So Many Halo 4 Maps Have The Same LayOut! Bad Maps!

BenevolentImperator

Overall I rate the Halo 4 maps 7-8/10, they aren't horrible maps but previous games had better maps. I rate most of the Halo Reach maps 9/10. Boardwalk and the maps packs were amazing, so was spire and bone yard, all 9/10 I rate them.

The problem with Halo 4 maps is they lack more visual details that Halo Reach maps have. Most of the m look way to plain. Has anyone noticed how so many maps revolve around a damn circle? These idiots at 343 don't know how to make maps. Wreckage, Meltdown, Shatter, Exile and Ridgeline all revolve around a circle. 

This game also needs more maps, BTB is annoying, 60% of the games end up being Exile or Ragnorok. I have the maps packs and I never see Shatter or Wreckage anymore, they need to add map pack BTB playlists and put Harvest in that mix. This game is really ******** me off, I have map packs and can't even play them, what a waste of money buying the limited edition to get them.

Guest Frogger24

Hmm so you rate them 7-8/10 and that is bad... interesting...

That being said I put this to you:

I submit that any map from any Halo game (including Halo Wars) can be circular. It is all relative. The physical shape of the map might be square, cubic, prism, conical or any other geometric figure but it just doesnt matter. All maps have a circut that you can travel in either direction which gives it in essence a circular pattern.

You yourself choose how to move about the map. If you treat it like a circle you will run in a circle. If you treat it like a straight line odds are you will run in a straight line. Heck if you really want you can do random squiggly lines just to have some laughs. In any case it is up to you to decide how to move about the map.

I have run/driven/flown circles around ever single map in every Halo game (allowing for maps that have vehicles and aircraft and those that dont).

The only one that I have not done a circle on is a Ro-Sham-Bo map and thats because when I try I get killed in the middle, but even then you can still treat it in a similar manor. Personally I find your issue to be a lack of imagination on how to move about the map.

Oh and if you choose to cry about how "pretty" they look then honestly you might as well not post. It is a personal issue. The visuals are stunning to me. Plenty of stuff to look at while playing. Good balances between natural and unnatural cover along with open ground. Dont like it well then whatever, thats your problem not mine.

As for the rotation on different maps there isnt much anybody can do about it except vote for those maps when they come up. If they dont get voted for then you just wont play them. I see them show up in the rotation often enough and even play on them a fair amount. Thats a problem you have to take up with the group you are playing with really and even then dont expect it to go your way as the world doesnt revolve around your wants.

• Like 1

So because YOU don't like something, the people who made it are 'idiots'?

Try making a map, with professional tools,(not forge) and see how it goes.

The maps are better than Reaches, by far. And what is wrong with visuals? On this logic, why is the skybox not just white or a block of colour? Why are there terrain textures?