What Halo needs

Assassinaded

I think what halo needs is  ......

1 A good friendly community

Lolno

2 A mix or hardcode and causal players  

There is. It's just that hardcore players flame the casuals which make the casuals leave.

3 A 1 to 50 or even 1 to 100 ranking system

Opinionated. 

4 Good and balanced maps

Opinionated.

5 And finally balanced weapons

Opinionated.

This community is a great example of what other communities could become we just need to give them time maybe in a few years waypoint will not be the mess it is now halo 3 had a good community so why cannot halo 5 ?

A hard-core community was what kept halo 3 good for so long

The 1 to 50 was one of the best things about halo 3 and was what kept some many people playing it for a long time

Good and balanced maps are one of the keep grounds to a good game if they maps are bad well there is not much point in playing muilplayer now is there if the maps are bad

Balanced weapon's can make or break a game take out good ol friend the boltshot for example :)

• Like 1

Rank, agreed. Descope and dedicated servers, agreed. Assault Rifle being overpowered, ummm how? It has very limited range. If you have a Battle Rifle or any other precision weapon, then use it correctly by killing your enemies at a distance. It's not that the AR is overpowered, it's that you are not using your weapons right. Simple.

This community is a great example of what other communities could become we just need to give them time maybe in a few years waypoint will not be the mess it is now halo 3 had a good community so why cannot halo 5 ?

A hard-core community was what kept halo 3 good for so long

The 1 to 50 was one of the best things about halo 3 and was what kept some many people playing it for a long time

Good and balanced maps are one of the keep grounds to a good game if they maps are bad well there is not much point in playing muilplayer now is there if the maps are bad

Balanced weapon's can make or break a game take out good ol friend the boltshot for example :)

I agree this community is a great example 

Halo 3s community was very invested in H3 and even back then we didn't have these kind of awesome forums

While I don't really agree with 1-50 unless its for ranked playlist only I think we need a Reach Ranking system. Something very very long so people stay on the grind 

Most of the maps were balanced in Halo 4 par from a few exceptions but those are just gamemode specific and 343i has been removing them and making constant changes

The bolshot isn't overpowered I have only died under 50 times but that weapon and that was before the nerf. It is only abused when used with Active Camo which I agree should only be a Armor Ability for custom games. 

I agree this community is a great example 

Halo 3s community was very invested in H3 and even back then we didn't have these kind of awesome forums

While I don't really agree with 1-50 unless its for ranked playlist only I think we need a Reach Ranking system. Something very very long so people stay on the grind 

Most of the maps were balanced in Halo 4 par from a few exceptions but those are just gamemode specific and 343i has been removing them and making constant changes

The bolshot isn't overpowered I have only died under 50 times but that weapon and that was before the nerf. It is only abused when used with Active Camo which I agree should only be a Armor Ability for custom games. 

HMMMMMM !

Maybe in the ranked playlists you have a 1 to 50 and in the social playlists you could have the halo reach system so as you can see it pleased both types of halo players.

Once again I am not saying the maps in halo 4 are bad at all but having good maps is a key to a good halo game.

maybe I typed that boltshot thing wrong what I meant was that think of how many people left halo 4 because of the boltshot being overpowered ( before the super nerf )

:)

HMMMMMM !

Maybe in the ranked playlists you have a 1 to 50 and in the social playlists you could have the halo reach system so as you can see it pleased both types of halo players.

Once again I am not saying the maps in halo 4 are bad at all but having good maps is a key to a good halo game.

maybe I typed that boltshot thing wrong what I meant was that think of how many people left halo 4 because of the boltshot being overpowered ( before the super nerf )

:)

I used Halo 4 as an example silly, and yes I like the ranked/social playlists idea

I mean Halo 4 was very broken at the start now it is much more balanced.

They should patch In a halo 4 firefight mode.

The current gen consoles are at a end so what would be the point halo 4 has lost lots of players already as well halo 5 definitely but 343i should not waste time and resources attempting to put firefight into the game ( If it could even be done ) :)

• Like 2

They should patch In a halo 4 firefight mode.

I don't think they'd spend all that time on Halo 4. It's too late in my opinion. I think that all the time spent on that won't be worth the amount of players they will receive from it. They are trying to spend most of their time perfecting Halo 5. We have to be patient with them. We can't keep asking for things.

• Like 1

I personally like Halo 4's ranking system. Its not like your "Inheritor" and people think your good but tease your terrible efforts. Halo 4 is just a number. And a number can not be judged.

Good point, but I don't like it because of almost no skilled required, and the numbers. The numbers don't seem creative and I don't feel like I've accomplished something when I go up by one number. When I'm promoted to a military rank higher with a new emblem, I feel like I achieved it. It's also far more realistic in my opinion. That's one of the reasons why I liked Halo 3's and Halo Reach's ranks more.

• Like 1

Good point, but I don't like it because of almost no skilled required, and the numbers. The numbers don't seem creative and I don't feel like I've accomplished something when I go up by one number. When I'm promoted to a military rank higher with a new emblem, I feel like I achieved it. It's also far more realistic in my opinion. That's one of the reasons why I liked Halo 3's and Halo Reach's ranks more.

Agreed. Halo 2 did the best job with this in the 1-50 system. A new color for every set of 3 numbers and after level 43, the symbols came into play (crescent moon was 44, all the way up to 50, the Halo itself). Definitely made the ranking system more interesting.

Halo 3 and Reach had the right idea with the XP system, as you mentioned.

Agreed. Halo 2 did the best job with this in the 1-50 system. A new color for every set of 3 numbers and after level 43, the symbols came into play (crescent moon was 44, all the way up to 50, the Halo itself). Definitely made the ranking system more interesting.

Halo 3 and Reach had the right idea with the XP system, as you mentioned.

Thanks. ;) I think 343 know what they are doing now so I'm expecting the ranking system we all want in Halo 5. :)

• Like 1

Your in luck my friend, most of the stuff you said (Minus the crack about the AR being to powerful) is all ready being worked into Halo 5 as we speak! 

60 Frames per second, Dedicated Servers, improved Net-code, larger total player counts like 10 Vs 10 or more, and a bunch of other stuff... (Don't wanna spoil it all for you).

Now about the AR being to strong, that is debatable. And while I respect your opinion and appreciate the feedback, I have to disagree. Sorry, but I just feel that the AR should stay the way it is because it has it's purpose, and to weaken it, would do nothing but make weapon balance worse. That's my take on it. Your welcome to disagree, but I don't want to start a weapon discussion argument here... Lets save that for another place.

:P

I've played Halo multiplayer online since Halo 2, so please don't let my noob status as a member of this forum interfere with what I have to say. I personally agree and disagree that the AR is overpowered. I agree because, in comparison to the other Halo games, the default weapons of Halo 4 deal way too much damage in a short amount of time. I feel like the AR is balanced when considering its damage in comparison to other defaults, but really it feels like all of the defaults are a bit too powerful. The BR is overused and can take you out in a matter of seconds. While fans pleaded and begged for the BR to come back, I feel as if the damage it deals makes it seem like it should've been left out in comparison to the DMR. I know I'll get hate for saying that the DMR is better than the BR in any way shape or form, but the bloom and the damage the DMR dealt made gameplay extremely balanced online. You actually had to be good with the DMR to use it, which I highly appreciated. The BR now can take you out in 3 shots, and anyone can use it. Also, the pacing of combat in Halo 4 is remarkably faster than that of the other Halo games. It feels like a normal shooter now, where if you go out you can expect to get murdered almost instantly. The movement of the Spartans is too fast it seems, and the rate of fire of the weapons and the damage they deal just make the gameplay feel so fast, but not so much in a competitive way, more like an overwhelming way. Truth be told, Team Doubles is far more balanced in my opinion because even though the combat is still fast, the amount of enemies shooting at you at once is inevitably less, therefore making the combat less overwhelming. And again, the overwhelming part of combat is that you can go one on one with someone and kill them, but they've taken your shields down, and with the new automatic respawn system that's been implemented, your enemy can respawn almost instantly, thus giving them the opportunity to kill you before your shields recharge. That type of combat is way too fast and overwhelming. The fun about Halo, to me anyway, is the battle to survive. But that's taken away whenever the weapons, even if they're balanced with each other, can take you out incredibly fast. Whereas a weakness in most FPS' are that the superweapons are overpowered, I feel as if the default weapons are overpowered. The superweapons in Halo 4 are absolutely fantastic, though map placement is a must for Halo 5. And to take away the credibility of everything I've said so far, bring back the dual wielding. I know everyone misses the Plasma Rifle and SMG dual wield. You had to be smart about your weapon choice, which I miss. Sorry this is such a long response.

I find it hard to believe the BR is overpowered I use the Carbine and I still destroy people who use the BR. Unless they get the shot on me first/have better aim but that is all skill based. All the default weapons are very nicely balanced. 

• Like 2

I find it hard to believe the BR is overpowered I use the Carbine and I still destroy people who use the BR. Unless they get the shot on me first/have better aim but that is all skill based. All the default weapons are very nicely balanced. 

Exactly. It just depends on the skill of the player. 343 did a good job of balancing the weapons in Halo 4. Some people just can't accept that they aren't good enough and begin saying that the weapons that are used by other players against them are "overpowered".

Exactly. It just depends on the skill of the player. 343 did a good job of balancing the weapons in Halo 4. Some people just can't accept that they aren't good enough and begin saying that the weapons that are used by other players against them are "overpowered".

I would disagree with this on some levels. The problem with what Bnus said is that "if they get the shot on me first". That's how it is in every FPS except for Halo, or rather, the Halo games before this Halo. Whoever gets shot first is the one who is going to die. In Halo 2 or 3, if you were strategic enough it didn't matter if you got the first shot in or not. A person coming at you close range with a BR, no matter if they shot you first, is going to die if you're strategically dual wielding a Plasma Rifle and SMG. Plasma Rifle takes down shields quickly, SMG puts that armor piercing work in fast. The problem with Halo 4/the default weapons is that if the scenario were the exact same, the person dual wielding would die simply because they were shot at first. The bloom in Halo 4 isn't present enough to determine who was more skill. I remember in Halo: Reach's DMR battles, it hardly ever mattered who shot first, as long as you watched your rectile and were the better rifleman, you came out victorious. The same can't be said for Halo 4. The problem with Halo 4's multiplayer isn't that the weapons are overpowered individually, it's that all the default weapons deal too much damage too quickly and they're all extremely easy to use and require little to no skill. It's not that one default weapon is more powerful than the others, it's that they're all too powerful altogether.

I would disagree with this on some levels. The problem with what Bnus said is that "if they get the shot on me first". That's how it is in every FPS except for Halo, or rather, the Halo games before this Halo. Whoever gets shot first is the one who is going to die. In Halo 2 or 3, if you were strategic enough it didn't matter if you got the first shot in or not. A person coming at you close range with a BR, no matter if they shot you first, is going to die if you're strategically dual wielding a Plasma Rifle and SMG. Plasma Rifle takes down shields quickly, SMG puts that armor piercing work in fast. The problem with Halo 4/the default weapons is that if the scenario were the exact same, the person dual wielding would die simply because they were shot at first. The bloom in Halo 4 isn't present enough to determine who was more skill. I remember in Halo: Reach's DMR battles, it hardly ever mattered who shot first, as long as you watched your rectile and were the better rifleman, you came out victorious. The same can't be said for Halo 4. The problem with Halo 4's multiplayer isn't that the weapons are overpowered individually, it's that all the default weapons deal too much damage too quickly and they're all extremely easy to use and require little to no skill. It's not that one default weapon is more powerful than the others, it's that they're all too powerful altogether.

I think the default weapons are balanced. I guess we all see things differently.

I think the default weapons are balanced. I guess we all see things differently.

I'm not saying they're not balanced. They're all balanced when comparing them all together. But the damage that the balanced state is at is too high and  too fast. Am I making sense now? The weapons are balanced, but that balanced state is too lethal. It's like if two boxers both recieved heavy dosages of steroids. Yes, they're balanced, but in the grand scheme of things, they're still overpowered all together.

I'm not saying they're not balanced. They're all balanced when comparing them all together. But the damage that the balanced state is at is too high and  too fast. Am I making sense now? The weapons are balanced, but that balanced state is too lethal. It's like if two boxers both recieved heavy dosages of steroids. Yes, they're balanced, but in the grand scheme of things, they're still overpowered all together.

I see what you mean, I still don't see them as being too strong though. I'm sure most if not all the ordnance weapons can overpower them.

Halo Community, 343i, Microsoft,

These last couple of weeks I have been looking for a place where it seems like 343i might be reaching out to the community and actually listening. However, I realize that the relationship between game consumer and creator has deteriorated.

Microsoft has forgotten who made Halo popular. Let me remind you. It had NOTHING to do with you. Bungie stumbled upon a great game, and you know what they did? They made it better. Bungie worked with the community. They didn't stray from their roots and I always remember occasionally getting in a game with a Bungie employee or Frankie always making news updates and even see developers in the forums. Not anymore.

In Fact, 343i think they did a good job. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

The community has always been what has supported Halo, hell it even made the Xbox what it is today. The only reason people bought the Xbox was for Halo, have you guys forgotten? Or do you think you did it by being a greedy, power hungry corporation?

Sorry for the rant but this has been built up for awhile. I can say that I am genuinely emotionally attached to Halo. I remember seeing Halo CE when I was like 12 and immediately wanted an Xbox. The rest is history. I probably played Halo 2 Multiplayer since it came out until Halo 3. Countless hours of fun and joy. That is now completely gone from the game. I want nothing more than for 343i to succeed and make a game that will make me want to play but I am so demoralized by their incompetence I don’t even want to buy Halo 5 unless I know there are certain things implicated in matchmaking.

What's even more sad is I am considering switching to PS4, which makes me hurt to even say that.

It really isn't complicated, so stop making it. Games these days are a dime a dozen. Nothing lasts, nothing has true passion in the game anymore. It's all about money and I see it in almost every game I play. I am ashamed in the gaming community for even allowing this to go this far. If I could organize a boycott, I would. So yes, I am now switching my blame to Microsoft. Once they got their dirty little fingers on the game all I could do was sit back and watch it be destroyed little by little. Completely powerless.

In the end, I realize this will hardly be read by anyone even of remote importance, but I digress.

Here are my, (and from what I have read most of the community (by community I mean diehard, played since the beginning fans), suggestions for Halo 4:

These are in no particular order:

1. Who, what, when where and why did anyone think it was a good idea to take out the competitive aspect? After reading this you should immediately go into Halo 4 matchmaking and put IN GAME ranking system. I don’t give two craps about what my guy looks like when I just domed a guy. Getting armor from XP and who can play the longest, really? It is a FPS I cant even see myself. Please, put ranking system back.

2.Maps. The maps were horrible! Maybe one or two that were kind of fun but getting boring very quick because that is all that plays. Then, you have the audacity to make us buy new map packs for maps that already should have been in the game!!! Let me give you guys a business tip: first make us love the game, then we won't have a problem buying anything you throw at us. If you just make crap and then expect us to almost immediately start buying more stuff. You drive everyone away. Now you have A) less money and B ) smaller fan base. Good job.

3. I’m sorry, I will admit that I wanted to see AA. Unfortunately they did not work very well and has driven most everyone away. They need to be severely nerfed. If someone had said to me while playing halo 3: in the future you'll be able to fly and see through walls and have unlimited camo. I would just laugh in their face! It ruined what was Halo, please please please get rid of them. They were cool for a second.

4. Lastly, the weapons. A big WTF. Why is every weapon so strong? I swear I played a game today where everyone had a SAW. That weapon literally is one of the worst things to happen to Halo. Not because of the weapon itself, but because you choose to have it on every map and have it spawn ALL the time. WTF. Another match the sword kept respawing every what seemed like 30 seconds. Literally 4 people were running around with them. I thought I had picked the wrong playlist. Please, less is more. I like the innovation but CONTROL it.

If any of you have actually made it this far, then I am surprised. All I want is 343i to succeed and I want Halo to be popular again. I want to play so much online that I can not get off at night. Where me and my friends keep saying one more game. I want to be able to come home from a long day and enjoy what I am playing, not be frustrated. So please open your eyes, realize what made Halo popular. Go to your roots.

Sincerely,

Frustrated

P.S. I will be posting this in multiple locations in hopes that it gets read by people who can make a difference. I have done my part as a fan. If you want my money in the future, do your part. Also, if anyone has any emails or other ways for going directly to the developing team, please let me know or forward this to them.