Halo 5 Will need a Beta

One thing that truely was a disadvantage to halo 4 was the lack of an open beta. Halo 4 was playable at conventions and such, but it did not give individual players a chance to thoroughly experiment with the game. Because play time was very limited, it was hard to provide 343i with any sort of criticism to improve within the game. This is something that i feel caused both the DMR and boltshot controversies. Gameplay dynamics were hard to notice because it was a brand new experience for anyone who tried out the game, so these flaws went unnoticed in the development stage.  

If 343i allowed for an open beta for halo 5, this would be very beneficial to them. Players would be able to settle into the game and begin to point out any flaws that they may notice. It would also be very entertaining to the fan community as well

thoughts?

• Like 4

I agree. I believe that if the fans had been able to give proper feedback like was given after release, the game would have been more successful. It's a shame they rushed to release before Christmas.

I concur with the need for a beta. I believe with Halo four being the first game in a new trilogy and it being 343i's first game, it shouldn't have had a beta, as it would release most of the ideas 343i had. I believe however, that now we know what to expect from 343i, that a beta is necessary.

Has there ever been a beta / demo before launch for a Halo game? But i do agree we need a Beta pre launch there have been games i have / haven't bought based on a demo or beta [starhawk (didn't) and DMC (didn't but loaned)].

Halo 3 and Halo Reach had betas. I don't know about 2. Halo CE had a demo, but not a beta because it had no online multiplayer.

yeah i thought id heard that the demos were released after the games were

i just here'd that halo 3 only had a demo of one multiplayer map with the old vehicles and only a few people to play all of the game types for the demo. but i guess it was just a beta the whole time. halo 1 and 2 had a demo. and both were great. both were some of the two best campaign levels.

Agreed. Giving players the opportunity to play and report bugs would be quite helpful to the development of future Halo titles. Not only that, but I would thoroughly enjoy getting to play Halo 5 early :laughing:

same here id love that

This is a great idea, for the previous reasons mentioned and another. It could help Halos fanbase grow larger  and survive since it would allow other players such as CoD fans, or anyone else to try out and fall in love with Halo for the first time without having to drop $60 on a new copy. This could sway CoD fans from the dark side and change what game people get in the upcoming quarter or year(since some people only make one $60 purchase a year)