some ideas for dlc in halo 4

Caboose The Ace

here is some ideas for dlc halo 4 could have than do no give the player an advange in anyway at all like a weapon dlc or armour ability dlc for example that gives a player an unfair advange

1 more map packs why because now castle is out we have no more dlc to wait for now gives player less of a reason to play and with us now getting 2 week updates instead of weekly the game has become atlot more boring and halo 4s population will continue to go down even more

2 weapon skin dlc for example this pack would cost 80ms points of so and once brought would give the player 3 more skins for a dmr

3 armour dlc this would include new armour such as new armour or some  from reach

hope u like my ideas :thumbsup:

• Like 1

These are some good ideas. Also, what would be nice is if they brought back Classic style playlists, so Bungie fans will quit complaining. Then again, people ALWAYS find things to complain about.

yes I agree there will  always be haters in a game one way or another for example

343 make halo 5 more like halo 3 fans will say ... this game is just like halo 3 copy and paste nothing new is here etc

343 add lots of new ideas in halo 5 take old stuff out etc fans say .... this game sucks halo 3 was better we need trueskill back etc

overall there will always be haters one way or another

yes I agree there will  always be haters in a game one way or another for example

343 make halo 5 more like halo 3 fans will say ... this game is just like halo 3 copy and paste nothing new is here etc

343 add lots of new ideas in halo 5 take old stuff out etc fans say .... this game sucks halo 3 was better we need trueskill back etc

overall there will always be haters one way or another

That's why I think they should have classic style playlists, and new ones so you'll get the best of both worlds. But like you said, there will always be haters. They're hypocrites. They criticise Call of Duty for recycling the previous games, and making a glorified expansion pack, yet they criticised Halo 4 for not being like Halo 3.

That's why I think they should have classic style playlists, and new ones so you'll get the best of both worlds. But like you said, there will always be haters. They're hypocrites. They criticise Call of Duty for recycling the previous games, and making a glorified expansion pack, yet they criticised Halo 4 for not being like Halo 3.

yes I agree the best of both but sadley the gaming world is just full of haters one way or another a game is hated but why did 343 make halo 4 more casual it was because there are more casual gamers then comptive gamers

yes I agree the best of both but sadley the gaming world is just full of haters one way or another a game is hated but why did 343 make halo 4 more casual it was because there are more casual gamers then comptive gamers

But, now they're including competitive features, like the CSR, they nerfed bullet magnetism and they nerfed the Boltshot as well. What's their problem?

But, now they're including competitive features, like the CSR, they nerfed bullet magnetism and they nerfed the Boltshot as well. What's their problem?

there problem is

no VISABLE csr

loadouts

the so called op assault rifle

no br 4 shot kill

no elites

no hornets

no falcons

need I go on :thumbsup:

there problem is

no VISABLE csr

loadouts

the so called op assault rifle

no br 4 shot kill

no elites

no hornets

no falcons

need I go on :thumbsup:

1. Fair enough, but they should appreciate what they have.

2. Again, I don't see any problem with loadouts.

3. The Assault Rifle is not overpowered.

4. That would make it overpowered, something they complain about with the Assault Rifle.

5. They were barely ever used in the first place.

6 and 7. Okay, they're good points.

But, still it's a good game! They tried hard to please the fans, they're still trying to please them even more, only to get mindless idiots hate them for it?

1. Fair enough, but they should appreciate what they have.

2. Again, I don't see any problem with loadouts.

3. The Assault Rifle is not overpowered.

4. That would make it overpowered, something they complain about with the Assault Rifle.

5. They were barely ever used in the first place.

6 and 7. Okay, they're good points.

But, still it's a good game! They tried hard to please the fans, they're still trying to please them even more, only to get mindless idiots hate them for it?

no I see where all the hate is coming from because with halo 4  halo is no longer halo is has lost its identy and now stand among the rest of the other fps cough cod cough halo 4 is just a casual scif fps and that is what halo is not

no I see where all the hate is coming from because with halo 4  halo is no longer halo is has lost its identy and now stand among the rest of the other fps cough cod cough halo 4 is just a casual scif fps and that is what halo is not

The gameplay is nothing like Call of Duty. It still takes skill. It still stands out, it still has the Halo gameplay we know and love, these haters just like nitpicking on things that really aren't that bad. It's still a competitive game, and they're trying hard to please these so-called "true halo fans" yet they still keep on hating.

The gameplay is nothing like Call of Duty. It still takes skill. It still stands out, it still has the Halo gameplay we know and love, these haters just like nitpicking on things that really aren't that bad. It's still a competitive game, and they're trying hard to please these so-called "true halo fans" yet they still keep on hating.

no halo is a game with a visible csr a game without loadouts without ordnances with elites with plasma rifles duel welding etc 343 are changing the core of halo itself

no halo is a game with a visible csr a game without loadouts without ordnances with elites with plasma rifles duel welding etc 343 are changing the core of halo itself

Halo 4 resembles CE, the original Halo more than 2 or 3, actually. No dual wielding, no elites in multiplayer, four Covenant species in Campaign.

