Guests in Matchmaking

ArmouredGRIFFON

Why are there guests in matchmaking? If 343 are going to introduce a skill level criterion then they cannot have guests in matchmaking! It not only makes it unfair on whatever team (to the extra two players) forced to play with somebody with a guest on their team (as Halo is a very finite game when it comes to each player in 4v4's on a high level) but it also allows boosting.

My K/D has dropped from a solid 3 to a solid 2 because of guests being poor team-mates in matchmaking :(. You get the same thing in freeforall, players working together or boosting!

It is very clear to me that this pretty much falsifies most of the data 343 may have collected, as I'm certain at least one team (not individual) will have played with guests. That being said, in any game I haven't seen a working ranking system since Halo 3/Starcraft 2. What happened after 2009 I don't know... :(

Yeah but there aren't any ranked playlists in Halo 4....

There were guests in H3, and in Reach (although playlists started reducing amount of local players allowed), and in H2 if I remember correctly. Playing as a guest was the first time I played H2 online, almost the only time I did.

I LIKE guests being allowed into matchmaking. Not everyone can afford games, or maybe they want to get a feel for it before they jump into the deep end with their own tags.

It was friends allowing me to play as their guests or play on their tags that made me want to play Halo 3 on Xbox Live more than ever, which is why I got the game and a tag of my own.

It was experience playing as other people's guests that made me confident I could climb the ranks in Halo 3 on that new tag of mine.

It was friends playing as my guests that made playing Halo 3 with my new gamertag so special. That was the best thing I remember in college, playing Halo 3 with my two best friends right next to me, first as my guests and then later one of them on his own tag.

It was playing as my guest that got my best friend to decide he wanted a tag of his own.

The guest system lets friends play together, and that's the whole point.

You're upset about your stats? Forget your stats, you won't have ANY stats if the game doesn't draw new players, and allowing people to play as guests is probably the best aspect of Xbox Live. I'd take guests any day over some fool who thinks his K/D is more important than everyone's good time. Guests make new players, new players make games survive.

• Like 1

Yeah I didn't bother calling him out on that.

I looked at your Service Record OP, I have some terrible news for you: You haven't played that many games, you might have started strong but your K/D will eventually level out. Mine started high too, but the more games you play the more accurate it becomes. You were never really a 3.0 kind of guy, or even a 2.0. More games = more accurate K/D, and in the case of someone who trueskill hasn't placed yet More games = lower K/D (Still accurate though). It's all about averages, and I suspect your average K/D isn't done dropping.

Just stay away from Grifball if they ever get it, your K/D will never recover.

Yeah but there aren't any ranked playlists in Halo 4....

There were guests in H3, and in Reach (although playlists started reducing amount of local players allowed), and in H2 if I remember correctly.

I LIKE guests being allowed into matchmaking. Not everyone can afford games, or maybe they want to get a feel for it before they jump into the deep end with their own tags.

It was friends allowing me to play as their guests or play on their tags that made me want to play Halo 3 on Xbox Live more than ever, which is why I got the game and a tag of my own.

It was experience playing as other people's guests that made me confident I could climb the ranks in Halo 3 on that new tag of mine.

It was friends playing as my guests that made playing Halo 3 with my new gamertag so special. That was the best thing I remember in college, playing Halo 3 with my two best friends right next to me, first as my guests and then later one of them on his own tag.

It was playing as my guest that got my best friend to decide he wanted a tag of his own.

The guest system lets friends play together, and that's the whole point.

You're upset about your stats? Forget your stats, you won't have ANY stats if the game doesn't draw new players, and allowing people to play as guests is probably the best aspect of Xbox Live. I'd take guests any day over some fool who thinks his K/D is more important than everyone's good time. Guests make new players, new players make games survive.

I strongly disagree. Guests were allowed in Social lists, not ranked, for a plethora of reasons, not the least was the absolute host rape that happens when guests are involved.

Why are there guests in matchmaking? If 343 are going to introduce a skill level criterion then they cannot have guests in matchmaking! It not only makes it unfair on whatever team (to the extra two players) forced to play with somebody with a guest on their team (as Halo is a very finite game when it comes to each player in 4v4's on a high level) but it also allows boosting.

My K/D has dropped from a solid 3 to a solid 2 because of guests being poor team-mates in matchmaking :(. You get the same thing in freeforall, players working together or boosting!

It is very clear to me that this pretty much falsifies most of the data 343 may have collected, as I'm certain at least one team (not individual) will have played with guests. That being said, in any game I haven't seen a working ranking system since Halo 3/Starcraft 2. What happened after 2009 I don't know... :(

Halo has always let guests in matchmaking. And since we aren't getting ranked playlists, this will always be something you have to deal with.

I strongly disagree. Guests were allowed in Social lists, not ranked, for a plethora of reasons, not the least was the absolute host rape that happens when guests are involved.

Well we don't have nor will we ever have ranked playlists... So ya, theres that.

I know they weren't allowed in Ranked lists. I also know why. Why do you keep talking about it like it matters? NO ONE said they were allowed in Ranked lists. With whom are you arguing? About WHAT are you arguing? Why do you "disagree" with my post about the benefits of guests, when not once in the post do I say anything you address in your post? You're having a conversation about a different topic... with yourself.

I don't care if I have a guest on my team as long as they're not AFK, complete garbage(like someone's 10 year old sibling) or being used to help boost. Yeah having a guest is okay but, if they suck really bad then that person shouldn't bring the guest into MM to hinder other people. Do some custom games with them or do Spartan Ops to get them used to the feel of the game and how stuff works.