

Flood

Team Obective

SWAT

Of course there are some other playlists that I think that 343 industries should attempt and squeeze in there. These playlists are Team Snipers, Grifball, and Team Doubles.

Team Snipers is a relative muse as it has been a staple of Halo Matchmaking since Halo 2. It is one of the most popular playlists and definitely should be included full time. Grifball is also a must because it provides fun (and sometimes competitive) action to a very large part of the community in a way that Flood or Action Sack never could. It is also a huge fan favorite and along with Team Snipers would easily absorb a large portion of the general population.

Team Doubles is really a no brainer to me. It doesn't take a massive population to be successful and it is probably if I do say so myself one of the most popular playlists in Halo history. If added to Halo 4 it would be played by many.

I also didn't include Action Sack because I believe that Grifball and Flood occupy the casual portion of the population fairly well and adding another casual playlists would probably in turn water the playlist populations down. Action Sack, at least to me, should be brought in if they ever wanted to do a Double XP weekend or just mix it up a bit for a little while.

In addition I'll leave room for MLG to be worked in there eventually.

So that leaves my final playlist selection at...

Infinity Slayer

Big Team Battle

Crimson DLC

Dominion

Regicide

Team Regicide

Flood

Team Objective

SWAT

Team Snipers

Grifball

Team Doubles

MLG

Thoughts? Discussion? Comments?

...you're a Slayer man, aren't you?

Seriously though, I really don't like the idea of a single Objective playlist. I love things like Capture the Flag, Extraction and King of the Hill, but I can't stand Oddball, and I know there are a lot of other players out there who have the same love-hate relationship with the various Objective gametypes: I think most of us in that position tend to avoid playlists where we might get stuck on those gametypes altogether, rather than just join and hope for the best. Plus, it's nice to be able to finish a game and be able to choose what gametype you want to play next, rather than having to hope the vote goes in your way.

I'd also like to see a more classic free-for-all playlist, as I'm just not that big a fan of Regicide. I wouldn't mind if it weren't the only option, but at the moment if I want to play by myself it's Regicide or nothing, and I think that making a mixed-bag free-for-all playlist would raise the population instead of shrink it.

I'd also ideally like to see the Crimson DLC playlist removed, and matchmaking adjusted to try and group together players with DLC so that it comes up more often in all other playlists: there were more than enough season passes bought to make this a viable option.

...you're a Slayer man, aren't you?

Seriously though, I really don't like the idea of a single Objective playlist. I love things like Capture the Flag, Extraction and King of the Hill, but I can't stand Oddball, and I know there are a lot of other players out there who have the same love-hate relationship with the various Objective gametypes: I think most of us in that position tend to avoid playlists where we might get stuck on those gametypes altogether, rather than just join and hope for the best. Plus, it's nice to be able to finish a game and be able to choose what gametype you want to play next, rather than having to hope the vote goes in your way.

I'd also like to see a more classic free-for-all playlist, as I'm just not that big a fan of Regicide. I wouldn't mind if it weren't the only option, but at the moment if I want to play by myself it's Regicide or nothing, and I think that making a mixed-bag free-for-all playlist would raise the population instead of shrink it.

I'd also ideally like to see the Crimson DLC playlist removed, and matchmaking adjusted to try and group together players with DLC so that it comes up more often in all other playlists: there were more than enough season passes bought to make this a viable option.

That I am. I also agree that the Crimson DLC isn't the best, but 343i would never remove it because of all the people who would complain that they can't use their DLC.