Amazon Hints at a GTA V announcment for Next-Gen!

VinWarrior

gta-v-details-revealed-rockstar-0.jpg

It was no surprise that Rockstar's blockbuster GTA V gained tremendous revenue at it's launch on PS3 and Xbox 360, and now it seems it may be ported to Xbox One and PS4. According to a report from GameFAQs from December 25th, Amazon's custmer service has spoken about Grand Theft Auto V releasing on other platforms in 2014 and provided potential time of such announcements occurring.

Earlier this month, Amazon customer service representatives shared that GTA 5 for PC will release in March 2014, but no official announcement has been made by Rockstar.

According to the Amazon representatives via TheSixthAxis, GTA 5 for PS4 and Xbox One could possibly be announced in Jan. of 2014. Amazon officially stated below:

“I am sorry but for PS4 and Xbox One there is no update yet, please check back by first week of January. We might have the update by then please.”

Previously, Amazon foretold that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V would be announced on Dec. 24, but no such event occurred. Despite the inaccuracy of the PC announcement prediction, Amazon is a common ground for leaks when it comes to new video game announcements and early release dates.

Whether or not Grand Theft Auto 5 finds its way to next-gen consoles or PC in 2014 remains to be seen, but many industry analysts have expressed in recent months their expectations such a release will happen. Earlier this year, Colin Sebastian, an analyst for Robert V. Baird & Co, stated that releasing GTA 5 on PS4 and Xbox One would “help extend the value of the franchise.”

Related news, another Amazon employee stated below:

“Unfortunately we do not have an exact date for it to be in stock as of yet. You may think of to contact Rockstar for further information. We are expecting it next year by February, but no clear date is guaranteed for now,”

Sources: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/419420-gta-v-pc-grand-theft-auto-5-coming-february-2014/

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-5-ps4-and-xbox-one-announcement-rumored-for-early-2014-says-amazon

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

I'm happy I got the game, and I very much enjoyed every moment playing it with my brother, but I kind of regret getting the game for this gen, when we could of waited and either got the PC version or Xbox One version... Had we known then what we know now, it would have been worth it to wait, and worth the wait. But then again the game gave me countless hours of bonding time with my big brother and hours of non-stop-cop-killing-maniac-frenzy-mayhem and fun... so... I ain't complainin!

Thanks Rockstar! And thank you too Edward K.!  ^_^