Spoiler Warning!!! If you had beat Halo 4, please read!

Jamie Parker

Halo 4....what up with the ending? Did you like it? or hate it? For me I did not like it. See Cortana and the Master Chief is one. And when you break them up its like....WHAT!!!!! You cannot replace Cortana. And you cannot give the Master Chief a new A.I. Its wrong on so many levels. Plus you can not give us a NEW Master Chief, that would but wrong on so any levels too. Please when you make Halo 5. Have Master Chief go after her, and bring her back. Master Chief gave his word to her and us the fans. SO do right by us and lets go get our A.I. Cortana Back!!!!

My biggest problem with the ending was how weak and unsatisfying that final boss battle was. An opponent as powerful and dominate as the Didact should not be offed with a simple easy quick time event. He could have posed a serious challenge in battle for the Chief and it would have been an epic fight. But alas, it was not meant to be. (Maybe in Halo 5)

I'm fine with how they left things between Chief and Cortana because I know that Cortana will be returning soon enough. Chief may get some simple replacement AI for the time being but there is obviously no way that 343i would off Cortana for good. While some members of this site may be fine with it because of it's storytelling value the vast majority of Halo fans would be utterly pissed off by such a move.

So you shouldn't be very worried about the future of the franchise yet. If 343i has learned anything from Bungie's legacy they may even leave Spartan Ops and Internet riddles and puzzles detailing her survival a couple years before Halo 5 release. xD

Honestly, I was lost throughout the whole thing. I couldn't follow the story at all, possibly because I'm not familiar with the part of the EU that it stems from. I've only read the first five novels (The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx, and Contact Harvest). Likewise, I don't understand how Halsey escaped the world that she was trapped in at the end of GoO.

As far as the death of Cortana goes, I embrace the idea of adding more emotional depth to the game. Cortana's been with us for the whole ride and losing her now is very upsetting, but it was a great step forward for the series. I hope they don't just go "nope, nevermind, she's back" for Halo 5. That would be incredibly dissapointing and completely ruin the effect of 4's ending.

I can't imagine Halo without Cortana though, so I'm very curious as to how they plan to do two more games without her.

I didn't get anything of it. Game had the same stupid story as the rest. When will writers learn the old "Star Wars" story isn't going to work any more? We had 567 alterations. Not even modern day 12yr olds dig that simple **** any more.

The Spartan Ops story is ten times better. They should build a story on the cons of Dr Halseys spartan program. A story on side effects and tragedy of the dehumanization of the spartan kids for instance. Less Star Wars, more personal things.