Xbox One: Release Date Dicovered?

Xbox One: Release Date Discovered?

300px-Xbox_One_Console_and_Controller.pn

Hello everyone. The Xbox One was announced May 21st, during Microsoft's big event: "A New Generation Revealed". They announced SEVERAL things, including the Halo 4 TV Series, Call of Duty: Ghosts,
Forza Motorsport 5, and more! Although, they didn't notify us of the release date, with some other minor issues, for example, they didn't notify us of graphics card in the specifications slide of their presentation. Although, Wired Magazine did get an exclusive, which was on YouTube. I myself, got a chance to view it. It was mainly Kinect Hands On, which was impressive.

The only lag visible, at least to me, was in the fingers. Boy, did those fingers go wild. It also detects pressure, heartbeat, and even when you trade controllers! :D Regardless, let's cut to the chase. So, I was Googling around for some pictures, when I came across this, legitimate, picture:

XboxOne_BF4_F_ESRB_RGB_25.png?cb=294e4ed

Yes, folks. That is the new Xbox One game case, slimmer, and shorter, due to the standard Blu-Ray disc cover size. I don't know aboput you, but I like it. But see, that's not the big find here. On their website, it clearly states: "THE BATTLE BEGINS OCTOBER 29, 2013". Which, obviously means that, that is the release date for the game. But wait, why would a game come out  before an actual console released? Well, it wouldn't. That my friends, would be pure insanity.

So, I've concluded, with some "thinking-juice" (as I like to call it), that Xbox One will be released sometime October. Why is that? Well, there is this evidence right here, that it will be before October 29th (maybe on October 29th). But, Microsoft also stated that Forza Motorsport 5 will also be a launch title.

Now, Forza has a history of releasing on Octobers. One example, is Forza: Horizon which came out sometime October 2012.

But... on Amazon.com it says, before you actually click the item: December 31, 2013. So that is contradictory... Regardless ;So, there you go folks! :D That was my finding, with a hint of KIinect news from Wired Magazine! ;)
     Also, not to mention, some more exclusive footage. Here, we have the Xbox One controller HANDS-ON:
http://www.theverge.com/microsoft/2013/5/21/4353378/hands-on-xbox-one-controller . If you go to the site, scroll down, and there will be a video demo! :D

• Like 2

Some games are released before the system is. Take Nintendo 3DS for example,they released a game or two before the 3DS even came out.  In fact, a few games were. So yes, Sometimes games are released before the the system that they are for is released. :)

• Like 2

The longer you wait to purchase any piece of technology, the better it gets. I JUST bought the Galaxy SIII from Verizon, and exactly 12 hours later, the Galaxy S4 was Released! I was Eligible for a new phone upgrade all the way back when the Galaxy S1 first came out. I waited and got a two generation newer phone. But if I would have waited even longer I could have got a Three generation newer phone.

So I will wait until Microsoft Releases a Cheaper, redesigned, more energy efficient, model of the Xbox One before I buy it. They redesigned the Xbox 360, and gave it a bigger hard-drive, and Kinect, and better controllers, and made it quieter and more Energy efficient, so obviously they will do the same with The Xbox One in the future...

• Like 1

Well, I believe Battlefield 4 is being released on current-gen systems aswell.

So the website you got your information from, may have just been the release date of Battlefield 4, not the Xbox One. I assume Battlefield 4 will be released for current-gen first, then released on next-gen when the consoles are available. I really hope Halo 4 also gets a Xbox One reboot, as I'd hate to stop forging for the next 2 or 3 years until Halo 5 is released on next-gen, because I'll most likely need to trade in the 360 for the money.

Might wanna re-visit that website. I'm still excited for Battlefield 4 though, can't wait to hopefully play it at the EB Games Expo.

• Like 1

Well, I believe Battlefield 4 is being released on current-gen systems aswell.

So the website you got your information from, may have just been the release date of Battlefield 4, not the Xbox One. I assume Battlefield 4 will be released for current-gen first, then released on next-gen when the consoles are available. I really hope Halo 4 also gets a Xbox One reboot, as I'd hate to stop forging for the next 2 or 3 years until Halo 5 is released on next-gen, because I'll most likely need to trade in the 360 for the money.

Might wanna re-visit that website. I'm still excited for Battlefield 4 though, can't wait to hopefully play it at the EB Games Expo.

Note, that it talks about Xbox One specifically on the following link (which is the official site): http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/xbox-one . Now, can you understand how I came to that conclusion? :)

Some games are released before the system is. Take Nintendo 3DS for example,they released a game or two before the 3DS even came out.  In fact, a few games were. So yes, Sometimes games are released before the the system that they are for is released. :)

Oh. I had no idea! ^_^ I didn't know that. I didn't really keep up with Nintendo, so that's why I didn't know... I guess. :D Thanks.

• Like 1

I didn't know that games could be release ahead of systems either until I was browsing GameStop.com at the time and discovered it. So it was new to me as well, once. lol. :) 

And your welcome. :)

Yes, sometimes game titles are released ahead of a console, but not by much. I think this gives us a good ballpark figure. And yes, Battlefield 4 is a multiplatform title, but the date listed was specific for the Xbox one. I still think this is a good find, maybe not a definite date we can go buy the thing, but most likely close...

Yes, sometimes game titles are released ahead of a console, but not by much. I think this gives us a good ballpark figure. And yes, Battlefield 4 is a multiplatform title, but the date listed was specific for the Xbox one. I still think this is a good find, maybe not a definite date we can go buy the thing, but most likely close...

Yeah, that sounds about right. I think the farthest a game is from their system release is about roughly a month. So if the game is release before the system, then there is a possibility that it might be a month later or even better for everyone that wants the game, maybe even released sooner. :)