The Halo Conquest 343i Card Contest!

Buns

Heyo everyone so I have some exciting news
Recently me and a couple other talented fellows have been at work brainstorming the rules for Halo Conquest(A fanmade Halo card game essentially)
Since the goal of a project is to create a card game that all Halo fans can enjoy! I've decided it will be a great idea to include the community in it too!

Now let's get right to it here are the following cards you can design
Units - UNITS!!!
Instants - Cards that can be played during either players turn, and can be offensive/defensive
Ordinances - Work as enchantments/buffs
Spells - We need a better name for this type of card people it’s the year 2552

And here are the following factions you could design cards for
UNSC
Covenant(This includes Storm covenant as well)
Flood
Forerunners
If we didn't include you wanted to use such as Hertics or Innies please feel free to create it. But it MUST be a faction in Halo lore

I'll let all of you start designing the card of your dreams, but out of all them the Units are the only one with a certain criteria 
ALL Units have a  Health stat that is going to range from 1-20. 1 for something like a flood infection form 20 for a scarab. Sadly we have not solidified how units are going to work if you have any suggestions feel free to let us know! Also ALL units have an attack/defense stat. Try to balance them, a unit with a high attack should have a low defense(Also attack/defense could range from 1-10) Now this is optional. Some units can have a "special ability" For example: When Master Chief comes into play all UNSC units get "morale boost" which increases their attack, or when Promethean Watcher comes into play all forerunner units gain +2 shield(Shield is basically added health if the unit was attacked it would first take away points from the shield then health)

Now that is explained the deadline for all your card submissions is October 31st 
We might pick more then one winner, basically we are going to pick the cards we like.
Also something else that is very important. If we like your card it MAY be modified/balanced. This might be bound to happen if we change game mechanics.
HEY WAIT ALSO. Be creative as you want heck we're going to have a Red Vs Blue deck in this game so if you want to create some Halloween themed cards or ODSTS that have an obsession with wearing somberos go ahead. We just want it to make sense *kind of*  We will NOT accept anything like a "shapeshifting elite that is actually a flying lizard" It needs to at least fit with the Halo lore. If you want to include cards based off a fanfiction you made thats fine. 

Now without further ado let me show you an example of what to submit. You do not have to submit any artwork but if you want too go ahead. Be creative!

Card type: Land Unit  (Also if it is a unit specify if it is land/air/water/space) 
Card Name: 343i Bot
Faction: Forerunner
*HP(if it is a unit): 20
*Attack/Defense(if it is a unit): 10/1
Effect(Remember for units this is optional): When 343i Bot is played on the field all units are doomed to fail because iBot rules all.(Don't be a 343i Bot)
A nifty description of the card: I made this as an example lololol 343i Bot sucks lololol

Hopefully I made myself somewhat clear I had to do this in somewhat of a rush...... Also if your card gets accepted we will properly give you credit!

Good luck everyone! Get creative. Get smelly. Get........ I don't know anymore........

We are in no way associated with Microsoft or 343i Studios. This is completely fanmade and will be FREE to everyone. This is just for fun!
Also since I don't want to add to the wall of text
The people working on this project are as follow
Bnus
Church
BecokingZebra 
Astronautics7
ZaidZilla(My friend who is the only one not on the forum)

• Like 1

If you want I can try to help you with the balancing..

Edit: Also.. For your "Spells" why not just make it "Weapons" and have different available weapons.. Like.. (can't believe I'm getting this in depth) You have a Master Chief Card in your hand but if you play him without a "Weapon/Spell" he will only have melee attacks.. So.. You could mix and match weapons for different damage.. 

Edited by Zaguroth

So this would essentially be a Halo version of Magic the Gathering? It surely does sound rather interesting. I'll let you know if I can think of anything worth contributing to the project.

Ehhh it does take a few elements from Magic. But it also takes elements from YuGiOh, Scrolls, and Hearthstone. I hope I can see you contribute thank you!

Units could function by means of a population limit of 25 personnel, or a maximum of eight units could be on the field at once, whichever limit is reached first. Larger units such as Scarabs could occupy 9 personnel, which would allow for a maximum of two Scarabs on one side of the field while also taking gameplay into account. A player has never had to battle more than two Scarabs simultaneously. This would also allow for smaller support units such as Ghosts or Choppers, which were also present in Scarab fights.

If you're building a computer program for this card game, I have a few ideas for battle mechanics which determine accuracy and damage. But if not, then I will not disclose them here.

With that being said, here's my card:

Onyx Sentinel

Forerunner

HP

Attack/Defense

3/3

Personnel Occupied (if personnel concept is used)

Effect

If this Onyx Sentinel does not have at least 5HP, this effect cannot be activated. This Onyx Sentinel may combine with up to two other Onyx Sentinels to operate as a single stronger unit. When combining Onyx Sentinels, add up each Sentinel's current HP and Attack and Defense stat, and apply each stat to the combined Sentinel. Once combined, the new Sentinel cannot separate into its component Onyx Sentinels.

