So I had an idea...

LiQuid BioniX

Hey members of the 343 Community Forums! I was listening to a couple of podcasts today, and I got to thinking... why don't we do our own podcast?

All I'm imagining is maybe an hour of five or six of us (having a couple of people rotating every time we do one) talking over Skype about what games we've been playing and different updates/news/stories pertaining to Halo 4 and the 343 Community Forums. I don't know what you guys think about it, or if anyone would actually listen to it.

Leave me some feedback here!

EDIT: So if you'd be interested in doing this, PM me and I'll compile a list of users. I want myself and 1-2 others to be on every time to do the hosting and then we have a rotating list of cast members. I'd expect a fair amount of dedication (i.e. not missing podcasts, working on topics etc) from the other host(s) so just let me know what you think!

• Like 4

While i cant go on Xbox Live, i sure as hell can be involved with this...Lemme know if this ever gets off the ground cause id be glad to attend ^_^

Just a warning, my connection can be a little bit annoying sometimes, however its been ok lately ^_^

Lemme know if you need my Skype name ^_^

I would totally be up for it. I'd totally like to be in one too XD But there are a couple of things that we have to figure out before we do this

Conference call hoster

Connectivity (If you have a crappy connection all together it ain't going to sound good

Good quality microphones (Need a good microphone or else it would just be a pain to listen)

The person who records (I can if you need me)

Oh and the downfall of everyone. Stay on topic. Staying on topic is important for these types of podcasts. No immediate subject changers, you'll need a nice bridge into another topic.

I would totally be up for it. I'd totally like to be in one too XD But there are a couple of things that we have to figure out before we do this

Conference call hoster

Connectivity (If you have a crappy connection all together it ain't going to sound good

Good quality microphones (Need a good microphone or else it would just be a pain to listen)

The person who records (I can if you need me)

Oh and the downfall of everyone. Stay on topic. Staying on topic is important for these types of podcasts. No immediate subject changers, you'll need a nice bridge into another topic.

I agree with all of that!

Basically how I'm thinking it would work (unless you've got a better idea for it) is everyone gets Audacity. It's free and really easy. Everyone is on Skype, and someone counts of "three-two-one-record" and everyone hits record. Then the same person says "three-two-one-clap" and on command everyone claps. That way it's easy to correctly sync up each individual audio track and compile them into one file. I've asked a couple of people and they both do it this way and say that it works pretty well.

I've got a pair of Turtle Beaches for microphones so they work pretty well on the computer. My connectivity is solid. What I'm suggesting as far as the Audacity thing goes could be a pain, so I don't know if you have better software for that or not. I also rarely use Audacity and it'd be tough for me to be able to effectively edit the audio.

If this actually takes off, I'd like myself and maybe one or two more regular members to "host" it and then have a rotating cast of guests. They can be the same for a while, it really doesn't matter, but I'd like them to switch so the community can get to know everyone a bit better!

Send me a PM ASAP if a few of you could get on Skype with me at some point in the near future to do a test run, just thirty seconds of conversation and recording so we can get an idea of how to actually go about recording and editing (unless Minuette is better at the editing and/or has better software).

I agree with all of that!

Basically how I'm thinking it would work (unless you've got a better idea for it) is everyone gets Audacity. It's free and really easy. Everyone is on Skype, and someone counts of "three-two-one-record" and everyone hits record. Then the same person says "three-two-one-clap" and on command everyone claps. That way it's easy to correctly sync up each individual audio track and compile them into one file. I've asked a couple of people and they both do it this way and say that it works pretty well.

I've got a pair of Turtle Beaches for microphones so they work pretty well on the computer. My connectivity is solid. What I'm suggesting as far as the Audacity thing goes could be a pain, so I don't know if you have better software for that or not. I also rarely use Audacity and it'd be tough for me to be able to effectively edit the audio.

If this actually takes off, I'd like myself and maybe one or two more regular members to "host" it and then have a rotating cast of guests. They can be the same for a while, it really doesn't matter, but I'd like them to switch so the community can get to know everyone a bit better!

You're making this way harder than it sounds. Basically I take my Fraps recorder and record the conversation. I've done it many times. Then I mute the video (not the audio) and add something over it. Easy as pie

The connection just has to be fast/medium. If it's slow then no XD

(I can record the podcasts, it doesn't require me to talk only when i say it's recording)

Oh and you're find with those microphones just not the cheap ones that sound like you're an AI. I use a Blue Yeti microphone

You're making this way harder than it sounds. Basically I take my Fraps recorder and record the conversation. I've done it many times. Then I mute the video (not the audio) and add something over it. Easy as pie

The connection just has to be fast/medium. If it's slow then no XD

(I can record the podcasts, it doesn't require me to talk only when i say it's recording)

Oh and you're find with those microphones just not the cheap ones that sound like you're an AI. I use a Blue Yeti microphone

Haha sounds awesome! I didn't even think about doing Fraps. So you'd be in for doing the recording I take it?

Haha sounds awesome! I didn't even think about doing Fraps. So you'd be in for doing the recording I take it?

Yeah. I made a test, I'll have it up in a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Sp1R22KEc&feature=youtu.be

Details of the test/ things

I changed the settings around so it wouldn't record my voice through fraps (I wont talk in the podcasts only when my name is drawn)

When I use fraps to record my voice it plugs it from Skype so I'll be the only one using audacity...........

I'll have to fullscreen the skype conference and not click out of it. That is what is causing the clips to split and start a whole new one

That's about it. Everything is going great. Sykowolf either needs a better mic or it was the connection (I did have like 3 things uploading at that time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd9-ATW6Z-c&feature=youtu.be

That is the final product. Just need syko to eliminate the background noise

Also, let's be clear here. This was a spur of the moment, "Hey, let's do a quick test" thing. We didn't have great connection OR any microphones, so the quality will be better when the actual podcast comes out.

• Like 1