Request help

BaconShelf

Okay, I am requesting help on weapon placement and spawning for competitive maps.

I make 4v4/8v8 maps but I don't really know much about balancing. If anyone has any pointers on this, I would appreciate them wether in this thread or via xbox.

Should anyone want to see my maps, feel free to add me. My GT Is BaconShelf

This is a highly situational topic, since every map requires different approaches to balance and weapon choice. I would have to see your maps to give you some pointers based on where the initial spawns are on the map, what it's intended best gametype is, run times, symmetrical/asymmetrical, sightlines, player traffic, land marks, navigation, objective areas, elevation, risk/reward, etc.... it can be a lot to take in.

Also, I've been developing a theory of what weapons affect what comes up in persoanl ordnance on each canvas and how to influence certain ordnance weapons to show up in certain maps to help with balance. Send me a message on XBL sometime and I can run you through the basics :)

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, I am requesting help on weapon placement and spawning for competitive maps.

I make 4v4/8v8 maps but I don't really know much about balancing. If anyone has any pointers on this, I would appreciate them wether in this thread or via xbox.

Should anyone want to see my maps, feel free to add me. My GT Is BaconShelf

Bacon,

Did you ever get your question answered? Weapon placement is not my strong point, but I have been forging for a long time and can give some advice. It would help to preview the map together in forge. That is the best way anybody can offer real advice.

CV

Aside from basic 'Mirroring weapons' , I didn't really get much help. I have been experimenting on my maps, and seem to be doing okay. Apart from ordanance phasing under the map...

Sure. My GT is username, feel free to add me.

I will. Mine is the same. My Slim just arrived. Interestingly enough, I just found out it was not my old xbox, but the hdmi video on my flat screen. I hooked up my slim and got the same "no signal" message. Hooked up my bedroom flatscreen and viola, both xboxs work, but I like the quietness of the slim so I am transferring all of my Halo 4 data from the old 360 external harddrive to a usb storage, and will transfer all data to the slim memory. I ordered a 320 gb internal harddrive, but will use the other memory in the meantime. My XBL GT is the same as this one too. I will add once I have the whole process completed. I need to get the tv repaired now I guess, unless it is too expensive, we will just buy a new one.

CV