A game set in the insurrection

BaconShelf

I would like to see a spin off title set in the days of the insurrection, you could play as a marine throughout OPERATION:TREBUCHET and on one mission, are posted for first contact, AKA. The start of the human-covenant war against the brutes. This means we get to experience how fighting was like on the front lines(something that hasn't really been done in the games, just side missions of blow this up, sneak around) I'm talking full on battles.

I know people wont like the idea that humans are enemies and playing as a marine is too cod like but the Rebels haven't really been touched upon much in the lore compared to other things, and definitely not in a game.

i dont know bout everyone else but its a good idea but maybe not first contact cause that was on harvest and really it was only 2 actual mariens, Johnson and Byrne and the rest were just a militia being trained to defend the planet from the innies but maybe a game based just before first contact and then continues through the years of the war following 1 squad, anyone agree?

I reckon that is a brilliant idea. Not so much related to halo 5 but I think people need to see why the spartans were created in the first place. The Innies have only really been portrayed in the books and a little in Forward unto Dawn. Maybe an ODST style spin off? like Halo 5 ODST where the first parts take place in the time of insurrection and lead through the wars showing what happened to the innies at the time of Halo 5. Maybe some plot with the Storm covenant, or worse...? Dunno but i think showing the Innies is a definate must. Its too bad the prequels have all been made and everythings moving forward. That kinda leaves them as an important universe plot point, but not in the games

There wasn't a halo general discussionthread and this was a future game(possibly). Anyway, I meant first contact between brutes and humans in harvest, before it goes bad and they start fighting.

We could get to see a return of our favourite Sgt Johnson!

There wasn't a halo general discussionthread and this was a future game(possibly). Anyway, I meant first contact between brutes and humans in harvest, before it goes bad and they start fighting.

At the first contact it all went to hell straight away the brutes pre much went down acting peaceful but were just after the human AI's (oracles) and Fourrunner "artifacts" i mean that would have killed the entire militia if a grunt didnt give them away