Man Sets the Guinness World Record for Largest Video Game Collection!

VinWarrior

thrall-610x406.png

^Michael Thomasson among his collection^

The Guinness World Record for Largest Video Game Collection has now been set by Michael Thomasson, a 43 Year Old NY Father! He clocked in the record with 10'607 games in his vast collection. According to the Associated Press, not only does he own the games, but the consoles to play them on.

Rare units like the Japan-exclusive, female-oriented Casio Loopy, Pippin, and Colecovision all have a spot in his Buffalo home. The Colecovision, similar to a version his parents gave him one year after his grandparents got him a game for it, seems to be one of his favorites in the large collection. In the recently released Guinness World Records 2014 Gamer's Edition, the man stated, "It's my first love so it's sentimental. But the games also were quality, with very little of the 'shovelware' typical of many systems."

In 1998 Michael was forced to sell his collection for his wedding fees, but he eventually began buying games again, two per day, on a $3,000 budget. He estimates his collection is worth somewhere around $700,000-800,000.

Richard Leese, the original record holder with 8,616 games, stated, "My congratulations to a fellow collector," when he learned of Michael's achievement. "It's very impressive and I'm very happy for him." Now, a year after Guinness' counting crew finished, Thomasson claims to own over 11,000 games.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/24/man-sets-guinness-world-record-for-largest-game-collection

• Like 3