Problems Loading Forged Maps

Hutchanaut

I couldn't find any info on XBL Support o Waypoint. Forum search here turned up nothing...

I'm using Halo4 on a 360 Slim. Three out of four custom/Forge games (or so) crash out to the H4 title screen when trying to load. The main loading screen flashes for a second, followed by a black screen, which is replaced by the big H4 title logo after a few seconds. Sometimes it will crash out two or three times before letting me successfully load a map. I do a lot in Forge and I play customs with friends so this has been a real headache, having to essentially leave the group each time we play customs.

I've tried re-installing the disc, and I've even tried installing it on a thumb drive and running it from there. The problem persists. I can play campaign, matchmaking, and Spartan Ops just fine - it's only with Forged maps.

I wasn't planning on buying a 360 hdd just for this game. Any advice on how to get the game working correctly with my existing setup? I've tried the internal 4gb flash and a formatted 32gb thumb drive...

I'm starting a H4 league in a couple of weeks and I won't be able to participate if more than half my custom matches fail to load. Please help!

Is it possible there is a scratch on your play disc? I have known loads of people who couldn't load specific maps due to a scratch on the disc.

If not it could be your XboX. Im no expert. I run a league myself and, I understand how a problem like this could totally ruin it for you. Hopefully someone here can help more.... Anyone?

Duct tape didn't work. And then when I pulled it off, the reflective layer of my game disc came off and now the game is ruined!!!! THANKS JERK!!

J/K :laughing: I confirmed the disc is pristine but gave it a once-over with disc cleaner & shammy cloth, to no avail. I may just break down and buy the hard drive anyway... I could try installing H4 on it. I would just be extremely upset if it still crashed afterward.

Duct tape didn't work. And then when I pulled it off, the reflective layer of my game disc came off and now the game is ruined!!!! THANKS JERK!!

J/K :laughing: I confirmed the disc is pristine but gave it a once-over with disc cleaner & shammy cloth, to no avail. I may just break down and buy the hard drive anyway... I could try installing H4 on it. I would just be extremely upset if it still crashed afterward.

Good luck, hope it works out soon.

Just try installing someone else's disc, then playing yours

Thank you for the excellent suggestions. I also tried clearing the system cache but it didn't help. What finally worked was buying a Slim hdd and running the game from it with my original disc installed. The MS scheme to make me buy a hdd I absolutely shouldn't need has succeeded. Joy.