Campaign opinion

Jerry

PLAY THROUGH CAMPAIGN BEFORE READING, MIGHT SPOIL!

Allright, the game have been out for a few months and i have played trough the campaign a few times. First time I played it it was the best I had ever seen, all the graphics and so on. But the second time I played trough the campaign I thouhgt I should listen to the story more carefully and observe the beauty of the game more than the first time.

I was still impressed but...

when the forerunners were introduced to the game, they just came, you shot them and you realised they were bad. If I may compare this with Halo CE and the introducrion to the flood, it was a whole mission just for the introduction of a new enemy and all you could think of is wtf is happening? I think halo 4 kind of missed that.

and another thing, the covenant became suddenly allies with the forerunners, to me it was a bit sudden, it kinda missed an intro too... or something

Most of the trailers was about something ancient evil and you couldn't wait to find out what that was. After playing you have probably found out it was Didact. And you might have figured out that you have to fight him at some point, because that is basically what the story of halo 4 is about. And finally you are going through the last mission and are going to kill didact, all you have to do is to plant a nade in him by pressing a button, and so you have defeated the most feared, evil thing in the universe. To be honest I was expecting it to be a little harder to kill him, like a final boss in a 90s game. Even 343 guilty spark was harder to kill and he was just a monitor.

Last but not least, Cortana. She is an AI, so I was just wondering, how can an AI protect cheif from a Atom bomb from the 2600-century? It was just a bit too much from an AI if you ask me...

btw. wasn't master cheif supposed to be captured?

please don't get me wrong I loved the story and all, I don't mean this too be aggressive though it may sound like it. I just want your opinion about what i think :)

The only major part that I disagree with is the part how you say it's hard to believe that he survived from the atom bomb. I disagree with this because we have no idea how strong that lightwalk thing is and it is hard to determine that something is hard to believe when we don't even have the resources to prove it right or wrong.

The campaign was pretty fun, shorter than I expected, and not terribly difficult, even on legendary. The disposition of the Didact confuses me because if he is Bornstellar (not saying this most recent Didact is, but I have no reason to believe otherwise at this point), why does he despise humanity so? After all the work he did with humans? I suppose the 343i writers aren't following deep Halo fiction awfully deep (which they do not have to), so I guess it's safe to assume that "Forerunner = Bad" in all circumstances when it comes to the game. And it would have been nice to see the Librarian, such an important figure in Halo lore, play a larger part in the game. Nevertheless, still fun, but I like past titles a little better.

The campaign was pretty fun, shorter than I expected, and not terribly difficult, even on legendary. The disposition of the Didact confuses me because if he is Bornstellar (not saying this most recent Didact is, but I have no reason to believe otherwise at this point), why does he despise humanity so? After all the work he did with humans? I suppose the 343i writers aren't following deep Halo fiction awfully deep (which is fine) so I guess it's safe to assume that Forerunner = Bad in all circumstances when it comes to the game. And it would have been nice to see the Librarian, such an important figure in Halo lore, play a larger part in the game. Nevertheless, still fun, but I like past titles a little better.

He isn't Bornstellar. He is Ur. At this time we have no idea what happened to Bornstellar except:

1) He fired the Halo array at the end of the Forerunner/Flood war.

2) We will learn his fate in Halo Silentium.

However, it was confirmed that the Didact in H4 was the original, and his actual name is/was "Ur".

The only major part that I disagree with is the part how you say it's hard to believe that he survived from the atom bomb. I disagree with this because we have no idea how strong that lightwalk thing is and it is hard to determine that something is hard to believe when we don't even have the resources to prove it right or wrong.

I do agree with you that the light bridge may be very strong, but I meant that Cortana could control it so good was a bit over my head and understanding, she may be very hi-tec and smart but to rise up from a bridge and holding Didact immobile and then forming the bridge to a cube even though the powersource of the bridge is destroyed... I don't know it just seemed a bit unrealistic to me...even for a super AI.

He isn't Bornstellar. He is Ur. At this time we have no idea what happened to Bornstellar except:

1) He fired the Halo array at the end of the Forerunner/Flood war.

2) We will learn his fate in Halo Silentium.

However, it was confirmed that the Didact in H4 was the original, and his actual name is/was "Ur".

Did the Master Builder not kill Ur at the end of Cryptum? The events of Primordium lead me to believe so.

Did the Master Builder not kill Ur at the end of Cryptum? The events of Primordium lead me to believe so.

Which is exactly what I thought too. However I read this:

http://www.halopedia...Halo:_Silentium

It appears he was simply abandoned by the Master Builder.

I found this quote most interesting:

"But the roots of the Flood may be found in an act of enormous barbarity, carried out beyond our galaxy ten million years before...

Because of that barbarism, a greater evil looms. Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian -- husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict -- hold the keys to a solution.

Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time — to prevent an insane evil from dominating the entire universe"

I assume this "act of barbarity" that took place ten million years prior is the Forerunner Empire crushing the Precursors which led to their own weapon of last resort (much like the Halos) in the form of the Flood.

Now the "greatest atrocity of all time" is going to obviously be why the Ur Didact was imprisoned due to his conscription of Humanity by way of the Composer.

This is all speculation on my part but I feel confident about it.

Agreed.

Which is exactly what I thought too. However I read this:

http://www.halopedia...Halo:_Silentium

It appears he was simply abandoned by the Master Builder.

I found this quote most interesting:

"But the roots of the Flood may be found in an act of enormous barbarity, carried out beyond our galaxy ten million years before...

Because of that barbarism, a greater evil looms. Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian -- husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict -- hold the keys to a solution.

Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time — to prevent an insane evil from dominating the entire universe"

I assume this "act of barbarity" that took place ten million years prior is the Forerunner Empire crushing the Precursors which led to their own weapon of last resort (much like the Halos) in the form of the Flood.

Now the "greatest atrocity of all time" is going to obviously be why the Ur Didact was imprisoned due to his conscription of Humanity by way of the Composer.

This is all speculation on my part but I feel confident about it.

Interesting, I guess we'll see when Bear releases more novels