343 Industries Hiring For an Additional Franchise Writer!

VinWarrior

With Halo on it's way, 343i Is gearing up and hiring yet another member of it's staff, this time, in the Writing Department.

343 Industries has done quite a lot of hiring lately and bringing new people on board, this time, they are adding to their writing department, with a qualified person. The newly hired employee must be able to work with the Halo lore and twist it in a way that makes it still work, as well as the usual behaviors around the workplace which are common. In summary, they need to have precise attention to detail of the Halo universe and be able to perform to the best of their abilities in creating a script for future Halos. To do that requires extensive training in that field.

post-26953-0-06030400-1391136072.jpg

The challenges ahead are said to put stress and pressure on the hired employee and he must be able to take that, and still create a work of art. Points are added if the employee has skills such as experience in editing and writing in-game content and doing the same for audio, which is said to raise it by ten points, and web publishing experience, a minor seven points.

post-26953-0-07219500-1391135975_thumb.jpg

Of course 343i Includes a writing sample which will determine if you have what it takes or not. This will have the applicant write a 1000 word or less summary of the concept of "The Mantle". Included must be images and videos when appropriate. To push you further in the project, 343i has said below:

"Anticipate that this document would be used by Halo creators at 343 Industries and external development/creative partners. "

The position is still open to those who are willing to attempt it.

Would you want to work for 343i?

Source: Microsoft-careers.com

HaloWaypoint.com

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 5

343 has been making quite a lot of changes around the office lately, hopefully it works. Great post Edward.

Speaking from Halo 4's lore (I haven't read the books yet) I haven't been a fan of their story writting don't get me wrong some of bungies writing has plot holes and such too. I'm really not keen on the didact as I did when we first read about him in the terminals and him enslaving human souls and putting them into prometheans feels incredibly out of place in the Halo universe imo. Also can someone tell me why the forerunners favored the humans but the humans ended up hating them and wanted to and went to war with them?

• Like 1

Humanity never actually hated the forerunners. When ancient Humanity was pushed into forerunner territory by the flood, the forerunners saw it as an act of invasion instead of an act of fleeing, because they did not know about the flood. There is one certain terminal in Halo 4 that shows the Lord of Admirals (humanities' ancient admiral) and his ship coming over a forerunner planet. They scanned the planet and realized the flood was already in the process of taking it over, so they pretty much glassed it with forerunners still on the surface. The Didact saw this and this is how the war started between them. The humans had to fight a war on two fronts and when they eventually achieved "victory" against the flood they were so exhausted, the forerunners were just too much for them. They never really hated them, it was more a forced war. The didact never saw it that way though, and stuck with the anti-human side.mIt would also be a long time before the forerunners realized that the humans were running. So the humans never wanted to go to war with them.  

• Like 1