Playdate Idea --- Infinity Forge Contest Themed

SatanicBagels

So I hear there is an interest in good ideas for playdates. My thinking on this subject is simple. First off one must examine what generally makes up a good playdate... In the past of this site the playdates have been driven by a series of fun custom games which foster a friendly and casual enviroment to play our favorite game in/

With the infinity slayer contest around the corner it would, perhaps, be interesting to take advantage of all the epic maps that are bound to be made and submitted. This would successfully...

1. Make the Infinity Slayer Forging event more of a community wide event instead of just a forgers event.

2. Provide forgers with extra incentive as they get the spotlight during the playdate.

3. Be very damn fun.

Once all the maps have been circulated (I don't know how many map submissions the event staff are looking at here) then gametypes could be switched up or the playdate could move on to other things... Like it probably would have no matter what the design of the playdate was anyway.

• Like 5

Sweaty we truly appreciate ideas such as this, thank you. We were planning on some type of event for playing the maps with the community and this idea of, if I could give it a name, "The Meet Your Maker Play Date" would be just the thing!

Once the submission deadline has arrived and we have begun the final critiquing and judging of the maps, we will work with you and provide a complete series of maps from our accounts for a 'Global Community Play Date'. I will do my best to get as many of the judges and forgers who submitted maps, as well as the member of our affiliates to participate in this event. Our friends THFE, Ducain23 and HaloCustoms have been great partners in this event and helping to promote it, along with "Blueprint" at Bungie.net. We would not have had such a quality response from the forge community without them.

Thanks Sweaty!

• Like 2