No extermination medal? No Stick medal? No Assault gametype? No single flag CTF? Why?

Chris Hansen

Well....imagine my happiness when I shot a rocket at 4 idiots on the other team last night, "my first extermination medal!" I gleefully thought to myself as I exploded the entire enemy team, only to gain an overkill.

What the hell 343i? This medal was one of the most impressive/awesome medals to gain. I understand with instant respawn exterminations happen much less frequently, but come on.

Another thing bugging the crap out of me is the lack of a stick medal. I think that this is actually a glitch with the game as the white text STUCK pops up when you stick someone but no points or medal is awarded (like I give two craps about points in this case though). This should be an independant medal of the plasma kill.

Where is Assault/One Bomb and One Flag CTF? Some of the most quinesstential and popular objective gametypes in Halo. Ragnarok was made for an assault gametype, it was some of the best games on that map for me personally.

The reason I have made this post, rather then complaining these features aren't here is rather ask: why?

What possible reason could the same people who worked in bungie on Halo 1 2 and 3 have to exclude our favorite gametypes? Why are these medals not in the game any more? I know this seems like nitpicking, but where I'm coming from on this is why not? What would adding these features take away and not improve? I'm not angry that they are omitted but just curious and confused. Why is there a lack of a UNSC flying vehicle like the Hornet or Falcon in multiplayer and campaign, much less the lack of Scarabs in campaign...the list goes on.

Well....imagine my happiness when I shot a rocket at 4 idiots on the other team last night, "my first extermination medal!" I gleefully thought to myself as I exploded the entire enemy team, only to gain an overkill.

What the hell 343i? This medal was one of the most impressive/awesome medals to gain. I understand with instant respawn exterminations happen much less frequently, but come on.

Another thing bugging the crap out of me is the lack of a stick medal. I think that this is actually a glitch with the game as the white text STUCK pops up when you stick someone but no points or medal is awarded (like I give two craps about points in this case though). This should be an independant medal of the plasma kill.

Where is Assault/One Bomb and One Flag CTF? Some of the most quinesstential and popular objective gametypes in Halo. Ragnarok was made for an assault gametype, it was some of the best games on that map for me personally.

The reason I have made this post, rather then complaining these features aren't here is rather ask: why?

What possible reason could the same people who worked in bungie on Halo 1 2 and 3 have to exclude our favorite gametypes? Why are these medals not in the game any more? I know this seems like nitpicking, but where I'm coming from on this is why not? What would adding these features take away and not improve? I'm not angry that they are omitted but just curious and confused. Why is there a lack of a UNSC flying vehicle like the Hornet or Falcon in multiplayer and campaign, much less the lack of Scarabs in campaign...the list goes on.

Exterminations don't mean anything because of the stupid instant respawn system.

Sticks don't mean anything because everyone spawns with stickies and they are much more magnetic.

The game types will probably be included as part of the future DLC map packs.

because Halo is sick of catering to good players... halo 5. you will get a medal for spawning. starting the game, ending the game.

I've noticed this as well. You get a medal for practically anything in this game. You get a medal for just killing someone no matter how you do it. The most medals I've gotten in one game is 86 I think. In Halo 3 or Reach there's no way I would be able to get this many medals in one single game. Next thing we'll see is getting a medal for every 15 second you're alive.

• Like 2

Um... There is an extermination medal... YouTube it. Lol.

True. Can someone tell me how killing someone with OSK power weapons is deserving of a medal? Sword Kill? Rocket Kill? Binary Rifle Kill? Seriously, why?

Makes people feel good when they get a kill with a power weapons. Designed as something to keep the action going. They don't want it to be all MLG so normal players can't get anything out of it.

Not to mention its style and how you play that adds to your score.

They did add some cool medals though. I like the oddball medals. I like hearing it say Ball Hog and Magic Hands lol I also like a medal in Flood called Ancient one, I got that by mistake. But giving out medals for getting kills with any type of power weapon is stupid. They need to bring it back to where you only get the Sniper Kill medal if you get a head shot with it. Shouldn't be Rocket kill medals. Now fuel rod, Rail Gun, and Splaser I can understand because of how little you're able to get these weapons compared to the R. Launcher. Well not the laser but, you only get 4 shots and it's mainly for vehicles.

Um... There is an extermination medal... YouTube it. Lol.

Makes people feel good when they get a kill with a power weapons. Designed as something to keep the action going. They don't want it to be all MLG so normal players can't get anything out of it.

Not to mention its style and how you play that adds to your score.

There isn't an extermination medal.

Also, normal players "felt good" in Halo 2 and 3.

There isn't an extermination medal.

Also, normal players "felt good" in Halo 2 and 3.