Sure, there are changes, like Halo 3's health system, a great radar, armor abilities, and loadouts, but we still have the energy shielding, and all the basic core stuff. And the core gameplay is all that really needs to stay the same.

Even the Elites and such are tactically the same as in CE. 

Halo 4's far from a perfect game. I think Spartan Ops should be more like Campaign than this infinite lives endless hordes nonsensical slaughter fest. Multiplayer lags too much, and the DMR should become what it was intended to be: Best loadout weapon at long range, hands down, but utterly useless at any other range.

A 4sk Battle Rifle would be extremely OP.

There are the little things, like visible CSR, playing as an Elite, and dual wielding, all of which I would appreciate, but they're not needed. These weren't in Halo CE, and that's the original game (And the one I started with), so naturally, if it's similar enough to that, I call it "true" Halo.

• Like 1

Call of Duty: In the end it's gun skill.

Halo: In the end it's gun skill.

BF3: In the end it's 'gun' (suicide jetting helicopter C4ing Mini-jeep sploding) skill.

So?

My main issue with the game is in Slayer - 'Oh, so you are a camo sniper? Here, after some kills have a binary rifle as ordnance while that guy who has been rushing to the middle alone time and again can have a needler.'

Now, about DLC....

I want everything they removed from previous Halo's that don't include gameplay mechanics. Such as the all new, much worse Forge being improved, an actual Forge World with workable Terrain, improved Theater, muuuuch more custom game options.

Halo 4 resembles CE, the original Halo more than 2 or 3, actually. No dual wielding, no elites in multiplayer, four Covenant species in Campaign.

Sure, there are changes, like Halo 3's health system, a great radar, armor abilities, and loadouts, but we still have the energy shielding, and all the basic core stuff. And the core gameplay is all that really needs to stay the same.

Even the Elites and such are tactically the same as in CE. 

Halo 4's far from a perfect game. I think Spartan Ops should be more like Campaign than this infinite lives endless hordes nonsensical slaughter fest. Multiplayer lags too much, and the DMR should become what it was intended to be: Best loadout weapon at long range, hands down, but utterly useless at any other range.

A 4sk Battle Rifle would be extremely OP.

There are the little things, like visible CSR, playing as an Elite, and dual wielding, all of which I would appreciate, but they're not needed. These weren't in Halo CE, and that's the original game (And the one I started with), so naturally, if it's similar enough to that, I call it "true" Halo.

elites are defiantly needed in a halo game not just to play as in war games but in machinma it is a lot harder to make a machinima without elites and halo 4s forge dose not help at all  

elites are defiantly needed in a halo game not just to play as in war games but in machinma it is a lot harder to make a machinima without elites and halo 4s forge dose not help at all  

Elites are not really needed in war games, they weren't used that much. Okay, for Machinima, that's a good point. Also, I really don't see what's wrong with Halo 4's Forge mode. Halo 4's Forge mode is better in so many ways to Halo Reach's.

1. Flat lands are easier to build on.

2. The green screen.

3. Each map has it's own Forge pallet.

4. The smaller maps (the default ones) provide more variety than the one huge map (Forge World.)

5. Magnets.

6. Forge Island added trees, and bigger rocks so you can build terrain.

7. Being able to duplicate objects, meaning faster building.

8. You no longer have to block off half the map with walls, unless you are making a race map.

9. Being able to place Trait zones, and gravity volumes. That is an awesome idea.

10. (I know this is minor, but it helps sometimes) When you point at an object, it highlights and tells you what you have your cursor on, meaning no more accidental object deleting.

Elites are not really needed in war games, they weren't used that much. Okay, for Machinima, that's a good point. Also, I really don't see what's wrong with Halo 4's Forge mode. Halo 4's Forge mode is better in so many ways to Halo Reach's.

1. Flat lands are easier to build on.

2. The green screen.

3. Each map has it's own Forge pallet.

4. The smaller maps (the default ones) provide more variety than the one huge map (Forge World.)

5. Magnets.

6. Forge Island added trees, and bigger rocks so you can build terrain.

7. Being able to duplicate objects, meaning faster building.

8. You no longer have to block off half the map with walls, unless you are making a race map.

9. Being able to place Trait zones, and gravity volumes. That is an awesome idea.

10. (I know this is minor, but it helps sometimes) When you point at an object, it highlights and tells you what you have your cursor on, meaning no more accidental object deleting.

yes but elites in muilplayer is something in halos core just like in halo core is the batllerifle and plasma rifle weapons spawning in a fixed place is part of halos core and yes I don't admit halo 4s forge in some ways was yes better than reaches and reaches was better than halo 4 in some ways :thumbsup:

yes but elites in muilplayer is something in halos core just like in halo core is the batllerifle and plasma rifle weapons spawning in a fixed place is part of halos core and yes I don't admit halo 4s forge in some ways was yes better than reaches and reaches was better than halo 4 in some ways :thumbsup:

"Not having Elites" That's just nitpicking, really. You can't even SEE your character in game, so does it really matter? The Elites weren't used that much in the previous games. Why bring up the Battle Rifle when it's in there? Also, why does not having the Plasma Rifle matter, when they included a similar, and arguable better weapon (Storm Rifle)? If they just recycled all the older games, people would complain that it's too much alike (Kinda like that other FPS series). I like 343i for doing something different. I never really used the Plasma Rifle much, I prefer the Storm Rifle. Halo 4 has not only done a few things different, to keep the game fresh, but also kept the core of the game by making it similar to Combat Evolved, which is a VERY good thing. Combat Evolved is my favourite out of all the Halo games, and it seems to be 343's favourite game as well, and are paying homage to the original, which is something I LOVE them for.

