My theory for Halo 4, I think it's pretty good.

Sanghelios

Synopsis: You start out by seeing Cortana telling you to wake up, much like the trailer. You press X, open up cryo, and Cortana tells you how to play while tips on your HUD show you what to press. Pretty much you are playing the trailer, and I think it's a good idea to start out like this because it can be used as sort of a training level. You can get used to the antigrav thruster, space, jumping, etc. Then if you manage to grab that pistol you get 25GS. Once you reach the end and see the planetoid, new cutscene begins. Ofc, beginning is always subject to change.

My theory for plot. Since the chief is floating outside of the galaxy, and manages to meet some type of unknown planetoid, I think it's safe to say its Precursor, not Forerunner. The reason I would say Precursor is because they are the only capable race that has technology to travel from galaxy to galaxy. Instead of traveling to Andromeda, perhaps the last surviving Precursors decided to use their last remaining resources to construct a planetoid for safe havens outside of the galaxy. In the concept art trailer, the structures are similar to Precursor structures in that they look crystalized. Precursor structures were described as being made of crystal. Perhaps the Precursors made it so that any ship that comes near is sucked into the planet on purpose. All on board are neutralized, and the ship used for resources/technology. There is also UNSC shown in the concept art, which leads me to believe the Spirit of Fire may have also landed inside in the planet. Most likely most of the game will probably be just masterchief battling the enemy since 343 did say they were going to go deep inside chief and cortana. Not only that, but perhaps Forerunners were also sucked inside. Also, we may see a return of the flood because if the planetoid is indeed Precursor, that may also be the place where the Precursors developed the flood, if they truly did.

Discuss :)

Synopsis: You start out by seeing Cortana telling you to wake up, much like the trailer. You press X, open up cryo, and Cortana tells you how to play while tips on your HUD show you what to press. Pretty much you are playing the trailer, and I think it's a good idea to start out like this because it can be used as sort of a training level. You can get used to the antigrav thruster, space, jumping, etc. Then if you manage to grab that pistol you get 25GS. Once you reach the end and see the planetoid, new cutscene begins. Ofc, beginning is always subject to change.

My theory for plot. Since the chief is floating outside of the galaxy, and manages to meet some type of unknown planetoid, I think it's safe to say its Precursor, not Forerunner. The reason I would say Precursor is because they are the only capable race that has technology to travel from galaxy to galaxy. Instead of traveling to Andromeda, perhaps the last surviving Precursors decided to use their last remaining resources to construct a planetoid for safe havens outside of the galaxy. In the concept art trailer, the structures are similar to Precursor structures in that they look crystalized. Precursor structures were described as being made of crystal. Perhaps the Precursors made it so that any ship that comes near is sucked into the planet on purpose. All on board are neutralized, and the ship used for resources/technology. There is also UNSC shown in the concept art, which leads me to believe the Spirit of Fire may have also landed inside in the planet. Most likely most of the game will probably be just masterchief battling the enemy since 343 did say they were going to go deep inside chief and cortana. Not only that, but perhaps Forerunners were also sucked inside. Also, we may see a return of the flood because if the planetoid is indeed Precursor, that may also be the place where the Precursors developed the flood, if they truly did.

Discuss :)

The planet is most likely Sigma 7, and it's clearly Forerunner. It's a shield world, much like Onyx. Chief is actually floating in the galaxy, not outside. If you remember, they made it through the portal, which brought them back into the Milky Way, but it closed right as the front section of The Dawn made it through, leaving Chief and Cortana stranded in an unknown part of the Milky Way.

• Like 1

The planet is most likely Sigma 7, and it's clearly Forerunner. It's a shield world, much like Onyx. Chief is actually floating in the galaxy, not outside. If you remember, they made it through the portal, which brought them back into the Milky Way, but it closed right as the front section of The Dawn made it through, leaving Chief and Cortana stranded in an unknown part of the Milky Way.

It can't be a shield world like Onyx because remember Onyx is a microdyson sphere guarded by trillions of Sentinels. Also, didn't Cortana at the end of Halo 3 say they were on the outer rim of the Milky Way, or outside of it? I don't quite recall.

It can't be a shield world like Onyx because remember Onyx is a microdyson sphere guarded by trillions of Sentinels. Also, didn't Cortana at the end of Halo 3 say they were on the outer rim of the Milky Way, or outside of it? I don't quite recall.

Meant to say it's probably a shield world. They were beyond the rim when they were on the Ark, but as soon as they went through the portal, they were back in the galaxy. Chief would have been killed when Halo fired if they were outside the galaxy at the end of Halo 3. They made it through the portal just as it collapsed.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Sigma_7

Meant to say it's probably a shield world. They were beyond the rim when they were on the Ark, but as soon as they went through the portal, they were back in the galaxy. Chief would have been killed when Halo fired if they were outside the galaxy at the end of Halo 3. They made it through the portal just as it collapsed.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Sigma_7

Chief could be anywhere, no one knows what could happen when you go through a collapsing slipspace portal.

good theory. i support the precurser idea.

I want blue team in there as well of course (and epic cutscene of kurt sending the bad guys to hell) and I think the flood thing.... would piss bungie off I'm serious I have a special edition magazine of the halo trilogy and well they said this

Hopes and fears-

What we do and do not want in h4

1.hope co-op

fear kenect-Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband because they're kenect'n everything.

2.hope a new enemy

fear the flood

We where totaly over the flood by the time the credits rolled for halo: ce and it says them being in h2-halo wars was over kill

3.hope for some talk, some rock

(h4 character build up)

fear sans stickles we know we don't want the covenant but we will not give up our sticky grenades

With the release of the new book series, we know at some point in the past there was a Human-Forerunner War. We also know that it's possible to have minor spacetime anomalies in Slipspace (things getting sent backwards in time, etc).

What if the Arbiter and Chief both got sent to the exact same place, just at different times?

Not all sheild worlds are microdyson spheres. There are other forms or structures to protect the forerunners from halo.

With the release of the new book series, we know at some point in the past there was a Human-Forerunner War. We also know that it's possible to have minor spacetime anomalies in Slipspace (things getting sent backwards in time, etc).

What if the Arbiter and Chief both got sent to the exact same place, just at different times?

You saw the end of Halo 3 right? The Arbiter made it to earth and eventually back to his home world, or whatever he called "home".

You saw the end of Halo 3 right? The Arbiter made it to earth and eventually back to his home world, or whatever he called "home".

Yep, that's exactly what I mean. The front half of Forward Unto Dawn crashed onto Earth, so what if the back part got sent to exactly the same spot in Earth's orbital pattern, just 100,000 years previously? There's no reason that the Earth would be at the exact same spot in its orbit, which could explain why the back half of the Dawn is seen floating in space.

Yep, that's exactly what I mean. The front half of Forward Unto Dawn crashed onto Earth, so what if the back part got sent to exactly the same spot in Earth's orbital pattern, just 100,000 years previously? There's no reason that the Earth would be at the exact same spot in its orbit, which could explain why the back half of the Dawn is seen floating in space.

Highly, highly unlikely. I call shenanigans.