Reactions With the Stars of the Community Volume 2: Spyro

VinWarrior

Yes this is a day earlier then expected and no, this will probably not be weekly consecutively. This series will likely run at random dates at the current moment, I want to do it as often as possible, so, possibly 1-3 times a week, 3 at best, 1 at worst. Today we're getting the reaction of a now famous purple dragon who's always a fun and cheery guy around the forums, and in his popular creation, the United States of the Forum Presidential Election! I give you Spyro!

EK: Do you think there's still hope for the Gears franchise after the bombing of Gears of War: Judgment, the series' latest installment?

SP: I think there will always be hope for a series as successful as Gears of War. It will have its ups, and it's downs, like all successful series, Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield all included. So it may take some time, but it will recover, and it will be better than ever.

EK: Have you ever played a Gears of War title on the Xbox 360? If so, what do you think of the franchise in it's current state and from different developers, Epic Games?

SP:Yes, I have actually. The first three in fact. Honestly, I'm saddened by the state. It was so much fun playing through the campaigns with my friends, sawing enemies in half with the lancer one after the other. I haven't gotten to play Judgement myself, so I can't speak on that other than that I've heard awful things about it, which makes me wonder what happened exactly. Honestly though, I have no opinion on Epic Games.

EK: If another studio could develop the series, who do you think would be the right pick to do the job?

SP: I'm not sure to be honest, I guess it would be interesting to see it be done by Naughty Dog. Why? I don't know, I just think it would be.

post-26953-0-36055600-1391310915_thumb.jpg

(image by Kalgram on DeviantART)

EK: Seeing Black Tusk's recent game project trailer do you think they're fit for the job?

SP: I'd rather not base my opinion off of a trailer. I haven't seen or experienced anything that they've made. I think that this will be the same for when Halo was changed from Bungie to 343industries. There will be haters, and there will be people who vouch for them no matter what, but we won't know what we're going to get until it's finished. So for now I have no idea whether or not they're up to it or deserve it, I can only hope that they'll take care of a series that I deeply love.

EK: Do you think the exclusion of titles on a single platform and their now annual launches are becoming a problem for developers and causing games to release in glitched states or incomplete states such as the one Battlefield 4 was in? 

SP: Yes, I think that early release and console exclusives are a problem. I don't think it's fair to keep games for a single console just to force a gamer to buy that exact console, and I think it's completely unfair to the consumer when a dev. releases a game that they promise to be amazing entirely too early and is more glitchy than Missingno. I personally feel that devs should actually finish the game before releasing it, regardless of how long it will take. I'd rather wait an extra two months and have a good game instead of having a game sooner that will be all but unplayable for several more months as they work on individual updates.

Wise words from Spyro the Dragon, thanks for taking the interview Spyro! tune in next time for another Reactions With the Stars of the Community!

• Like 7