Amazing Balanced Weapon Ideas

Kazadure

some of you may know i did a post about halo game ideas so now i am doing Balanced Weapon ideas.

Here they are i came up with them all myself

Spike Cannon: just like the plasma cannon and machine gun turret but does equal damage to shields and health

Needle Cannon: takes more needles to detonate than than the needler and does slightly less damage but it does suppress enemies

Spike Rifle: just like the covenant carbine but fires spikes and does less damage but it has a larger ammo capacity

Spike Sniper: Heavy brute sniper that fires spikes only has 2 spikes per clip and 6 reserve spikes. Is a one hit kill from chest up if fired from a distance.

Flame Gun: is like an assault rifle but has a few less ammo in its clip size and a longer reload speed. It sets enemies on fire for every X number of shots and the fire does damage over time

Needle grenade: you can only have one at a time it is a grenade that either attacks a single unit or fires single needles into a group this is perfect for suppression.

Promethean Sword: it is a 2 hit kill weapon with a longer range for lunging than the energy sword.

Sticky Carbine: a weapon like the needle rifle but belongs to the UNSC. Whenever a bullet lands on an enemy you can detonate to cause little damage. Shooting the target does no damage. Gun is semi-auto

Crossbow: Long range weapon with scope it is not explosive and is a one hit kill from chest up but doesnt have much ammo

Bow: Hard to use. Uses plasma arrows. Takes a bit to get fully drawn. is one hit kill from head only but causes bleeding damage everywhere else. 2 hit kill everywhere else

Needle Knuckles: Short range melee weapons. when you melee needles come out targeting nearby players. is one hit kill

Spike Knuckles: Short range melee weapon. When you melee spikes shoot out from all directions stunning enemies for a quick second. Is one hit kill

Support Rifle: has high ammo capacity and clip. doesnt do much damage.has covenant carbine fire rate. Enemies shot get slightly pushed back

Combat Rifle: Low ammo clip. has DMR fire rate. heavy damage. Has no scope.

Some of these may be terrible but it is halo i think all of these could work out please tell me what you think whether it be criticism or praise :) 

Things like the Needle, Spike Knuckles, bow/crossbow do really have a place in Halo in my opinion. I like the idea of the Spike Rifle. Love the Carbine and how the brute weapons look a mix would be pretty cool. 
As neat as some of these ideas are adding too many weapons to Halo becomes difficult to balance. I mean 343i had enough problems balancing the starting weapons in Halo 4.  Although I would love to see the next Halo have a huge arsenal of weapons. 

I'll go down the list. Beware, there's a tonne of flaws.

Spike Cannon - Needs to be more unique. No point in having a turret the exact same as the others, just re-skinned.

Needle Cannon - Needle Rifle from Halo: Reach.

Spike Rifle - Needle Rifle from Halo: Reach.

Spike Sniper - Doesn't sound much different from the Binary Rifle.

Flame Gun - One of the only ideas that sounds good to me.

Needle Grenade - Spike Grenade from Halo 3?

Promethean Sword - Pretty neat idea. Halo should have another melee weapon, and I thought of this as soon as I saw the Halo 4 demonstrations.

Sticky Carbine - Sounds pretty useless in my opinion.

Crossbow - Lots of issues. Sounds the same as the Binary, again. There shouldn't be so many one-hit kill weapons. It also doesn't suit Halo at all. In the year 2557, you're up against the Covenant and other Spartans, in space. There wouldn't be any point in a crossbow, with things like Sniper Rifles around.

Bow - Somewhat of a nice idea, but similar issues to the above. This worked well in Crysis 3, but Crysis is set on Earth, not other foreign Planets.

Needle Knuckles - Silly idea.

Spike Knuckles - Silly idea.

Support Rifle - Absolutely no point. This isn't Battlefield, where suppression has somewhat of an effect. Nobody would ever want to use this weapon, ever. Suppression wouldn't work, if everyone knows that this is a weak pea-shooter.

Combat Rifle - Just a DMR without the scope...?

I'm sorry, but I'm just being realistic. Most of these just don't work.

• Like 1

Things like the Needle, Spike Knuckles, bow/crossbow do really have a place in Halo in my opinion. I like the idea of the Spike Rifle. Love the Carbine and how the brute weapons look a mix would be pretty cool. 

As neat as some of these ideas are adding too many weapons to Halo becomes difficult to balance. I mean 343i had enough problems balancing the starting weapons in Halo 4.  Although I would love to see the next Halo have a huge arsenal of weapons. 

thanks and yeah i know having too much would be a problem but i would love the bow and crossbow and it was hard balancing all these but i did it :)

Spike Cannon - Needs to be more unique. No point in having a turret the exact same as the others, just re-skinned.

Promethean Sword - Pretty neat idea. Halo should have another melee weapon, and I thought of this as soon as I saw the Halo 4 demonstrations.

Crossbow - Lots of issues. Sounds the same as the Binary, again. There shouldn't be so many one-hit kill weapons. It also doesn't suit Halo at all. In the year 2557, you're up against the Covenant and other Spartans, in space. There wouldn't be any point in a crossbow, with things like Sniper Rifles around.

Bow - Somewhat of a nice idea, but similar issues to the above. This worked well in Crysis 3, but Crysis is set on Earth, not other foreign Planets.

Support Rifle - Absolutely no point. This isn't Battlefield, where suppression has somewhat of an effect. Nobody would ever want to use this weapon, ever. Suppression wouldn't work, if everyone knows that this is a weak pea-shooter.

thank you i appreciate your honesty the MAIN one i want is the bow it just fits in and seems awesome to have  anyway thanks for honesty :)

I agree. The Spike Rifle does sound like a brute carbine and brute weapon desgins + carbine= Basically brute needle rifle which can't be that bad right? 

Does the Battle Rifle, and the DMR be balanced weapons?

we really dont know kind of because DMR does good damage but slow fire rate and is accurate wand is long range

where as battle rifle does medium damage but with medium range and has good fire rate with medium accuracy

SOZ too many ANDS :)