Day 1 of Playing Halo 4: A Review

DaFakazi

Just want to post my feelings of the game. Today is my first day playing it, but I want to share my initial opinions.

First, the game is beautiful. It may just be the fact that I'm playing on my brand new 55" HDTV, but regardless you can tell they put a ton of work in the detailing. They really did a great job.

Second, the campaign seems solid. Granted, I only played campaign for about an hour, but I'm dying to play more. Unfortunately I have to wait for my friend to come back from vacation since I'd much rather go into it with a partner.

Multiplayer. Extremely, extremely disappointing. Can't say I'm surprised though considering how much of a bust Reach was. I was just hoping that this would change considering 343 was taking the reigns. However, to be frank, after playing it for only around 2 hours of it Halo 4 I am already bored of it. Not having ranks, especially after learning from Reach that not having ranks was a deal breaker for many competitive gamers, is simply disgusting. I just don't understand how they can't have ONE competitive playlist, at least similar to arena in Reach, to keep kids like me happy. I'm sorry, but I do not want to play against guests and kids that have just picked up an Xbox controller for the first time. Its awful how someone like me, who hasn't played over an hour since the beginning of the launch of Reach, can go around 20-4 almost every game. It's pathetic. I dont know if it's just the skill level of Halo players have gone down. WHY IS THERE NO COMPETITIVE PLAYLIST

And for anyone who's going to tell me that ranks are on the way, why the hell didn't they add them to the start.

• Like 1