Halo Legends: The Package

Seeker of Truth

I have a very hard time accepting this as canon, yet according to Halopedia, it is :S

But look at all of the mistakes, discrepancies, and contradictions.

• Shields. This is clearly before the Fall of Reach judging by how young the Spartans look. Yet their armor has shields. Is there some kind of temporal paradox going on?

• Elite attitude. One of the bridge officers refers to the Brutes as "our brothers". Strange, considering their age-old rivalry. And no, there were no Elites in sight in the rear of the cruiser. So unless he was talking about the Grunts, then that's another glaring error.

• Overpowered prowler. Umm...how is a single UNSC vessel designed for covert insertion going to take out a fleet consisting of several dozen cruisers and at least one assault carrier? A UNSC destroyer, far more powerful than a prowler, is not a match for a single frigate.

• Halsey looks younger than the Spartans. WTF?

Personally I don't accept The Package as canon.

They had crude shields before Reach.

A Prowler was there to drop off the Spartans, then retreat. I imagine it would nuke it. They had the element of surprise.

The Elites were still in the corridors near where the chief landed, he kills a few.

All I don't understand is why the Covenant have green blood...

Anyway, its artistic impression. It's not ever going to be exactly like the lore, like the games. The weapons on games have been seriously nerfed or buffed for balancing. I like it, I consider it canon.

Did you enjoy it? Is my question.