Quick Question About Pitching a Tent

Onsokumaru

Honestly, this is where I became Neutral to 343 Industries. You do not promote camping, it's all ready bad enough.

I highly disagree with this achievement, including the part where it's worth so much gamerscore. I'd say this achievement

should be rated 5 G not 40 G. :nono:

Honestly, this is where I became Neutral to 343 Industries. You do not promote camping, it's all ready bad enough.

I highly disagree with this achievement, including the part where it's worth so much gamerscore. I'd say this achievement

should be rated 5 G not 40 G. :nono:

You're definitely right about that. I really felt like a **** trying to stay still for this achievement... And when I got it, it really didn't feel like I achieved anything at all :P

God, the one that I was most ecstatic about getting was "Protect This House" though. That should have been worth more points. 

• Like 1

The most important part about pitching a tent is that you do not pitch your tent on a hill. It won't end well, especially if you sleep perpendicular to the direction of the hill's downward slope.

Another important tidbit about pitching a tent is that you waterproof it. The worst thing you can wake up to while camping, aside from wildlife raiding your food, is that aggravating drip on your head. Also, take some sort of bug repellent with you. Bugs bugging you in the night is no fun at all.

As for the achievement, it's one of those funny achievements that shouldn't be worth a lot of gamerscore, like the achievement for watching the credits in Duke Nukem Forever. They purposely dragged the credits out so people would watch them to get a paltry 5G.

• Like 1

From what I remember, getting this achievement only requires you to stand in one spot for the 60 seconds. I tried to get this so many times crouching (so I didn't appear on the radar) and it didn't work. I got it during a King of the Hill match on Vertigo. Seeing as how the focus is on the hill and not on the kills you get, find a corner of the map and just stand still. I've read that it can take up to 90 seconds in some cases to unlock.

Also worth pointing out that the game seems to detect ANYTHING as a movement, which cancels the timer, so if you're going for this, put the controller down. Stick the kettle on or something, just don't pick up the pad until you get the achievement. Let me know if that helps you out in any way :)

• 2 weeks later...
You're definitely right about that. I really felt like a **** trying to stay still for this achievement... And when I got it, it really didn't feel like I achieved anything at all :P

God, the one that I was most ecstatic about getting was "Protect This House" though. That should have been worth more points.

Very true! I finally got it for assassinating the ball carrier UNDER the goal on Haven. That one was a *****, but I finally got it.

• 1 month later...