Disney Finally Abandons 'Star Wars 1313' Project

VinWarrior

In the final nail in Star Wars 1313's coffin, Disney has abandoned the trademark.

In a glance at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, it is noticeable that the Star Wars 1313 trademark has not be renewed, likely meaning that the developers and Disney have abandoned the project fully. When the company acquired LucasArts word spread that this would affect development, even though Disney attempted to calm these concerns. Though they did try to calm the concerns, the project was eventually said to have been in limbo, and this seems to be the final mention of the project.

post-26953-0-09900100-1390253118_thumb.jpg

For those looking to get their Star Wars fix, Electronic Arts and DICE are working on another entry in the Star Wars: Battlefront series, as well as multiple other Star Wars projects in development.

Source: IGN.com

Edited by Edward Kenway
  • Like 2

I'm going to play devils advocate and point out things in this post.

1. Disney abandoned this project when they closed LucasArts so this news is quite old. They even announced that.

2. DICE has already stated that Battlefront has not been delayed because of the BF4 issues.

3. WHY DIDN'T YOU STATE THAT FOR THOSE LOOKING TO GET THEIR STAR WARS FIX THAT THERE ARE 3 OTHER DEVELOPERS MAKING STAR WARS GAMES + STAR WARS ATTACK SQUADRONS + ALL THE STAR WARS GAMES ALREADY OUT ARE YOU EVEN A FAN GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good job on the article though. 

• Like 1

I'm going to play devils advocate and point out things in this post.

1. Disney abandoned this project when they closed LucasArts so this news is quite old. They even announced that.

2. DICE has already stated that Battlefront has not been delayed because of the BF4 issues.

Good job on the article though. 

1. They did abandon the project earlier but this is the finally official "it's over" by removing the trademark which is what I'm pointing out.

2. That might be true. Stupid IGN.

3. No I'm not a fan :P I'll edit it doe.

Edited by Edward Kenway

1. They did abandon the project earlier but this is the finally official "it's over" by removing the trademark which is what I'm pointing out.

2. That might be true. Stupid IGN.

3. No I'm not a fan :P I'll edit it doe.

Oh NOW TIME TO POINT OUT MORE THINGS

4. If someone wants their

Just kidding I'll stop now great job on the article though

Huh..well I that sucks. I am a big fan of star wars and a new star wars game would have been very cool. Sadly StarWars 1313 is being cancelled. Luckily though, A new battlefront game and other StarWars games are coming out later. Good article as well. Very impressive.

Think about how many years this game had been in development, now think about what we've actually seen from this game.

This move makes sense, the 1313 Project was never going to see the light of day so it would have been a waste of time, talent and money to keep this going.

Better to focus on something that will happen relistically than keeping something like this on life support.