That explains why I've seen it myself. Did you even YouTube it or did you just come here to argue? If you can't look it up I can't explain it to you. It just takes a little initiative on your part.

Also there were plenty of awards to be had in previous Halo titles. But that was the past and an entirely new game developer. This is 343i's take on what the game should be. If they want to make a medal for everything you do like jumping, that's their choice. Albeit a little excessive the point is still the same. This is 343i's creative take on how they want multiplayer to be.

And here's a link since you're too dumb to google.

maybe its only a flag medal now? i've killed entire teams alot in slayer and no medal. 343 want to appeal more to everyone with a medal for doing the dumbest things i hate how there doing it but what can you do when the game kinda sold out in the matchmaking department.

It's available in all applicable playlists. Just a lot harder to pull off.

@ Cortar : Also the extermination is in the medal tier discussion pinned to main page FYI.

well on infinity slayer i've gotten 5 overkills. no exeterminations and 2 which i made sure they were all different people. so my mind is blown.

Basically you have to kill all four enemies before the first one respawns. So that the enemy team is all dead at the same time and you were the one to kill them. It's defined as wipe out an enemy team with at least an overkill. Meaning it has to be at the same instance with the entire team dead before one of them respawns.

You'd literally have to kill the entire team in one action, I.E., one sniper round through all their heads, a grenade, rocket, IC round, spartan laser, rail gun, something like that. For slayer anyway.

For flag or non instant respawn games it'd mean you have 6 or 7 seconds total to massacre the entire team.

• Like 2

Basically you have to kill all four enemies before the first one respawns. So that the enemy team is all dead at the same time and you were the one to kill them. It's defined as wipe out an enemy team with at least an overkill. Meaning it has to be at the same instance with the entire team dead before one of them respawns.

You'd literally have to kill the entire team in one action, I.E., one sniper round through all their heads, a grenade, rocket, IC round, spartan laser, rail gun, something like that. For slayer anyway.

For flag or non instant respawn games it'd mean you have 6 or 7 seconds total to massacre the entire team.

Good to know, I guess. Thanks for the explanation. It's basically unchanged from how it was previously, but is nigh impossible to achieve now because of the instant respawns.

Good to know, I guess. Thanks for the explanation. It's basically unchanged from how it was previously, but is nigh impossible to achieve now because of the instant respawns.

Exactly.

Well I shot a rocket at 4 people, in a 4v4 slayer game and no medal.

Then you're not doing it right. Or you missed it. Or it was bugged for that particular kill. I'm not here to debate whether you did it, just merely explaining how to get it.

That explains why I've seen it myself. Did you even YouTube it or did you just come here to argue? If you can't look it up I can't explain it to you. It just takes a little initiative on your part.

Also there were plenty of awards to be had in previous Halo titles. But that was the past and an entirely new game developer. This is 343i's take on what the game should be. If they want to make a medal for everything you do like jumping, that's their choice. Albeit a little excessive the point is still the same. This is 343i's creative take on how they want multiplayer to be.

And here's a link since you're too dumb to google.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXeW3Kh3inE

Then either its only possible in CTF or since this video was made before the game was released they removed it, because I and several people I know have killed the entire enemy team at once with rockets/IC in Slayer and yet no medal.

Also I am reporting you for that personal insult.

I'm amazed at some of the things that pepole find to complain about. Does the medal system really have any bearing what so ever on the performance of playing? Yes, I'm aware that matchmaking has its issues lol

People complain about things they want improved. The medal system in previous Haloes was decent, now they made it much more worse for no reason.

Then either its only possible in CTF or since this video was made before the game was released they removed it, because I and several people I know have killed the entire enemy team at once with rockets/IC in Slayer and yet no medal.

Also I am reporting you for that personal insult.

People complain about things they want improved. The medal system in previous Haloes was decent, now they made it much more worse for no reason.

IDC what you do guy. I really don't care. If you don't get it that's not a personal attack on you, that's my confirmation that you can't rationalize facts when they are painted before you. I assure you they are still there. Also you and your friends are doing it wrong then. I showed you proof but you'll argue with anything I say so this is just me pointing it out to the rest of the forums how mindless and addicted you are to arguing even when evidence is right in front of you.

So go ahead, whine to big brother. I could care less. I made my point. Maybe you could check yourself and think about what it is I'm saying instead of mindlessly dismissing facts.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDMQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHxwDeBC55jQ&ei=5h3lUKndBqKc2AWCiIGwAQ&usg=AFQjCNELY4iCCdVLOSR3W1tSuEvrbwxilw

Here's another link to why you're wrong. Dead wrong. You mad bro? Because you're certainly wrong bro.