Is Halo Wars any good?

Barack Obama

Well, I've never played it before and it is the only Halo I do not own.

The reasons I didn't buy it are...

1. I've never really liked RTS games.

2.When I was going to buy it someone shouted, "That game is *instert bad word beginning with s here*"

3. It's never really grabbed my attention.

So, my question is, is it a good game? If you can please state the pros and cons (I think that's what it's called...) of the game. Be honest with your opinion, thank you.

If you're not an RTS fan then I don't recommend buying Halo Wars. It's not a stellar RTS game to say the least.

Well, I've never really given it a shot. I played World of Warcraft on my brothers computer before p but I was younger and didn't care for video games that much so I don't know if I'd like them or not.

As an RTS game it's fun, but it's definitely worth the price if your a Halo fan. I'd say pick it up and give it a whirl.

I might just do that, considering I can get a pre-owned one for just £7 and if I don't like I can sell it or something.

• Like 1

Maybe just give it a go solely for the story. Though I recommend taking a dive with Starcraft 2 if you really want to give RTS games a proper taste.

From what I can tell, this is a PC game. So my computer can't run it and my laptop isn't very powerful when it comes to games.

I am a big RTS fan. I can say that in my opinion Halo Wars is arguably the best RTS on a console. However that doesnt mean much as RTS games on consoles are not all that good to begin with. The controls are very limited when compaired to a PC RTS. It is very sluggish to me.

I prefer not to have any console RTS games period as they just cant match the depth a PC can give an RTS in terms of control.

Also for me the story was unbarable. I couldnt stand it. The acting was poor to me and the cutscenes were just aweful to me. The missions were uninteresting. I actually had to stop playing it because I found its gameplay to be so bad. I have yet to make it through its campaign and currently I am forcing myself to go through it one mission at a time. It is painful for me to be honest to try and do this.

Keep in mind this is my opinion and nothing more. If you are interested in a game you should pick it up and play it for yourself. Dont let reviews or anybody else tell you what is a good game and what isnt. Decide for yourself.

• Like 1

If you don't like RTS games, don't buy this game.But if you want you can download the demo to try the game.Maybe you will like it :)

Didn't know there was a demo, defiantly doing that.

I am a big RTS fan. I can say that in my opinion Halo Wars is arguably the best RTS on a console. However that doesnt mean much as RTS games on consoles are not all that good to begin with. The controls are very limited when compaired to a PC RTS. It is very sluggish to me.

I prefer not to have any console RTS games period as they just cant match the depth a PC can give an RTS in terms of control.

Also for me the story was unbarable. I couldnt stand it. The acting was poor to me and the cutscenes were just aweful to me. The missions were uninteresting. I actually had to stop playing it because I found its gameplay to be so bad. I have yet to make it through its campaign and currently I am forcing myself to go through it one mission at a time. It is painful for me to be honest to try and do this.

Keep in mind this is my opinion and nothing more. If you are interested in a game you should pick it up and play it for yourself. Dont let reviews or anybody else tell you what is a good game and what isnt. Decide for yourself.

Well, that's not exactly what I was expecting and I'm going to get the demo and like you said, decide for my self.

Thanks everyone that posted as well!

Here are my thoughts on Halo 4.

Plot = Stupid

Campaign = Decent, but could be improved upon

Multiplayer = Really confusing, never played it much.

I wouldn't advise playing it if you're interested in the Halo storyline, as it directly contradicts what was established earlier on (it shows the UNSC encountering Elites in 2531, for instance, when they didn't actually see them directly until the Fall of Reach, and encountering the Flood 20 years before the Battle of Installation 04).

Personally I think it is very good the campaign is good and its Canon.

Nope. The campaign may be good, but it's not canon.

• 2 weeks later...