if you(343) is going to make the next halo can you please...

Infinite LuLz

at least discuss to add any of these things:

-dual wielding

-elite customization

-epic campaign that is fun to play again and again with your friends, you can make this one absolute

-higher jump height than in reach

-make multiplayer in a way that gives a guarantee to skilled players that they would win, but still fun for average players

-make good results for team-play, but still make very skilled players capable of killing a whole team of four on their own without any power weapons

-make a ranking system that allows people to rank all the way to the top without playing 24/7

-and please, if you are gong to include armor lock make it a bit weaker

I know you next game is going to be awesome anyway

A lot of fans have doubts and concerns about the franchise being passed on to you guys but I as a fan and as an aspiring video game designer have a lot of faith that you guys can even improve on certain things that bungie got wrong.

For example their ODST game, alot of fans were left very dissapointed with the title but they seem to forget that it started out as an expansion pack, it wasnt meant to be a full game. But there were a lot of things that Bungie could have done to make the game just as good as all the other halo games.

I think this would be a good area for you guys to start, ever since halo 3 odst, the fans have lost their fanaticism for the once badass helljumper, if you guys can rescue the humble awesome ODST and restore him to his former glory I think it would show the fans that the franchise is in good hands. Once the fans see this you'll have their attention and can then create the ultimate halo experience that no one could ever imagine. That and I was expecting a little bit more from the ODST game myself as well.

Here's a short formula of what I was expecting from their ODST game:

Squad based strategy gameplay.

You can choose to play FPS or over the shoulder view. You play as Gunnery Sgt Axel Maverick, leader of a black ops unit of ODSTs.

Youd have the ability to give your squad commands as a unit like 'fall back', 'hold position', 'cover fire' or you can select a specific squadmate to give him more specific commands like providing sniper fire or flank right.

New vehicles, water based vehicles, at least one or two more aerial vehicles and at least one more ground vehicle for more variety.

When playing co-op you can select a specific character to play as, keep the local 4 player co-op.

And all the weapons ever created in the Halo franchise from the MA5B in halo 1 tothe DMR and target locator including some new ones like LMGs some different variations of SMGs, battle rifles, pistols and assault rifles and other weapon types that already exist.

If I were you guys I'd keep constant contact with Eric Nylund for ideas on do's and don'ts, that way you dont mess up the story line like they did with Halo reach.

As a fan I know for a fact that if I were to add something to the halo formula it would be variety, a bigger arsenal of weapons, a bigger arsenal of vehicles and yes I dare say it, a bigger variety of armor customization.

I do agree with the guys above, a longer campaign with more epic scale warfare, dual wielding should come back with certain weapons at least.

If I were you guys I'd keep constant contact with Eric Nylund for ideas on do's and don'ts, that way you dont mess up the story line like they did with Halo reach.

yeah dude i agree bungie really mest up the story of how cheif got cortana and how the spartans died on reach

Not just that but the dates of the invasion of reach, the presence of the spartan IIIs, there werent supposed to be ANY spartan IIIs on reach at all. When they first announced halo reach i was so stoked for it man, i freaken screamed like 5 year old schoolgirl, I was hoping to be playing as the other SPARTAN IIs, like fred and kelly and the rest of the gang you know. I mean the story of Halo First Strike is a certified epic bestselling game if done right and bungie ignored it like bad spinach at a dining table. I was so pissed when I first found out about the storyline and the origin of the characters of halo reach, I almost cancelled my preorder.

Fortunately for them, they made up for it in the multiplayer, forge and firefight so the game was still very good, it just still ticks me off that the game could have been monumentally much better and it would have been so easy.

• 2 weeks later...
i agree ! especially with the ranking system, campaign, and dual wielding i don't know how many times I will win a fight if i had double the weapons. And I would also like a campaign that is about 15hrs of total gameplay that would be kick-ass.

i agree but make more ranks like maybe seventy instead of fifty like reach

i do not agree about the skilled player always wins thing though

Here are some things I want 343Industries to consider for the next halo:

-ability to set objects in motion in forge

-ability to erase all of a certain object without having to look at it in forge

-more objects in forge

-bring back all weapons (flamethrower, etc.)

-ability to fuse objects in forge

-flexible objects in forge

-ability to rewind in theater

-be able to take hunter weapon off

-be able to play as more aliens (at least brute)

-all characters are customizable

-be able to spawn pelicans, phantoms, seraphs, etc.

-easier to level up

-be able to use fists

-be able to make enemies and animals in forge

-different types of play (such as one where you play as a hunter or a grunt)

-variety of forge world type maps

-more easter eggs

-be able to sprint without armor ability

-be able to pick up things

-a type of play where you can just mess around with properties and weapons and such

-put in a new type of alien

-new spartan type (in some types of play)

-make retro parts of the games available (such as unlocking halo 1 and 2 maps and extras)

-bring (hidden in level) skulls back

-make new guns as the following

weapon that fires electricity, weapon that disintegrates, beam turrets, moar lazars, use your imagination OK

-drivable scarab

-walking vehicle (like a mini scarab)

-be able to swim

-boat vehicles (for all sides)

-equivalents for all weapons on each team (ex: sword(elites)=gravity hammer(brutes)=human melee weapon(maybe a katana))

That's all for now. I may post more later. You may add. BTW, I am not being a critic, I love halo, I just want to put in some of my ideas too.