Killzone shadow fall muliplayer Review

Caboose The Ace

I may do a single player one and then add it on but that's much longer task than this will be hopefully

Campaign will only keep you occupied for so long and then in comes the muilplayer < Ranger447

The muilplayer of killzone or at least the muilplayer has never had a huge Cod or BF fanbase it has always had a small but dedicated one and this is the same for shadow fall but unlike most other games the kiilzone shadow fall muilplayer experience its unique  

Classes

Killzone shadow fall multiplayer has 3 class

scout a sit back sniper class

Assault the toe to toe lone wolf Butt*** Class

Support the most important and the backbone of the team

All of these 3 classes have different roles to play here is them all working as a Team

They are playing beacon retrieval where you have to get a beacon from the Enemy base and get it back to base The battle starts and the assault runs towards the beacon he shoots a few enemies and pulls up his Nano shield and then kills more it looks like he is going to be overwhelmed. But the Scout covers him and he makes a run for it and grabs the Beacon but the assault is shot but then in comes the support and he revive him and they carry the Beacon home

The end

As you just read without them all playing there roles they would have no gotten the Beacon back Killzone shadow fall is very much a team based game and that is a nice change of pace from most other FPS. They all have there own unique weapon's and grenades and abilities Such as the Support has the Spawn beacon that sets up a spawn location until his timer runs out or it is destroyed. The assault has the Speed boost so he can run supppper fast and the scout has Emergency teleport and that ability name should give you a clue on what it does it does. But there are many more but that's the basics my favourite weapon is the supports chaingun

maps

The maps in killzone shadow fall are very balanced and no Team set side has a advange over another with every class having some spot in the maps to really show of there skills and there are promises of many more maps to come and there is a wide Varity of modes to be played on all with tons of hiding spots open areas Killzone shadow fall has really solid maps

Modes

Killzone shadow fall on of biggest point is that you can mess around  with the games setting and create awesome gamemodes and to some extent is more in-depth than Halo such as I created one where on Team have knives and the other chainguns on close quarters maps another one of my favourites is one where you have a pistol and that is it and every week new community favourite modes are brought in another one I liked was cloak and dagger and yes it is what it sounds like so there is plenty of room for new modes

The future

Killzone shadow falls future look at good and bad yes it does not have many players on it new modes are coming out every week on Fridays free maps are coming out and to season pass owners even more new maps and a Co op missions and it has committed devs and new content is always coming out

Ranking system

This is possibly the most important part of muilplayer to most people so lets cut to the chase

Killzone shadow fall does not have the XP ranking system most FPS have it has a challenge ranking system there are many challenges to complete in the game and the more challenges you complete the higher you're rank goes up I am mixed about this but we shall see in the coming weeks    

What does it do differently

Killzone shadow fall offers fair balanced arena style gameplay that works perfect every skill you get it you're own skill as the game has no aim assist  

The verdict

My verdict on the muilplayer is that it is a good solid balanced experience

I may write more later till then. :)

Edited by Ranger447
  • Like 1

innovations

What killzone shadow fall does differently is that it has dedicated hand on devs a polished balanced muilplayer system and constant updates can many FPS say the same ?

Actually yes. DICE has been doing that with Battlefield since 1942(Battlefield 1942) Not to mention Halo is doing it as well. Killing Floor also always has amazing dev support and new content. Blacklight Retribution I think also has great dev support. Don't even get me started on Team Fortress 2 probably the most dedicated support from the devs and community. Left 4 Dead a couple years back always had fresh content and challenges. I have a lot more games I can list, but I think you get the point.

While it is awesome Killzone:SF has dedicated dev support and it is the first PS4 title to do so. It has been done before for the longest time so that isn't an innovation that's an improvement on the franchise. 

Good review btw told me a couple things I didn't know   :thumbsup:

Edited by Buns
  • Like 1

*For some reason I cannot use a quote oh well just pretend what Bnus posted is here*

Yes but was Halo 4s and BF4 launches smooth no they were not and that was my point this is the smoothest FPS launch I have ever seen everything works are intended. :)

Did you even read what I said? I posted A LOT I never even said BF4 or Halo 4.I said Halo and Battlefield. You completely ignored the fact that I never said one specific title from those franchises. Not to mention you ignored all my other examples. 

It would be nice if you would at least read what I wrote because I at least took the time to read your post. 

Edited by Buns

Once again no quotes

Yes Bnus I read it 3 times as a matter of fact and I think I did make my point clear nor was it in the right section to rephrase is in order !!!!

My point was that that it was a smooth launch can other games say the same no some can so cannot I used BF4 and Halo 4 as examples of non polished launches.

As soon as I played muilplayer everything worked fine nothing was overpowered or unfair in someway. :) 

Then let me say again
You forgot to read all my other examples 
Killing Floor was a smooth launch, TF2 was a smooth launch, L4D was a smooth launch, and not to mention you never even mentioed ANYTHING about smooth launches. We're talking about dev support

Since you edited your post let me rewrite what you said

innovations

What killzone shadow fall does differently is that it has dedicated hand on devs a polished balanced muilplayer system and constant updates can many FPS say the same ?

Please point out where it says smooth launches? We are talking about dev support. Even then again Shadow Fall is not the first game to have a smooth launch or dev support so my point still stands. It was an improvement. Not an innovation. 

Edited by Buns

okay Bnus I removed the section because I worded it wrong. :)

Thats a funny way of admitting defeat shadow marshal. You could have just said:

"Oops sorry you're right FLEETCOM it wasn't an innovation but an improvement to the franchise."

Edited by Buns

• 2 weeks later...