Noble E 2552 presents "Foliage"

GT: NOBLE E 2552

Map name: Foliage

Game Type: Evolved

This map is based on the level, "343 Guilty Spark" from Halo: Combat Evolved. It takes place in the swamp, filled with trees and tactfully placed rocks. I've simulated the glowing green plants with Dominion shields pressed up against the rocky walls. It's made inside the Island, so it's dark and has that creepy fog rolling along the ground. There's a crashed Pelican and Spirit just like in the level, as well as the hallway which descends into the elevator room,l with two usable Covenant turrets out front. There is also a Warthog with a usable gun by the Pelican, which is strong but not overpowered because of the foliage which surrounds it, allowing Flood to get close. I wanted Covenant deployable shields and crates, but Affinity removed Covenant pieces, so instead I used cyan Dominion Shields for the deployable covers and just added some pieces to them. They offer non-sightblocker covers for the Flood, but can be broken for five seconds, so you don't have that situation where the Zombie sits there waiting for the human to come around and it's a wait to see who gives in. Random drops scattered around the map offer ARs, Shotguns, Needlers, Storm Rifles, and Grenades.

The gametype gives the humans an Assault Rifle, Pistol and three Frag grenades, and of course armour abilities have been disabled for everyone. The Flood have normal speed and will have to hit you twice to kill you.

My main goal with this map and game type was to make it feel like Halo CE, and if you play it I think you'll find I've succeeded.

post-63818-0-69834800-1365454365_thumb.jpg

post-63818-0-44992000-1365454369_thumb.jpg

post-63818-0-13463000-1365454376_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

NAICCEEEE!!!!!!

It would be awesome if you made a floating pelican inside of which the humans initially spawn.

And we will, by the way, explore the entire finite highway.

Nah, a good Pelican would seem too close to the outer world. And if the universe is truly infinite, then so is our exploration.