Universe Untold

Minuette

This is a story loosely linked to Halo canon. It introduces a species I created while the voices in my head quieted down. The story will switch between 1st and 3rd, just a heads up, you're going to need it.

Universe Untold

"Do you sometimes dream of what else is out there? Something out of the ordinary, I'm not talking about aliens or other planets, I'm talking about other places that are different in many aspects but are the same?"

'This is the UNSC Solstice, does anybody read?' 

Those were the last words I heard or will possibly ever hear, after a random energy surge destroyed one our engines, the A.I started to attack the ship causing it to fall to pieces. I don't know how or why it did the things it did but everything happens for a reason, at least that's what my parents told me before I was taken away. I shouldn't remember them that well, most spartans don't or just ignore it. Isn't it strange though? Being able to survive all of that and there's hardly a scratch on my armor? There is someone always looking out for me isn't there? Not the forerunners but some other being, they watch us from the sky, invisible to everyone. I used to think that was just talk to give other people hopes, now I'm staring to believe it. I gave them a name, Skylars. Fits them, don't you think? Or am I just going insane?

The spartan slammed her helmet against the rock he sat back not looking back at the event that had just unfolded. He knew he a trapped on the god-forsaken rock his ship just crashed into, being the only survivor came with a toll, loneliness. Spartans are trained physically and mentally when they were kidnapped at their young age, sent through years of boot-camp until they face their augmentation which makes them stronger and faster than any normal human being, their bones become near unbreakable but that wasn’t enough. The armor she wore resembled an ODSTs, being a super human, you wanted to not feel so different than the rest. Most spartans hide this very well while others did not.

She stood up, grasping the inside of the helmet before pulling it down over her face to reveal nothing except a gold visor, emotionless. Still shocked of what happened, she briefly grabbed the magnum that somehow survived the fall when she took the plummet from being thrown out one of the airlocks, not the best way to go down. The magnum was a basic silver, pulling out the clip to show that six shots were still left, full mag. She smirked under her helmet

“Least’ I have something left” The spartan mumbled before inserting the clip back into place, her smile faded as she heard a ‘clink!’ She pulled out the clip against and inspected the the case that holds the bullets, satisfied, she repeated the same action only to be met with the same result. Now furious, she threw the pistol against the rock, cracking it. The pistol fell down, now in pieces. Amazed at how easily the rock broke, the spartan walked up to it and proceeded to kick it, resulting in another chunk of rock fell off this time hitting a tree, nearly collapsing it. Something was up

“Rider, scan this rock here for anything unusual” The spartan said out loud, kneeling next to the rock. She picked up a piece of it, looking more closely, it seemed to be more smooth than any other rocks she’d seen even though it didn’t really matter, it intrigued her.

“Nothing seems wro- wait” Rider paused for what seemed like minutes until responding again “This rock has half the molecular count than a normal or ‘realistic’ rock if you want to put it that way, it seems that they are more spread out to resemble a shape of a normal rock” Rider finished, the spartan tapped her finger against the rock creating tiny cracks, she got up and placed her foot on top of the rock “I don’t think t-” Rider was cut off by a loud cracking sound “-hat would be a good idea” He finished his sentence only to be left viewing the almost obliterated rock “Vinyl, I trust you not to go around breaking every rock you see?”

“Keeping a promise isn’t my strong suit” Vinyl turned to look at the tree that had been hit by one of the chunks of rock that flew off “Can you say the same for this tree?” Vinyl placed her hand on the trunk of the tree and pushed ever so slightly forward on the already leaning tree, the sound of wood splitting filled her already muffled eardrums as it fell over and collided with another tree which caused some sort of a domino effect

“We can now say the same for the trees and possibly every other object on this planet” Rider finished his statement with some sort of depressed attitude “Wonder what ONI would do if they found out something like this” Rider mused

“Do you have a feeling that the gravity is a bit lighter than you would expect?”

//Chapter still in progress, count this as a preview and/or an early edit\\

• Like 1