Curse of the broken hard drive - Regrets

Iɴsɪɢɴɪᴀ

If it is hardrive related, I would be happy to asist you. If you can get Teamviewer to work, I can remotely diagnose the issues and probably offer alternative fixes at far less than half these 3rd or 1st party repair companies. Let me know man

Well so far I have stripped the OS right back from the hybrid glory I was running and removed all third party stuff leaving it as standard Windows 7 home premium.

I then ran a virus check to see if there was anything messing it up and came up clean, after about 6 tries trying to get the virus check to actually start up.

Then I used CMD and ran a cfr /scannow in administrator mode: came up clean.

Even restored it to an earlier point in time, still has issues.

Just went to Acers site and downloaded the hard drive diagnostics kit and have it running on extended test as the quick test came up as a pass.

Will let you know how it goes.

Now that I have removed the Hybrid OS and all theming files, I will most likely just buy a new HDD when I have the cash. If I need your help though I'll message you or something, thanks :D

Sounds like you may have a registry problem or a nasty rootkit. If its anrootkit, system restore wont help, and most avs dont catch them. I use only Spybot and Avast! And never ojce ran into an issue. i also quad boot winxp, win 7, win 8 and Linux U.

I also recommend getting an external hdd. Its quite cheap as you can find ide type hdds on ebay for real.cheap. enclosures are not usually more than $20