A Covenant Only Halo Game

AndrewSep7

I've thought about this topic a lot and wondered if bungie ever considered this, but I doubt 343 would even dare working on a game like this because it seems like they're to lazy to create a broad storyline in detail along with a long campaign. Now there are many aspects that could be added to this idea so please share anything that would enhance the halo experience. This concept of "covenant only" could be just as popular as the master chief halo games. It would give a true and new feel to halo that is much different... instead of as it is portrayed now, basically a continuous storyline and in my opinion the promethians are too simple and have an easy and poor design have ideas of the campaign consisting of a players choice of playing as one of the main covenant species such as brutes, elites, grunts or jackals maybe even the hunters. If I could create this game each species would posses their own style of vehicles and aircraft that compensate for their sizes, and they would also have new weapons from small unique plasma pistols, to grenade & rocket launchers, sniper rifles, plasma mortars, various spike guns and grenades also.The campaign ideas I have are numerous, such as a look into the past before the covenant and humans discovered each other, back in history to a time where many covenant species could be at war with each other and even cause certain species to go extinct these older covenant could even have less advanced technology which would give an excuse for completely different armor, weapons and vehicles to be designed. Or a different storyline could be a time where the covenant are struggling to combat with a flood epidemic on their home planets. Another storyline would be the more original concept with the current war against humans but obviously only from the covenant perspective. Other additional ideas would be for your allies not be so weak and actually survive more often, more hand to hand combat, more interactive objects and reactive backgrounds such as explosions causing anything to fall, buildings to crumble, and enemy bodies to explode or lose limbs. I have other new ideas like playing special missions with your choice of a different alien army factions like a version of covenant navy, air force or tactical teams. I hope this topic will inspire someone to an actual consideration for designing a halo game similar to this and like I said please share if anyone has any other good suggestions

• Like 1

I think it would be interesting to tell the story of Halo: CE, Halo 2 and/or Halo 3:ODST from an Elite's perspective. An ideal character would be Rtas Vadam (the Shipmaster or to some, Splitjaw) or Thel Vadam (the Arbiter), but if ODST is included it would more than likely need to include another Elite, perhaps one that would die in that part of the game. Imagine playing as the Shipmaster trying to contain the Flood on the Covenant ship in CE, then skip ahead to his endeavors to fight the Flood and later, the Brutes, all the way up to when he is reunited with the Arbiter before the assault on Installation 05's control room. Then, having unlocked the story of how an Elite patrolling New Mombasa, killing UNSC forces (including ODSTs) until the Brutes in the area are given the order to kill the Elites, and then trying to survive (possibly with the help of a lone ODST or two). Eventually, this can end by the Elite sacrificing himself to buy the ODST(s) time to escape, thus giving a sense of sympathy and success. An interesting plot point would be that this ODST could be Veronica Dare before she locked herself up in Data Hive in the ODST campaign. That could certainly make for an interesting addition to the already unique and captivating story of Halo 3: ODST...

Now that I reflect on that idea... It would be interesting to see how such a sacrifice would affect Dare along the lines of her opinions toward the Elites. Her being an ONI "spook" means that she may be involved in the plot to fuel the Elite civil war by giving the Storm Covenant weapons and then offering help to the Arbiter's forces. If she only found out about this plot, how do you think she would react to it? Would she defect and (as many people have thought that Master Chief has done the same) do her part to help set things right? I would love to see the return of Veronica Dare, especially if she became a dynamic character, similarly to how many view the Master Chief's situation in Halo 5 to be his realization that he shouldn't always follow orders. Maybe they're both starting to learn that just because you are given the order, doesn't mean its the right thing to do, nor something that you should do...

• Like 3

A Covenant campaign wouldn't be a bad thing. It's a shame that was missed out on Wars.

However, 343 are creating a much larger story, with books linking to the campaign for once. Not isolated stories. And you haven't noticed every level being significantly longer than the levels in the other games (most of them)

• Like 2

A Covenant campaign wouldn't be a bad thing. It's a shame that was missed out on Wars.

However, 343 are creating a much larger story, with books linking to the campaign for once. Not isolated stories. And you haven't noticed every level being significantly longer than the levels in the other games (most of them)

you're a genius a game called halo wars: the covenant :D

I personally liked Halo Wars, but feel that an FPS game would be the best take on this kind of project. Imagine 343i using the SABERed Engine (the one they used to make CEA) to bring back setting from Halo 1, 2, and ODST to modern graphic standards, as well as build off of it. They would obviously need to add more than what we've already traversed in the previous titles, but I'd like to see a few places I would recognize from the previous campaigns. Allow your Elite to have Active Camouflage, like in Halo 2, and see how he fares against the patrolling Brutes in New Mombasa. Then, maybe the big sacrifice would be to disengage Active Camo, get the Brutes' attention, and allow Dare to escape before succumbing to them (after the Elite and Dare have been working together for a time, of course).