Game is NOT optimized for spit screen play.

Chris Hansen

I have always played halo with my friends over the years it is our tradition, our ritual. Since Halo 1 2 and 3 on split screen, with no problems when they come over for the holidays. I loaded up halo 4 expecting the same spit screen viability that the other games offered.

It's not like this on every map, but on larger maps, and most specificly the DLC maps, the framerate in split screen drops dramaticly, this can range from slightly annoying to downright unplayable, where you can almost COUNT the frames moving. (this extreme case only happens on shatter) but the lesser lag occurs on all larger maps and even on some medium sized ones (going to the central structure in Exile causes retarded lag.)

It's a shame too because the game feels really good in split screen. I think that there should be an optimization patch or something that smooths out the framerate in these maps, because on certain maps like Shatter competitiveness is absolutely impossible.

Anyway, this is something that is straight up wrong with the game/unpolished, and needs to be adressed when I feel like the issue is very silent.

I miss H2 the most. Gave you the option of split screen top/bottom or side by side. I ALWAYS chose side by side. Seems as though you maintain better depth. As far as the framerate issue goes, they're too dang busy making the maps purty as opposed to concentrating on proper spawns, symmetry and general playability of the maps, equal distance from the map weapons .....

I'm trying to be nice but you can tell that 343 is not about gaming but about the game being pretty. Given the two options, I'd go with more playability and less graphics.

Like 75% of my online games are played with my friends on splitscreen. I try not to do BTB for this precise reason as many maps become unplayable.

Anyone else notice the same issue for splitscreen on forge maps? I was doing a 1v1 with a friend on splitsscreen on this Guadian remake I downloaded and the framrate SUCKED! I even tried a different version by someone else on a different template map and I had the same issue.

Yeah, the problem is not noticeable or just doesn't exist on small maps, but once you get to maps the size of complex and bigger it turns into an unplayable mess.

I'm back playing solo screen as my friends are all gone for the holidays being over, but this issue remains for other people who regularly play spit screen online like me and my friends used to in all the halos to date.