"Not having Elites" That's just nitpicking, really. You can't even SEE your character in game, so does it really matter? The Elites weren't used that much in the previous games. Why bring up the Battle Rifle when it's in there? Also, why does not having the Plasma Rifle matter, when they included a similar, and arguable better weapon (Storm Rifle)? If they just recycled all the older games, people would complain that it's too much alike (Kinda like that other FPS series). I like 343i for doing something different. I never really used the Plasma Rifle much, I prefer the Storm Rifle. Halo 4 has not only done a few things different, to keep the game fresh, but also kept the core of the game by making it similar to Combat Evolved, which is a VERY good thing. Combat Evolved is my favourite out of all the Halo games, and it seems to be 343's favourite game as well, and are paying homage to the original, which is something I LOVE them for.

but halo 4 has gone to much away from halos core for example no trueskill that separated halo from cod that made halo comptive and cod casual and now both are just casual another thing in halos core is plamsrifle classic weapon in ever halo game besides halo 4 it was there and now it is not it is like removing the asssutlrife from halo 5 I could go on about this core thing but lets keep it brief

to conclude

halo is not longer halo

but halo 4 has gone to much away from halos core for example no trueskill that separated halo from cod that made halo comptive and cod casual and now both are just casual another thing in halos core is plamsrifle classic weapon in ever halo game besides halo 4 it was there and now it is not it is like removing the asssutlrife from halo 5 I could go on about this core thing but lets keep it brief

to conclude

halo is not longer halo

It's still Halo. It's like Halo CE, combined with 3 and improved aspects from Reach. Halo CE, because of 4 covenant species in campaign, the feeling when you land on Requiem is the same as when you first land on the Halo ring, the campaign is mainly exploring this unknown world, and finding out everything about it. Also, no Elites in multiplayer. Halo 3, because of the Battle Rifle, similar HUD, same health system and I think the menus resemble Halo 3's menus. Reach, because of Bloom, DMR, Armour Abilities and the magnum is pretty much the same. You argued that removing the Plasma Rifle is just like removing the Assault Rifle. 1. The Assault Rifle was used a lot more, and 2. They DID that in Halo 2. Maybe they used the Storm Rifle because they wanted to do something different. Like you said before, if everything was just like Halo 3, people would criticize it for being stale and repetitive.

It's still Halo. It's like Halo CE, combined with 3 and improved aspects from Reach. Halo CE, because of 4 covenant species in campaign, the feeling when you land on Requiem is the same as when you first land on the Halo ring, the campaign is mainly exploring this unknown world, and finding out everything about it. Also, no Elites in multiplayer. Halo 3, because of the Battle Rifle, similar HUD, same health system and I think the menus resemble Halo 3's menus. Reach, because of Bloom, DMR, Armour Abilities and the magnum is pretty much the same. You argued that removing the Plasma Rifle is just like removing the Assault Rifle. 1. The Assault Rifle was used a lot more, and 2. They DID that in Halo 2. Maybe they used the Storm Rifle because they wanted to do something different. Like you said before, if everything was just like Halo 3, people would criticize it for being stale and repetitive.

no I am not saying bring back everything that is gone or change nothing but 343 made halo 4 feel nothing like previous halo dosent even feel familiar at all it is to far away from what made halo ce 2 and 3 so great  :thumbsup:  

no I am not saying bring back everything that is gone or change nothing but 343 made halo 4 feel nothing like previous halo dosent even feel familiar at all it is to far away from what made halo ce 2 and 3 so great  :thumbsup:  

Like I said, it reminds me heavily of CE, Halo 3 and Reach.

I actually quite like the idea of additional weapon and armour skins: as far as I'm aware, these would basically be new textures composed of small image files, and so wouldn't mean really huge downloads, unlike if there were alterations being made to polygon numbers or whatever.

I don't know that I'd pay for new skins - they would have to be really good for me to do that - but if they were suitably cheap or could be bought individually for a low price (80MSP, say?) then I might be tempted to pick up one or two. Especially the pre-order skins: I could obviously only pre-order from one place and I'd quite like to have all the existing skins available by the time I hit SR-130.

Provided the total download size was suitably small, I don't see any problem, and it's always nice to have the option of bonus customisation. Great idea, Caboose the Ace! :D

• Like 1