A few things I thought about for Halo 5...

Ryu♥Hayabusa

I was thinking about some of the things in Halo 4 that seemed a bit out of place and some things that could be done that would make classic and modern players both happy.

First off is:

Why not bring back equipment alongside the AA's? AA's serve a tactical purpose for the player. Equipment always helped the player in a more direct way. It actually affected other players in a good way. Why not bring them back, but keep them out of loadouts? Power Drain, Flare, Radar Jammer, etc all would be great ordnance options instead of powerups that half the team can all get. Or if not in ordnance, put them on the map.

Second:

Why not bring in a real classic playlist? Slayer Pro sucks. I'm sorry, but we'd like to have a Halo 3 style classic playlist, not swat with shields. It made me mad when they said we'd get a classic playlist but they just throw a gametype in with no motion tracker. Classic has Motion tracker. Classic also has AR/Pistol loadouts and an alternate gametype for BRs. Keep in the Infinity Slayer, but include an alternate Team Slayer for a bit of classic fun.

Third:

I understand you want to decrease boosting. 343, I love you, but I am tired of hearing people complain that they have to sign in to waypoint to see their skill. I think if your internet is fast enough to play online, you should have no problem taking 3 seconds to click the bookmark but many folks like to see it right then and there. Just plop it in the player card so they'll shut up. I enjoyed the aspect, and I can live without it, but I can't live without it with all the complaining. Just plop it in game. Screw boosting. Monitor your game a little more or something, just quiet the crowd. Make sure to keep the progression system, though. That makes it fair for all.

Fourth:

I know that Halo 4 looks pretty good in general. What gets on my nerves is that if I look at a Hog within ten feet, the textures are noticeably bad. What makes it worse is that over that, I can see high-res scratches all over it. Why are the scratches so detailed when the whole thing isn't? And don't get me started on Ragnarok as an example. The towers are so High res, I can fully zoom on the floor with a sniper and it's still detailed. I go to the sand and, without zooming, I can see blur. Halo 3's sand looked better. I even checked. It is about twice as detailed. The models in this game are incredible but the textures are mostly just blurry. Hopefully Halo 5 does not have this...

Fifth:

Bring back some of the Halo 3 soundtrack. They did great with the credits. Why not bring more back and include it in the game alongside their new music? I get chills when I watch the credits. They almost disappear when 343's music comes in. I like the new soundtrack, but I want some of my familiar Halo noise.

Sixth:

I think packages should not affect shield recharge and crap like that. I think packages should only give extra perks like requisition or gunner. Things that barely affect the game. Shielding seems like something that would be standard as soon as it is developed. Resupply is a good idea, but it paved the path for choosing your 'nade in your loadout.

Seventh and last:

Grenades should not be an option in loadouts. I can't stand to play Infinity Slayer anymore. I have to play Big Team, Dominion, SWAT, or anything else. Infinity Slayer has turned into a playlist where everyone likes to stick you right before they die. I hate it. Everyone hates it. I find myself doing it. It does not work. Put 'nades back on the map. Either through ordnance or directly on the ground. No one worries about the PP and BR combo anymore, they worry about the Plasma Grenade n00bs. A once obscure group, PG n00bs now dominate Infinity Slayer. It's sad.

I love Halo 4. I think 343 did great. It just has a few things done wrong and a few things needing improvement. These seven things are my most common problems and suggestions for Halo 5.

Do you agree? No? Maybe? Discuss.

Thank god you didnt mention Dual Wield....

The soundtrack should stay the same...the reason i say this is that its an entirely new trilogy with a different mood from Halo 3....

I agree with bringing in Equipment, so long as they are still balanced and done right.........

Dont have a thought on the other notes yet.....

I was thinking about some of the things in Halo 4 that seemed a bit out of place and some things that could be done that would make classic and modern players both happy.

First off is:

Why not bring back equipment alongside the AA's? AA's serve a tactical purpose for the player. Equipment always helped the player in a more direct way. It actually affected other players in a good way. Why not bring them back, but keep them out of loadouts? Power Drain, Flare, Radar Jammer, etc all would be great ordnance options instead of powerups that half the team can all get. Or if not in ordnance, put them on the map.

Second:

Why not bring in a real classic playlist? Slayer Pro sucks. I'm sorry, but we'd like to have a Halo 3 style classic playlist, not swat with shields. It made me mad when they said we'd get a classic playlist but they just throw a gametype in with no motion tracker. Classic has Motion tracker. Classic also has AR/Pistol loadouts and an alternate gametype for BRs. Keep in the Infinity Slayer, but include an alternate Team Slayer for a bit of classic fun.

Third:

I understand you want to decrease boosting. 343, I love you, but I am tired of hearing people complain that they have to sign in to waypoint to see their skill. I think if your internet is fast enough to play online, you should have no problem taking 3 seconds to click the bookmark but many folks like to see it right then and there. Just plop it in the player card so they'll shut up. I enjoyed the aspect, and I can live without it, but I can't live without it with all the complaining. Just plop it in game. Screw boosting. Monitor your game a little more or something, just quiet the crowd. Make sure to keep the progression system, though. That makes it fair for all.

Fourth:

I know that Halo 4 looks pretty good in general. What gets on my nerves is that if I look at a Hog within ten feet, the textures are noticeably bad. What makes it worse is that over that, I can see high-res scratches all over it. Why are the scratches so detailed when the whole thing isn't? And don't get me started on Ragnarok as an example. The towers are so High res, I can fully zoom on the floor with a sniper and it's still detailed. I go to the sand and, without zooming, I can see blur. Halo 3's sand looked better. I even checked. It is about twice as detailed. The models in this game are incredible but the textures are mostly just blurry. Hopefully Halo 5 does not have this...

Fifth:

Bring back some of the Halo 3 soundtrack. They did great with the credits. Why not bring more back and include it in the game alongside their new music? I get chills when I watch the credits. They almost disappear when 343's music comes in. I like the new soundtrack, but I want some of my familiar Halo noise.

Sixth:

I think packages should not affect shield recharge and crap like that. I think packages should only give extra perks like requisition or gunner. Things that barely affect the game. Shielding seems like something that would be standard as soon as it is developed. Resupply is a good idea, but it paved the path for choosing your 'nade in your loadout.

Seventh and last:

Grenades should not be an option in loadouts. I can't stand to play Infinity Slayer anymore. I have to play Big Team, Dominion, SWAT, or anything else. Infinity Slayer has turned into a playlist where everyone likes to stick you right before they die. I hate it. Everyone hates it. I find myself doing it. It does not work. Put 'nades back on the map. Either through ordnance or directly on the ground. No one worries about the PP and BR combo anymore, they worry about the Plasma Grenade n00bs. A once obscure group, PG n00bs now dominate Infinity Slayer. It's sad.

I love Halo 4. I think 343 did great. It just has a few things done wrong and a few things needing improvement. These seven things are my most common problems and suggestions for Halo 5.

Do you agree? No? Maybe? Discuss.

I agree with pretty much all of it. Oh, and quoted for mobile users to read, but yes, very good points.