For My Son

L84

My son is 7 years old and is active in his education and activities. He currently is a wolf cub with the cubscouts and has lived his life knowing I was in the army and remembers me being gone on my two deployments to Iraq. My wife and I allow our son to play games which are age appropriate for him and restrict him from violent material. However, he has a limited knowledge of the Halo universe yet with the little he knows of the story, he has idolized Master Chief as a hero to look up to. Often he will catch glimpses of me playing the game late at night when he wakes up to use the restroom and asked me today, "Dad, will they ever make a Halo game that is okay for me to play?" He often plays the Lego games and recently watched the mega blocks video you had on Halo Waypoint. My question is simple, correction, his question is, will there be any outlooks for a child appropriate version of halo that he can enjoy?

Does anybody know if there will be a child appropriate version in the future? Lego, Mega Blocks, etc?

I don't know, guy. I admire you wanting to find a more appropriate version of Halo for your son to play, but as of right now, I don't think there is any talk of one. But as I said, I don't know.

why dont you let him try halo wars or would that be to complicated for him?

I think halo wars would be too difficult for him to navigate... I've tried before, but usually in the first five or so minutes he asks me to do it for him and he becomes frustrated instead of enjoying it..

Does anyone know how to contact 343 to ask if they have anything? Tv series for kids, cartoon movies, games, etc?

I know there is a movie called Halo Legends on the XBL marketplace. As far as I remember it should be appropriate for a 7 year old. I personally thought it was kinda lame.

My son is 7 years old and is active in his education and activities. He currently is a wolf cub with the cubscouts and has lived his life knowing I was in the army and remembers me being gone on my two deployments to Iraq. My wife and I allow our son to play games which are age appropriate for him and restrict him from violent material. However, he has a limited knowledge of the Halo universe yet with the little he knows of the story, he has idolized Master Chief as a hero to look up to. Often he will catch glimpses of me playing the game late at night when he wakes up to use the restroom and asked me today, "Dad, will they ever make a Halo game that is okay for me to play?" He often plays the Lego games and recently watched the mega blocks video you had on Halo Waypoint. My question is simple, correction, his question is, will there be any outlooks for a child appropriate version of halo that he can enjoy?

If your child knows moral value Halo Anniversary is probably k for him. I played Halo 2 at five and spent the first 2 years not shooting anything lol (becuase the Arbiter levels made me think covies were UNSC allies ).

Growing up my parents had this fear as well. It is one that I still respect today. Halo can be very dark and violent and especially the big thing for me, that is so violent, is the multiplayer online.

When fighting the covies I always looked at them as aliens that really are like animals. He might like firefight gruntapocolypse. The grunts to not look human at all and have bright blue blood that does not look real. Either that or skirmishers and jackals. They look like dinosaurs. Let him play with covie weapons too since the also do not represent reality.

I would love to see a halo lego game. I think it would be fun. My wife loves the lego games and I think a halo lego game would be a fun idea. There is a lot of dark stuff in halo but you can leave most of that out just like they do with lego star wars and stuff.

i don't understand why halo is 16....

its not that bad, maybe let your son play it for a bit but watch what he does, just let him play campaign, but just watch him and see how does.

fair enough you are protective about him playing games like that, but compared to games like GTA, it is NO WHERE near that bad, and eventually he will play it without your permission, it happens.

and tbh, there is nothing with playing violent games, i don't see the issue with it, its highly unlikely that a sane person would copy that and beat **** up, i don't get why FPS' get that bad rep, its more of the people who play it and the mindset they are in.

My fear is not so much the idea of him repeating what he watches in the game, but more so him having nightmares with the darkness and violence dealing with the flood and covenant. He has a great character as he is in cubscouts and plays sports. I'm more concerned with him nightmares. This is why I think a Lego version would be great. It's light hearted and the darkness would be replaced with comedy as they have done with the other Lego style games.

its not a horror game...Its not eternal darkness or Silent Hill.

why would he get scared? the worst thing is creatures coming at you from like a mile away, i don't see the issue...sorry if im meant to see it already.

ok, he has a great character, that won't change if he plays halo....

btw, Lego Halo would never happen, sorry to say, it just wouldn't be right and LEGO wouldn't do it.

Some scenes of the flood can be scary. I remember when i was 4-5 playing dragon warrior for nintendo and i used to get scared sometimes from the ghosts and the cave and stuff and i would turn it off and go upstairs. But its not a big deal i think. I dont see violence in media as having much of an impact. Ive been introduced to it since my earliest memories. Might make you scared a little bit but thats not a big deal.

I admire you sir for raising your kid the way you do, trying to keep as much violence out of his life as possible, its admirable. As for the Lego Halo game, I don't think anything like that is coming out soon, though its a very good idea.

Maybe you could get him some of the Halo novels, with the stories of other Spartans, as heroic as Master Chief.

I don't necessarily see a LEGO game coming out soon. It would be years down the road if it ever happened which it probably won't. I am not suggesting that they neuter Halo at all either or tailor it to kids. I would actually like a little bit darker and grittier story line now. Some games are meant to be for mature adults. I really respect you L84 for being a responsible father.

its not a horror game...Its not eternal darkness or Silent Hill.

why would he get scared? the worst thing is creatures coming at you from like a mile away, i don't see the issue...sorry if im meant to see it already.

ok, he has a great character, that won't change if he plays halo....

btw, Lego Halo would never happen, sorry to say, it just wouldn't be right and LEGO wouldn't do it.

Funny, because they already have.

I wonder if a LEGO Halo game would be considered canon. Anyway I really loved the LEGO games when I was younger and a LEGO Halo game would defiantly be wise for marketing since 343 would be appealing to a younger generation of gamers who probably would buy Halos 5 and 6 when they are old enough. There is a big problem with this however, 343 has never had any toys released by LEGO. All of the "LEGO" Halo toys that you see are either made by Mega Bloks or Kubricks.

I admire you sir for raising your kid the way you do, trying to keep as much violence out of his life as possible, its admirable. As for the Lego Halo game, I don't think anything like that is coming out soon, though its a very good idea.

Maybe you could get him some of the Halo novels, with the stories of other Spartans, as heroic as Master Chief.

except Contact: Harvest. the ending is defiantly not appropriate for a 7 year old. other that that there are legos and action figures at Walmart.