DMR to be in Halo 5?

ForgeMonitor

I think the Designated Marksman Rifle is a redundant, unimaginative weapon that destroys map movement and player creativity. Its semiautomatic feel can easily be replaced with the more balanced Halo CE Pistol, and its sizable clip is closely matched by that of the Battle Rifle. What do you think?

I would like the DMR to go away and never return. It's just like having a sniper rifle just not as powerful. It's turns Big Team Slayer into a giant DMR campfest and like you said ruins player creativity and map movement. It's why I stopped playing Big Team games because all players do it sit back and long range DMR people. And there's barely any weapon diversity in this game. If it's not the DMR, Bolt Shot, or a power weapon barely anybody uses it or picks it up. Can't count how many times people pass up the Needler, Rail Gun, and Sticky Detonator. It's quite sad. The DMR being OP has all but eliminated the point of the Carbine returning. I got it into the Master tier of the commendation but, put it down because of it's inability to keep up with the DMR at both close and mid range.

@PlexVanguard if two players have perfect shots with the BR and DMR, the DMR will always win. The DMR has better range, barely any bloom, ridiculous aim assist, a faster kill time, a higher kill-to-clip ratio, and better shot registration. If it has to return in Halo 5, then it must at least fire slower.