I want to play as brutes

Kazadure

I think the main problem was that Brutes do not have recharging energy shields, just a set of power armour. Once that's gone, they're vulnerable to a headshot or can be put down with a single melee. It's the same story with Elites and Spartans, but their shields recharge if they live through a fight. Brutes do not have regenerating armour.

But I like the idea. It would be interesting to play as other Covenant species instead of just Elites. Each one certainly has their own niche in the grand scheme of their alien war machine, and multiplayer gametypes surrounding each species would make for interesting gameplay. Who wouldn't like to see a Jackal in a fistfight against a Brute, or Grunty CTF?

• Like 1

I can't see it happening. The HUD would need a completely different appearance. I think they should just stick to Spartans and Elites. If they try to make Brutes, they might mess something up and get a lot of hate like they did with Halo 4. I see Halo 4 as a good game though. Don't get me wrong, playing as a brute would be awesome, especially with their armour. I just don't want 343 to mess up.

• Like 1