music production

Victory Element

I have recently been exposed to a lot of music and I have become interested in producing my own audio. The field is very intriguing to me, and I would like to see what I am capable of as an amateur.

I was hoping to get a recommendation for music production software that I can download. Yes, I can always just search this on google, but I wanted to see if anyone here in the community has any prior experience. Something free would be prefect, but I would prefer more than just a trial version of a program. I would specifically be trying to produce hip hop beats if that detail is of any importance

*just some prior experience with this field

please don't recommend Audacity. me and that program just don't get along. Also, I have worked with the FL studio trial. I figured it out easily, but it just doesn't allow me to save any work that is not finished. I can only save once I have completed an entire beat or else I lose the file

Fruity Loops by FAR. It's easily the best music creating program that Windows offers. If you're actually serious about the hobby, crack it illegally. Or go buy it I recommend, the trial isn't much to work with and limits you in so many ways.

As the oldest question goes and even though you said you easily figured out FL already, you haven't. There are many other features you probably haven't used yet.

FL Studio is a professional DAW that you're already getting into. But since you're using windows which doesn't support Garageband, you might as well go with FL Studio to go on making musics and stuff like that.

Or you can find another DAW because FL Studio can take a while to TOTALLY master it, take me for example. I've gotten better at it by far.

(One of my latest projects)

Untitled-1_zpsa18a835a.png

Since you're looking for hip-hop eats then it'll probably look like this except a more steady baseline envelope, this was a wobbly baseline which makes the wubs for dubstep.

But, hey if you said you have figured it out already which some of the bigshots I've known said they've taken quite a while to do it, then I'd get FL Studio in which you can buy the Fruityversion which I think is around 100$

I have the producer edition which is 200$

Then of course once you get the software and you've made a song but you want more, there's VSTs/plugins which expands it by adding new effects and samples. Some of them cost money like Absynth 5, and Nexus which proves to be the most worthy to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVewaro7TnY&feature=youtu.be

And that is the short part of it