Description

A vicious protector of a Shield World, Onyx Sentinels are capable of decimating Covenant fleets effortlessly. After the Battle of Onyx, it is unknown how many Onyx Sentinels are left.

• Like 1

Card Name: Ring Activation

Card Type: Instant

Faction: Forerunner, I guess

Effect: Destroy all sediment life. (Destroy all units)

Card Name: Dr. Catherine Halsey

Card type: Unit

Faction: UNSC

Effect: When Dr Halsey is deployed, search your library for a Spartan card, reveal it, and put it in your hand.

Attack: 2  Defense: 2  HP: 7

Card Name: Grunt Sacrifice

Card type: Instant

Faction: Covenant

Effect: Sacrifice a grunt unit, deal damage equal to its attack plus 4 to target unit.

Card Name: Gravemind

Card type: Unit

Faction: Flood

Effect: At the beginning of your turn, deploy a 1/1 flood unit token with 3 HP onto the battlefield.

Attack: 2  Defense: 8 HP: 16

Card Name: Knighthood

Card Type: Ordinance

Faction: Promethean

Effect: Attach Knighthood to target unit, the unit becomes a 5/5 promethean Knight with 10 HP and loses all effects.

Card Name: Cryrosleep

Faction: UNSC

Effect: Prevent all damage dealt to and dealt by target unit this turn. It may not use any effects this turn.

Card Name: Last One Out

Card Type: Ordinance

Faction: None

Effect: At the end of your turn, if your have no units on the battlefield, return one unit from your graveyard to your hand.

Card Name: Get the Lights

Effect: End the game. Once this card has been played, no other effects can occur.

• Like 1

YOU HERE THAT?

DON'T BE A 343iBOT! 343iBOT IS BAD! BAAAAD

Card type: Instant 
Card Name: Spirit Burst of honor
Effect: Only usable on Sangheili and Human cards. When a Human/Sangheili has 1 HP remaining, offers one free attack instantly that does double damage.

A nifty description of the card: 343i Bot sucks lololol

• Like 1

We're avoiding the whole unit limit but I do appreciate the suggestion. We have a similar system that is being worked out but I very much like this card. Didn't even think of it thank you for the submission! ^_____^

Great submissions so far everyone! Thank you for taking the time to do this. I like all of them so far hopefully the others do as well. 

I edited out what you wrote so it doesn't take so much space. 

Bubble Shield

Instant

Effect

Select one unit on your side of the battlefield. Any attacks targeting that unit are negated until the start of your next turn.

Enforcer

Aerial Forerunner

HP

Attack/Defense

5/7

Effect

This unit cannot be recruited (or whichever term you're using as Yugioh's summoning) if there are no Flood units on the battlefield. If this card attacks a vehicle, double its attack until the end of the turn.

Description

A massive war machine, Enforcers are brought into battle only when the situation on an installation is dire.

• Like 1

Bubble Shield

Instant

Effect

Select one unit on your side of the battlefield. Any attacks targeting that unit are negated until the start of your next turn.

Enforcer

Aerial Forerunner

HP

Attack/Defense

5/7

Effect

This unit cannot be recruited (or whichever term you're using as Yugioh's summoning) if there are no Flood units on the battlefield. If this card attacks a vehicle, double its attack until the end of the turn.

Description

A massive war machine, Enforcers are brought into battle only when the situation on an installation is dire.

Both are really great thanks again for the awesome submissions dude! I like the effect on the Enforcer too. 

• Like 1

Both are really great thanks again for the awesome submissions dude! I like the effect on the Enforcer too. 

I do have a knack for this sort of thing. I've got a Halo-themed Hero Quest in the works (it's like D&D only in board game form), as well as a Super Mario World and Final Fantasy hacks AND an original project under construction too. :D

I guess it helps that I've played quite a bit of Yugioh back in the day, eh?

I do have a knack for this sort of thing. I've got a Halo-themed Hero Quest in the works (it's like D&D only in board game form), as well as a Super Mario World and Final Fantasy hacks AND an original project under construction too. :D

I guess it helps that I've played quite a bit of Yugioh back in the day, eh?

I love YuGiOh great card game. I've seen Hero Clicx(Reminds me of Halo Action Clicx) at card shops before always wondered what those are. Good luck with all your projects!

I love YuGiOh great card game. I've seen Hero Clicx(Reminds me of Halo Action Clicx) at card shops before always wondered what those are. Good luck with all your projects!

I don't actually have the Hero Clicx, I've got some Halo Mega Blok figures which can hold objects designed for regular Lego people as well.

And thanks! The hacks are on hold right now, as I want to try and finish my original game within the next year or two. It's tough, though.