Titanfall Hard to Market Due to Lack of Single-Player

VinWarrior

titanfall.jpg

Titanfall is a completely different brand of game all together, differing from others due to it's lack of a single-player story, and the hope that multi-player alone can sell it. This has made the game difficult to market according to the game's producers.

Drew McCoy, producer, basically stated the norm of trailers, with multiple scripted Single-player moments, and how Titanfall is instead a blend of shots of real game-play in a live multi-player, usually at around 3-5 minutes. This of course shows the flow of a normal game, creating a more realistic picture of how it will play.

He also explained that this was the reason they took pre-alpha builds to their reveals in places like PAX, so people could have hands-on playtime without them needing to polish a single-player mode.

Source: IGN

• Like 1

I dont see it as difficult to market all I hear people looking forward to in gaming is Destiny and Titanfall. I think that they have done a tremendous job. We all know what it is yet there is still some much to cover. I truly can't wait. And if any of Respawn Entertainment happens to read this... Dont worry your game is going to great it looks awesome. :)

Hmmmm, I don't have any exact statistics or anything but I'm fairly certain a majority of gamers are playing their games online nowadays... Obviously, there's still a good chunk of people out there who don't use XBL / PSN / whatever and just play single player games, but there aren't too many to my knowledge so I don't think this will really be a major hindrance to Titanfall's sales.