The Flood?

Mouldy Arab

• 2 weeks later...

Well, God did warn that he would make it rain for 40 days and 40 nights. Seriously, the Flood may end up being an integral part of Halo 4 or future games. I know we have those here who seem fond of them, wanting a "Flood Infection" game for the future. I really do not understand how that had not been thought of before, at least as far as I know. The Flood was always the last thing I wanted to come in contact with in the campaigns. They could be so unpredictable and the swarming effect never let you have a chance to stop and breath, once they had gotten onto you. Within the campaign, they brought a sense of dread to the game which amplified the sense of hopelessness. I can remember in Halo 2 dropping into, I believe, a control room through a broken observation window above it and having it take maybe 15-20 minutes to clear the room. You would kill the darn things, then some little legged tick thing would scurry over and infest another corpse. I expect there return in the future.

The Flood. Let's see here... Their modus operandi is simple, lethal, and has caused much grief.

However, upon discovery of weak-points on an infected body, they become relatively easy to defeat.

Scary as anything can be. It creeps me out the way an infected human or sangheilli's neck gets broken, leaving the head to hang useless.

That said, however, from a scientific standpoint I find everything about the Flood fascinating.

The Flood. Let's see here... Their modus operandi is simple, lethal, and has caused much grief.

However, upon discovery of weak-points on an infected body, they become relatively easy to defeat.

Scary as anything can be. It creeps me out the way an infected human or sangheilli's neck gets broken, leaving the head to hang useless.

That said, however, from a scientific standpoint I find everything about the Flood fascinating.

yah they are fascinating just how there way of life is. how intelligent and stupid they are at the same time its just weird but in my opinion, one of the best enemys created.

yah they are fascinating just how there way of life is. how intelligent and stupid they are at the same time its just weird but in my opinion, one of the best enemys created.

Yeah. The hive-mind thing is scary/efficient, and makes me wonder if that sort of telepathic link is possible in other races in the galaxy, or if the wiring for it is unique to The Flood.

I know of at least one other extinct species that communicated telepathically. But they're not around the Haloverse anymore.

I hear that 343i forums are more sophisticated than b.net forums, so i ask you...what is your opinion on the flood?

I came from The Flood. And I gotta say, it's more sophisticated here than on there. But everyone being stupid and sarcastic is what makes up The Flood forum. Without them, it would be boring.

Yeah. The hive-mind thing is scary/efficient, and makes me wonder if that sort of telepathic link is possible in other races in the galaxy, or if the wiring for it is unique to The Flood.

I know of at least one other extinct species that communicated telepathically. But they're not around the Haloverse anymore.

Yes is very efficient as there is no way an enemy can intercept said communication

actuay no, i commented on a post of a flood invasion post and all i posted was "what?" and i got a 14 day ban,not that i care everyone here is far better people.

Yeah, the banning on Bungie.net is harsh. And The Flood is just a crude forum.