Will boltshot and DMR be nerfed in January update?

AfricanBatman

When it blooms you have spread. What i mean is, not every shot goes directly in the center when bloomed okay? Do you get what I'm saying now?

P.S Have you seen the vid yet? Or are you too lazy to look it up or look at it?

No. I have not spent the time of my day to look at a video when I see this in game every day.

If the reticule is red, bloom does not matter. Very simple.

No. I have not spent the time of my day to look at a video when I see this in game every day.

If the reticule is red, bloom does not matter. Very simple.

Dude its a 6 minute video, I think you have the time for it. You're correct, however, the BR's sights never go red at a long distance, and you have to aim at the person in order for it to be red. As for Syko Wolf, this is simply not true. The carbine is the hardest to use, you must spam trigger, aim, move , and jump to use it effectively. Honestly, I'm not sure about the DMR being easier or harder than the BR, they both require good skill. The DMR may have less aim assist (again I'm not sure about the aim assist on the weapons) but the BR is 3 round burst yes? And 3 bullets = a DMR bullet yes? That being said, the fact that you have to hit all three bullets to = a DMR bullet calls for perhaps a slight aim assist advantage if any at all. Again don't hold me on the aim assist of the weapons, but I can surely say the Carbine takes more skill to use than the DMR. But, Syko Wolf, I do applaud you for the attempt to argue at a reasonable angle, most just throw a personal pot shot at me and hope it covers up their lack of argument.

Meh, I use BR out of a long-standing preference since halo 2; I get killed more by power weapons and auto weapons than the two the OP is whining about . The Boltshot range is far too small- hence I have never been killed by or got a kill with it.(the overcharge) and same for normal. I get killed by DMR as often as BR, I sometimes win, I sometimes don't. I wish BR had longer range though.

Side note: two auto weapons and a carbine? No wonder the OP gets owned. Hey, OP, if you read this, try using a headshot weapon; you will find that you don't get killed before you enter a range to kill them.

Meh, I use BR out of a long-standing preference since halo 2; I get killed more by power weapons and auto weapons than the two the OP is whining about . The Boltshot range is far too small- hence I have never been killed by or got a kill with it.(the overcharge) and same for normal. I get killed by DMR as often as BR, I sometimes win, I sometimes don't. I wish BR had longer range though.

Side note: two auto weapons and a carbine? No wonder the OP gets owned. Hey, OP, if you read this, try using a headshot weapon; you will find that you don't get killed before you enter a range to kill them.

Hey man, the Carbine is legit!

Dude its a 6 minute video, I think you have the time for it. You're correct, however, the BR's sights never go red at a long distance, and you have to aim at the person in order for it to be red. As for Syko Wolf, this is simply not true. The carbine is the hardest to use, you must spam trigger, aim, move , and jump to use it effectively. Honestly, I'm not sure about the DMR being easier or harder than the BR, they both require good skill. The DMR may have less aim assist (again I'm not sure about the aim assist on the weapons) but the BR is 3 round burst yes? And 3 bullets = a DMR bullet yes? That being said, the fact that you have to hit all three bullets to = a DMR bullet calls for perhaps a slight aim assist advantage if any at all. Again don't hold me on the aim assist of the weapons, but I can surely say the Carbine takes more skill to use than the DMR. But, Syko Wolf, I do applaud you for the attempt to argue at a reasonable angle, most just throw a personal pot shot at me and hope it covers up their lack of argument.

Thanks.

That's right. The br is a medium range weapon. It's not going to go red at a long range. Yes you do have to aim a weapon at a player for you to hit them. I'm glad we have this aspect of game mechanics down, and understood.

DMR has the logest range aim assist in the game.

LOL I love how you highlight what makes the DMR sound balanced. You have a point, but that isn't enough compensation for its faster kill rate and its effeciency at a long distance. And highlight this , we have to land the whole burst while you have to land 1 bullet. Have you watched the vid yet? XD

I used to be in the, "screw the BR, the DMR is superior in every way" camp. However, after changing all my loadouts to BR's I have to say I have been performing better with the BR than I ever was with the DMR. Don't misquote me, I am not saying it is the better gun. I just try not to stay too far out of range from my targets so I don't get murdered by DMRs and I don't get too close to anyone for fear of being bum rushed with an AR/BS. The Battle Rifle is a totally viable gun to use in multiplayer. It may be slightly less powerful than the DMR but if you play it right it can be a goood tool.

I used to be in the, "screw the BR, the DMR is superior in every way" camp. However, after changing all my loadouts to BR's I have to say I have been performing better with the BR than I ever was with the DMR. Don't misquote me, I am not saying it is the better gun. I just try not to stay too far out of range from my targets so I don't get murdered by DMRs and I don't get too close to anyone for fear of being bum rushed with an AR/BS. The Battle Rifle is a totally viable gun to use in multiplayer. It may be slightly less powerful than the DMR but if you play it right it can be a goood tool.

I'm not saying the BR isn't viable, I'm saying that its a cripple to use because of the power of the DMR. Just because its possible to do good with the BR doesn't erase the DMR's clear advantages. A famous player ( I forgot who) said,"I would rather have wood than a weapon." The logic behind this is he must play smarter with wood, and perhaps even do better with wood since he's thinking. But, I want the BR to be a tool for getting up close to DMR's and Lightrifles and beat them with an advantage that it should have. Before Halo 4 came out, I remember 343 saying the DMR was meant for long range, and the BR was meant for mid range. They got it half right, The BR and the Carbine are for mid ranges, but the DMR is now for all ranges, and it has more power. The problem with the DMR having

slightly more power. Is the fact the DMR was meant to be the counter part of the light rifle. Now, its the counter part to all guns which is unfair. The Carbine and BR need buffs so that the DMR has its fair place in the game, and that it can rock the Carbine and the BR at long ranges, but be rocked by the Carbine and BR at mid ranges. If you notice, this is what is happening with the lighrifle right now. The lighrifle is awful at close range, and you have to be extremely skilled to get a 5-shot with it. At long range,however, it beats everything except the DMR, and then the DMR, its counter part, wins hands down at close range.

If there is a problem, if any at all, then why not fix it? O yah, and if this patch that happens angers you Syko Wolf, I suggest you ADAPT!