This is not your Grave...(Unofficial Flood thread)

Silence fills the empty grave, now that I have gone. But my mind is not at rest, for questions linger on. I will ask, and you will answer.

Did you think me defeated? You are machine and nerve, but you are deluded. Your kind thinks to have won the war, but the initial cause of our recent conflict is still a danger you all so blindly ignore. The construct you call Halo, the construct thought to have dug my grave, is still present. One and it's replacement are but dust and echoes, yet hushed whispers linger in abandoned libraries. Shelves and archives still keep fresh the foe your forefathers saw fit to sacrifice themselves to destroy. A fool's gambit, in the end. I am a monument to all of their sins, and my answer is at hand!

Who here would dare deny my existence?

I am a firm believer that the Flood will return. What say you?

I believe there are plenty of possibilities. Remember those creepy Pure forms from Halo 3 that could walk on walls? Perhaps some flood forms reside in the walls and jump out when they detect you nearby. Perhaps some Elite combat forms still have use of their Active Camouflage modules. Maybe even aerial Flood could make an appearance.

Do you want the Flood back? Do you have an idea for the Flood? Let's hear it!

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa
  • Like 2

Considering that big reveal with the Precursor thing in Silentium, I have little doubt that they will return.

And 343 said something about the Didact having a minor role in the other Halos.

My theory is they make a Gravemind, then use a reverse timelock on it to speed up aging, but not enough to kill it. They abort it as soon as the Gravemind turns into a Precursor, which results in the Didact needing to form a truce with Chief to fight it or its forces.

• Like 1

i also firmly believe that the flood will make a return.

1) halo has always had a "third party" to make things interesting, rather than just the human/covenant conflict. Since requiem was destroyed in its collsion with a star, the prometheans are not likely to play a role in future halos. the flood will most likely come to fill in that gap

2) the plot of halo 4 focused somewhat on the history of the forerunners, and they made their first appearance into the game. the Didact is presumed to be dead, and the librarian was destroyed with requiem, so i think this will open an opportunity for precursors to come into the story. I have a hunch that precurors will return to the galaxy, because they were formlerly driven out by the forerunners

3) it has been said that halo 5 will be the "darkest" halo game yet. No doubt that means the flood. Maybe we will even get more of a survival/horror experience

besides opening doorways to a spectacular plot, i think the flood can bring other new opportunities such as the coveted "flood firefight".

Edited by Victory Element
  • Like 2

1.At times there are four factions, actually. I don't think anything prevents the Prometheans from sticking around on the Covenant ships. If they all had some power source linked to Requiem, then there could be Prometheans elsewhere. Since the Sentinels seem to be benign at the moment, and it would be a shame to introduce a full blown new faction then immediately ditch it, I think they'll stay, but the Flood will still show up.

2.Mostly agreed.

3.Yeah, a mix of darker, scarier, survival horror style Flood, and the epic battles against the Covenant we're used to having would be awesome. It could range from fighting infiltration teams of Covenant, to huge battles with the scale of what we saw in Halo Reach, to taking a plunge into the depths of the worst of the Flood.

Flood Firefight would be awesome. I can imagine having so much fun playing that with friends. The frustration of the Flood came from being defeated at their hands and sent to the last checkpoint so frequently. But in a simple horde fighting mode, with friends, they'd be fun beyond belief.

I highly doubt the bane of my childhood nightmares (yes as a child the flood scared the crap out of me  <_<) will return. This is because the other flood forms are stored on the other Halos under lock-down and containment, whilst containment has been broken on Installation 04 and 05 I highly doubt it would be broken again. Namely because the UNSC Infinity has been assigned to find the other installations and seeing as the crew would have witnessed the flood first hand, on the ark or voi or any of the installation's previously mentioned. Also don't forget the War Games simulation.  I'm not saying it's impossible just implausible. Sorry.  :hope:  

Maybe they'll return as the "infected" in Halo 5's infection  :ermm: