Wii U Successful as Next Gen?

Onsokumaru

10 members have voted

1. 1. Wii U successful as Next Gen?

• Yes
    • No

Hello everyone! Onsokumaru here with another question! With Xbox One and PlayStation 4 recently released with major upgrades including upgraded RAM, new memory units, Blu-Ray feature, Resolution and online capabilities, we see this as a new age of Next Gen but let us not forget that the Wii U was released before any of these! The Wii U has been out for a year now and some of you may not own one but let us not forgot what contributions Nintendo gave us! Unlike the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, the Wii U is dedicated for gaming! Sure Xbox One and PlayStation 4 has all these unique features like watching TV, Netflix and Blu-Ray, and the Wii U doesn't, it does feature backwards compatibility so you can play Wii games with a little improved graphics and its fun when you have guests around! Now you be wondering what's the point of this? Like I said, with Xbox and PlayStation joining the Next Gen group do you think the Wii U was a success as a Next Gen or not? Please leave your comments below! And thanks for your time!!   

995916_10151546419686633_202119513_n.png

• Like 4

I personally have to say Yes, while I might not fully enjoy the console. It has upgraded Hardware for the next-gen, and plays Next-Gen games, while the Xbox One and PS4 are more powerful and more... I would say successive in their markets. Nintendo's market is younger, so, the older market may not go for it. It is still part of the Next Gen. I think they played it safe, I want nintendo to make a console... CONSOLE... I don't even consider the Wii a good and true console. So, they are off the hook for now, but, they need a real console.

I would say the Wii u was a failure it was no where near as successful as Xbox one and PS4 for many reasons the terrible marketing at there Nintendo exulives coming out to late and no to mention the thing has the horsepower of a Xbox 360 in 2013. :)

Edited by Ranger447

I would say the Wii u was a failure it was no where near as successful as Xbox one and PS4 for many reasons the terrible marketing at there Nintendo exulives coming out to late and no to mention the thing has the horsepower of a Xbox 360 in 2013. :)

Wow it looks like you have no idea what Nintendo was trying to do well no one did for that matter

Do you honestly seriously think the Wii U is trying to compete with the PS4 or Xbox One? If so you made a good joke. Nintendo did the smart thing and didn't care at all about what MS or Sony did. Do you think they care if the Wii U didnt sell as much as the PS4? No because Nintendo just wants the Wii U to do well which it DID and with amazing exclusives slowly rolling out it will just keep doing better.

Unlike many other developers Nintendo actually took time with 1st party exclusives and you're ragging on them for that? Wow sorry for Nintendo wanting to deliver polished games. I mean who cares if they had terrible marketing? All anyone cares about is that Nintendo is even making worthwhile games on it which they are. 

Was the Wii U terrible? No it wasn't 8th generation has just started it is still too early to say if it actually will but so far it isnt. 

All Nintendo did was a terrible job with marketing but who cares if they took awhile to give us good games?

• Like 1

Wow it looks like you have no idea what Nintendo was trying to do well no one did for that matter

Do you honestly seriously think the Wii U is trying to compete with the PS4 or Xbox One? If so you made a good joke. Nintendo did the smart thing and didn't care at all about what MS or Sony did. Do you think they care if the Wii U didnt sell as much as the PS4? No because Nintendo just wants the Wii U to do well which it DID and with amazing exclusives slowly rolling out it will just keep doing better.

Unlike many other developers Nintendo actually took time with 1st party exclusives and you're ragging on them for that? Wow sorry for Nintendo wanting to deliver polished games. I mean who cares if they had terrible marketing? All anyone cares about is that Nintendo is even making worthwhile games on it which they are. 

Was the Wii U terrible? No it wasn't 8th generation has just started it is still too early to say if it actually will but so far it isnt. 

All Nintendo did was a terrible job with marketing but who cares if they took awhile to give us good games?

Yes I can agree with some of those point but the problems with the Wii u is still many

The gamepad is sort of pointless it is more if a gimmick

The wii u is underpowered  

The wii u har terrible marketing and lets face it the marketing was awfully still to this day most people still have no idea what a wii u is but EVERYONE knows about the wii don't they.

The problem is Nintendo has a year to show people that they should get one but they didn't and only in the past few months have they been trying but by then it was all about the Xbone and PS4

The wii u is a failure of console hands down. :(

If you buy the Wii U you aren't wasting money.

It saddens me to see only 32GB and 64GB variations, but so what?

It plays New Super Mario Bros. which is a game I enjoyed SO much back in the day.

Nintendo is just its own thing. They don't care about good graphics; they just want good games, and they are still trying to innovate in new ways to play. Simple. 3DS was also amazing, how they did it without glasses. :)

P.S. I know Zelda agrees with me. :)

P.P.S I mean Zelda on the forums, not the real "Zelda".

Yes I can agree with some of those point but the problems with the Wii u is still many

The gamepad is sort of pointless it is more if a gimmick

The wii u is underpowered  

The wii u har terrible marketing and lets face it the marketing was awfully still to this day most people still have no idea what a wii u is but EVERYONE knows about the wii don't they.

The problem is Nintendo has a year to show people that they should get one but they didn't and only in the past few months have they been trying but by then it was all about the Xbone and PS4

The wii u is a failure of console hands down. :(

The Wii U underpowered?

It runs CoD Ghosts on 1080p while the X1 doesnt.

The Wii U is an improvement to the Wii and that was the goal of the system

Do you honestly think the Wii U tablet is a gimmick? Really? Seriously? Well good joke it is quite useful shows that you havent used it

Do you know how many people are still picking the Wii U over X1 and PS4? Nintendo already has a hardcore fanbase and not to mention that Nintendo is aiming for the younger market.

The Wii U was not a failure of a console you're just uninformed. 

In terms of numbers, such as sales, no, the Wii U is not as successful as the Xbox One or Playstation 4. It may not have as many features as the other consoles. But, what it lacks in features, it compensates for them with games and the fact that Nintendo always tries to think outside the box.

Motion control couldn't be executed successfully until the Wii came along! 360 and PS3 imitated them and failed HARD. While it wasn't perfect, as in you could just vibrate your hand to throw a baseball in Wii Sports, in the Zelda games, you felt like a boss slashing away at monsters with your sword or drawing your arrow back to get a headshot on some chump way off in the distance. The tablet controller the Wii U has looks odd at first, but the potential to integrate it into games is huge. It might allow RTS games to successfully have a console port alongside a PC version.

• Like 1

With its current games, and future game line-up? Of course! The Wii U has better graphics capabilities than the Xbox 360 and PS3 (Not as much as a PS4 or X1 but still greater none the less). And it has great games now and down the road, so in all honesty, I don't see why not!

Greater graphics and better audio quality than the Xbox 360 and PS3 both of which are still going to have games for the next three years, plus that awesome controller with a screen, and incredible games.... 

Who do you all think has been there for many years? Nintendo! That's right now Wii U not that popular, not as fast, not the great graphics but the Wii U has always provided years and years of entertainments for family and friends!! Now Wii U is not popular on the market but the whole reason why I think it's successful is the way each year Nintendo has always brought a smile on our face in Mario, Legend of Zelda, Super smash bros and Wii Sports! And everyone always focuses on features but not gaming entertainment! And that's why I think the Wii U was successful, because of its year of entertainment. :D

The Wii U underpowered?

It runs CoD Ghosts on 1080p while the X1 doesnt.

The Wii U is an improvement to the Wii and that was the goal of the system

Do you honestly think the Wii U tablet is a gimmick? Really? Seriously? Well good joke it is quite useful shows that you havent used it

Do you know how many people are still picking the Wii U over X1 and PS4? Nintendo already has a hardcore fanbase and not to mention that Nintendo is aiming for the younger market.

The Wii U was not a failure of a console you're just uninformed. 

Here is how I would have done the Wii u then to show how much better it could have been ....

I almost as powerful as a Xbone or a PS4 but enough that It can have some of those next gen games on there ( but it would be awesome if it was as powerful

To put Ads of it everywhere to make sure people know this is the first next gen system out and you need to buy it Ads in papers billboards Tv so everyone knows about it and wants it just like the wii was

Make awesome First party games and make sure they are done so as soon as you get it you have tons of awesome games like Mario and Metroid

I would make some mature games for the older audience so it draws older gamers in

And last but not least I would get as much third party support as I could

That may have cost Nintendo a lot of time and money but in the end would have made a better Wii u and more people would have brought it and so in the end Nintendo makes lots and lots and lots of money. :)

Yes but the majority of gamers are into mature games so in the end that means more money. :)

I have to say I agree with you on that it's true most people like Cod and halo more then Mario kart but they're some people who like those relaxing party games and that's why the Wii U has made its success for being a family console that most parents approve of, and lets face it most parents are forced into buying kids mature games. that's why there was a compromise for a family console and games that are as fun but less violent for the family.

Yes but the majority of gamers are into mature games so in the end that means more money. :)

It doesn't matter.

Nintendo's focus is FAMILY and it has been for YEARS. Get over it you already have consoles that provide more mature experiences some people(like me and some parents) like that Nintendo still focuses on family. They're the only company that provides a good family experience for all ages. 

I would have to say Yes because you can play the original Wii games on it. The Xbox One and Playstation 4 do not have backwards compitability games yet.

The PS4 has a streaming service that will allow you to stream older games but that isn't out yet I believe. The Xbox One will probably never have backwards compatibility so yes that is actually really helpful of the Wii U. 

Here's the thing, The Wii U will do well, but that's mainly due to people buying it for the major Nintendo Exclusives, I.E. Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Super Smash Bros.

But is it next gen? Not really.

In terms of graphics and performance, it's really only catching up to the 360 and PS3, while Microsoft and Sony are stepping up their games when it comes to that particular camp.

So will it be successful as a Next Gen system? No.

Will it make Nintendo a lot of money? Obviously.

Guys, come on. think about all the good things the Wii series gave to us, I mean, they gave us Gears of wa...I mean, they gave us Infamo...um...they gave us Killzo... you know what, forget what I Just said, the Wii hasn't given us anything for sh[INSERT RED TEXT].

Guys, come on. think about all the good things the Wii series gave to us, I mean, they gave us Gears of wa...I mean, they gave us Infamo...um...they gave us Killzo... you know what, forget what I Just said, the Wii hasn't given us anything for sh[INSERT RED TEXT].

No that is wrong. The Wii hasn't given anything to YOU

I loved Super Smash Bros Brawl and the Wii gave me that. The Wii or Wii U hasn't given me the amount of entertainment as the Xbox or PS but why does that matter? It still gave me entertainment. Remember that only applies to YOU not everyone else. 

• Like 1

No that is wrong. The Wii hasn't given anything to YOU

I loved Super Smash Bros Brawl and the Wii gave me that. The Wii or Wii U hasn't given me the amount of entertainment as the Xbox or PS but why does that matter? It still gave me entertainment. Remember that only applies to YOU not everyone else. 

Yea, It gave People SSBB, but name five other games that people actually play, besides any of the COD games, on the system (boom blox counts too).

Yea, It gave People SSBB, but name five other games that people actually play, besides any of the COD games, on the system (boom blox counts too).

Again that is completely flawed and subject to opinion, but I will give you something anyways.

SSBB

Mario Kart Wii

Metroid Prime 3

Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword

Wii Sports

Super Mario Bros Wii.

You know I can list a lot more right? . I listed SSBB because it was the game I played on the Wii the most. 

• Like 1